EU Free movement. Has the bubble burst?

Rem260

If this is true it seems that our European friends are reconsidering free movement.  This being one of the things that Brexiteers were accused of throwing away by their lack of understanding. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12741131/The-shattering-Schengen-map-reveals-ELEVEN-countries-France-Slovakia-Sweden-Germany-rebelling-against-EU-free-movement-face-terrorism-control-immigration.html

11 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

If they cannot get into France in theory it should stop them,  however theory is wonderful thing and the French want them out,

Mm, I take your point but until the money is turned off the import price will go up until the traffickers are scared witless. Sorry, going back into my daze.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

On 19/11/2023 at 10:09, 12gauge82 said:

In my opinion she never did anything incredible, just had the courage to carry out what she said and showed solid leadership skills. Which as gordon points out above, other than Churchill put her head and shoulders above most others this country has had. Which is a sad indictment really.

I think that these days a politician of whatever side carrying out what they said with solid leadership skills would be pretty incredible!

On 13/11/2023 at 16:45, Vince Green said:

It was a really stupid idea in the first place. It never served any useful purpose what so ever. Once all the dirt poor former Iron Curtain countries were allowed to join It became ridiculous.

Just a perfect example of the EU not thinking through the implications of its actions

It was an excellent idea. Yes. Until as said above on 2004. Then it all became a traffic of factories moving East...Cadbury, PSA Citroen, Renault, and others Ford, General Motors and etc. closing. And at the same time their jobseekers moving West. Effectively the architects of the enlargement of the EU to encompass the former Warsaw Pact countries sowed the real discontent that spawned Farage and Brexit.

Edited by enfieldspares