Gory film, called something basterds with Brad Pit

30-6

quentin tarantino film all star cast good film I thought the bar scene is brillant. Some slated it as tarantino's worst film of his 10 films to be made 

3 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Not as gory as the opening of Private Ryan. 

Interesting movie fact

The Omaha Beach landing was so accurate that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in 1998 had to set up a toll-free hotline to aid World War II veterans and survivors cope with any adverse reactions to the graphic situations in the first three days of its release. 

1 hour ago, the enigma said:

Brilliant film, Christopher Waltz was excellent in it.

Think he won an Oscar or something else for it, funny thing is he played the polar opposite character in another film and won an award for that as well.

Great actor and a great film.

1863057808_Screenshot_20231025-091820_SamsungInternet.jpg.89a6f42668e740698a21fd8b21fb336a.jpg

Yep.

1 hour ago, 30-6 said:

Well, just had a warning off Welsh 1 for putting up the title of the film.

It passed the swear filter as was spelt different.

Took the warning, but to be honest thought it was an unfair warning.

HHhhahhahhahhahhaaaaaaaa think yourself lucky....you are a points virgin compared to me.....been sent on holiday several times by Zapp

43 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

"The use of bad language, or mock bad language, is prohibited."

By changing the spelling you have attempted to evade the swear filter which is against the T&C's you agreed to when joining the forum.

He didn't do it in an attempt to evade the swear filter, that's the exact title of the film. It's deliberately misspelled - see below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

Rules are rules, but you're accusing him of something that he didn't do.

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

HHhhahhahhahhahhaaaaaaaa think yourself lucky....you are a points virgin compared to me.....been sent on holiday several times by Zapp

The good thing Simon is when you have been on holiday you have come back you are a bright light on here  full of knowledge often funny often sozzled 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

quentin tarantino film all star cast good film I thought the bar scene is brillant. Some slated it as tarantino's worst film of his 10 films to be made 

Interesting movie fact

The Omaha Beach landing was so accurate that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in 1998 had to set up a toll-free hotline to aid World War II veterans and survivors cope with any adverse reactions to the graphic situations in the first three days of its release. 

If you ever get chance to visit Omaha/ golden beach and pay your respects I would.

went with the wife who grandad was part of the royal engineers on the floating concrete!

Agriv8

3 minutes ago, Genghis said:

He didn't do it in an attempt to evade the swear filter, that's the exact title of the film. It's deliberately misspelled - see below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

Rules are rules, but you're accusing him of something that he didn't do.

Was going to make the same comment.

Apparently, Tarantino changed the spelling to how the word is spoken. I didn't know this until a very recent search due to this thread.

So the title is the B word, just spelt differently, but not by the OP 🤷

For Welsh 1,

I DID NOT change the spelling that is the title of the film. It passed the filters. So I still maintain I have done nothing wrong.

For Ditchman,

If I need any pointers I will contact you, as you seem the best man to advise me LOL 😄. Do you think I need to start a " 30-6 is innocent " campaign ?  😉😉😉

3 minutes ago, JKD said:

Was going to make the same comment.

Apparently, Tarantino changed the spelling to how the word is spoken. I didn't know this until a very recent search due to this thread.

So the title is the B word, just spelt differently, but not by the OP 🤷

Indeed. "Inglourious" is also misspelled.

Hopefully Welsh realises he got the wrong end of the stick here.

2 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

For Welsh 1,

I DID NOT change the spelling that is the title of the film. It passed the filters. So I still maintain I have done nothing wrong.

For Ditchman,

If I need any pointers I will contact you, as you seem the best man to advise me LOL 😄. Do you think I need to start a " 30-6 is innocent " campaign ?  😉😉😉

We'll all send you food parcels if you get a 'DITCHY' 🥪🥮🍰😊

4 minutes ago, Genghis said:

Indeed. "Inglourious" is also misspelled.

Hopefully Welsh realises he got the wrong end of the stick here.

Yeah, noticed that,,,, thought it might be an American 'thang' 🙈

I'm expecting Gordon to appear soon to confirm his surname is Bennett 😆

Edited by JKD