Beans on toast

harrycatcat1

I'm not going to pick fault with it but !

Mrs Dougy is not allowed to do my Beanz on toast, she's just not the experience. its got to be 4 rounds of toast, preferably white bread, once toasted buttered ASAP so the butter melts in, then cut in half and placed on a large dinner plate plaited or placed diagonally. 1/2 a round left and placed on the side for later. Beanz heated in a pan and poured over the toast covering as much as possible, a really good helping of HP brown sauce all over, use the 1/2 round to wipe round the pan, folded in half and sampled prior to diving into the feast. 

I'm tempted to have a plate full tomorrow if only to put a pic on here. 👍

3 hours ago, amateur said:

By chance, we had the same tonight.

Morrison's beans, home made wholemeal toast and two properly poached eggs

20231026_174621.jpg.2112a390556771b51e6c01deae4c66f2.jpg

This is the right direction of travel. 

However, the dish needs a meat accompaniment; crispy bacon or black pudding or a bust open sausages just to add depth of flavour. Add a mere dash of HP on said meet accompaniment.

I also favour the addition of fresh ripe tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper. 

But yes, toast needs to be properly dark toasted and with a crust that has a solid hard crunch - when the centre of the toast gets soggy with bean juice, you can revert to and add slices of the outer crust for that all important crunchy texture balance.

On the whole, good work. A solid A- or B+ only let down with the lack of meat.

Edit

I like hard dry toast and will often put my bread / toast in before I go to bed, and then re-toast in the morning for that extra crunch. This works well with beans and spaghetti hoops (particularly non brand variants that tend to be a little more runny than branded versions). Add grated strong cheese and a dash of Worcestershire sauce for that premium event.

Edited by Mungler

18 minutes ago, Mungler said:

This is the right direction of travel. 

However, the dish needs a meat accompaniment; crispy bacon or black pudding or a bust open sausages just to add depth of flavour. Add a mere dash of HP on said meet accompaniment.

I also favour the addition of fresh ripe tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper. 

But yes, toast needs to be properly dark toasted and with a crust that has a solid hard crunch - when the centre of the toast gets soggy with bean juice, you can revert to and add slices of the outer crust for that all important crunchy texture balance.

On the whole, good work. A solid A- or B+ only let down with the lack of meat.

Edit

I like hard dry toast and will often put my bread / toast in before I go to bed, and then re-toast in the morning for that extra crunch. This works well with beans and spaghetti hoops (particularly non brand variants that tend to be a little more runny than branded versions). Add grated strong cheese and a dash of Worcestershire sauce for that premium event.

It was my light evening meal.

Black pud, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, HP sauce?

Dear God! I would be up half the night with dispepsia, not to mention putting back the couple of stone that I managed to lose over the past couple of years.

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

even those morrison beans look better than anemic runny Heinz

I'm not a beans connoissieur. 

Basically, I eat what my wife serves up and, in fact, I only know that they were Morrisons because I asked her.

They could have been Branstons and I wouldn't know.

7 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Where are "puree" and "frozen chips" comments 🤔 

ps they were Heinz sugar free beans, they were horrible tasting compared to Aldi beans. Don't know why we bought them tbh.

20231026_162756.jpg.fb6e13ada856cbc45c3d2f20f14c82c5.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not worth the effort 😆