Testing….testing….

Ttfjlc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Look if we give everyone a refund then we can’t get new cars this year and will only get two weeks holiday on Mod Island in the Bahamas rather than the usual four.

You are doing what you can pal, these things are not always a quick fix. I'm sure people own guns they could go out shooting rather than popping here to say it's down.. 🧐 yet if they can post it's definitely up 

On 17/01/2024 at 11:06, martinj said:

as apprentices we would find a pre 1941 florin and make a silver ring out of it something like this:

image.png.8725d7849e1dc79f5b096137e66ef6b3.png

I remember my grandad who was a tool setter in Cheneys Birmingham back in the day would make a Spitfire from an old penny. Can’t remember how he did it, but I have tried myself and just can’t replicate it, obviously a knack.

On 16/01/2024 at 20:49, Miserableolgit said:

Just dug deep into my old trouser pockets…

IMG_2208.jpeg.64fc2276f8b13ed628ef447452eef728.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg.45e75589c3933b14ade93cb2a5cf073d.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg.b89f0dda59ffdc374b588c999fbb0f59.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg.0d41763b8005aeab10104ac77cf7c31b.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg.f30685b7e3dee19cd5ee0e299ee9c38a.jpeg

Ahh, so that’s where the saying comes from “as bent as a 9 bod note.

On 16/01/2024 at 21:11, marsh man said:

Those old trousers could tell a few tales , did yer get some Green Shield stamps when you bought your pair of trousers .

I remember when we had a day in London years ago when we were at the Junior school , we had to save up the whole term for the train fare by taking threepence or sixpence every week and the school was like a savings club , by the end of term we had saved enough for the rail fare , we then had to get some spending money , collecting news papers and running errons we finally got a load of low value coins , rather than take a pocket full of coins I changed them into a ten bob note , so I didn't lose it I had it in my inside jacket pocket with a safety pin into the note and the material around the pocket , I can't remember what I spent but for a out in the sticks Norfolk boy I found London a real eye opener and went back a few times in the golden era of the 60s , Happy days .

I love reading you old timers reminiscing, it’s an education, keep it coming lads. Not that far behind you to be honest.😂😜

20 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

I remember my grandad who was a tool setter in Cheneys Birmingham back in the day would make a Spitfire from an old penny. Can’t remember how he did it, but I have tried myself and just can’t replicate it, obviously a knack.

Ah, the good old days of the Brummigem screwdriver?

Still have all of mine.

30 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

I love reading you old timers reminiscing, it’s an education, keep it coming lads. Not that far behind you to be honest.😂😜

Thanks Stevie boy :lol: , age wise , no matter how fast you run you will never catch us oldies up :hmm: