Really?

Scully

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pushkin said:

Sorry if this is too personal for you Ditchie but.... How are you doing with getting your teeth - or lack of- dealt with?  Any good news?

Cheers mate.  Pushkin:good:

given up now.....i have one broken tooth left on my top jaw and thats it.................any MP who knocks on my door spouting **** gets theirs knocked out ...period

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Apparently hes waiting on auld dobbin who grazes in the field next to him, to get the shout from the glue factory.

you can be ******* cruel sometimes

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

given up now.....i have one broken tooth left on my top jaw and thats it.................any MP who knocks on my door spouting **** gets theirs knocked out ...period

you can be ******* cruel sometimes

No danger of that happening, it'l be too wet, too cold, too hot , too windy for them to venture out?

Basically they are too idle and know it makes no  difference to your vote?

My wife and i had our first dental appoint in 5 years Monday both got x-rays as they need done every 2 years now  , the bill for the same treatment ?. Hers £11odds mine £6 odd how come she had to get a wisdom tooth out me a polish bill for both £66 

On 19/01/2024 at 19:30, Pushkin said:
Sorry if this is too personal for you Ditchie but.... How are you doing with getting your teeth - or lack of- dealt with?  Any good news?

Cheers mate.  Pushkin:good:

given up now.....i have one broken tooth left on my top jaw and thats it.................any MP who knocks on my door spouting **** gets theirs knocked out ...period.

That just aint good enoiugh my friend.  Are there no community Dentists or dentistry teaching hospitals near you, they tend to look favourably on situations such as your own..  Good luck. Pushkin.

12 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Sorry if this is too personal for you Ditchie but.... How are you doing with getting your teeth - or lack of- dealt with?  Any good news?

Cheers mate.  Pushkin:good:

given up now.....i have one broken tooth left on my top jaw and thats it.................any MP who knocks on my door spouting **** gets theirs knocked out ...period.

That just aint good enoiugh my friend.  Are there no community Dentists or dentistry teaching hospitals near you, they tend to look favourably on situations such as your own..  Good luck. Pushkin.

nope

Surely there has to be something without paying way over the odds for treatment?  I take it all the NHS are now private.  But I thought local authority had to ensure NHS presence in each area - or do I have that wrong too.  I am very frustrated on your behalf which won't go anywhere to help you though. Sorry and I am s0o angry that Britain has reached this stage and I hope all ministers of the political bent have horrendous toothache and pyrea of the gums for the next month so it costs them a fortune to get fixed and they eventually loose all their teeth in pain throughout. I only feel that is the least they deserve.  Good luck Mate. Pushkin:good:

21 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Surely there has to be something without paying way over the odds for treatment?  I take it all the NHS are now private.  But I thought local authority had to ensure NHS presence in each area - or do I have that wrong too.  I am very frustrated on your behalf which won't go anywhere to help you though. Sorry and I am s0o angry that Britain has reached this stage and I hope all ministers of the political bent have horrendous toothache and pyrea of the gums for the next month so it costs them a fortune to get fixed and they eventually loose all their teeth in pain throughout. I only feel that is the least they deserve.  Good luck Mate. Pushkin:good:

I think if there is NHS you only get very basic treatment and you still pay a significant portion of that? Here there is no NHS except for kids. 

16 hours ago, Pushkin said:

I believe there is supposedly a bod in each area to try to ensure access to NHS dentistry for all? But as is the usual way with these things, this one sounds " toothless?"

Sorry ditchy.

16 hours ago, oowee said:

I think if there is NHS you only get very basic treatment and you still pay a significant portion of that? Here there is no NHS except for kids. 

Nothing basic about my NHS dentist.

5 minutes ago, old man said:

I believe there is supposedly a bod in each area to try to ensure access to NHS dentistry for all? But as is the usual way with these things, this one sounds " toothless?"

Sorry ditchy.

Nothing basic about my NHS dentist.

Porcelain crowns are not normally NHS or implants. Appointments, clean and polish times are minimal.

?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Porcelain crowns are not normally NHS or implants. Appointments, clean and polish times are minimal.

?

Luckily Crowns and implants not needed yet. Cleaning is never rushed. 

Still have enough teeth to avoid bashing my gums.😃

Just now, old man said:

Luckily Crowns and implants not needed yet. Cleaning is never rushed. 

Still have enough teeth to avoid bashing my gums.😃

My teeth chose the last two years to suddenly fall apart for some reason. Must be all the Haribo's i ate? 🤣

Its become seriously expensive. 

One thing to look into if you want NHS dentistry is to find out where your local "school of dentistry" is and let the students have at you. Over here in Northern Ireland it's based at the RVH in Belfast and most treatment is free or a small nominal fee. If my local dentist doesn't take me on as an NHS patient again then that's where I'm headed to.

5 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

One thing to look into if you want NHS dentistry is to find out where your local "school of dentistry" is and let the students have at you. Over here in Northern Ireland it's based at the RVH in Belfast and most treatment is free or a small nominal fee. If my local dentist doesn't take me on as an NHS patient again then that's where I'm headed to.

Yes, they used to do that at the Dental Hospital in Birmingham.  Not even sure if it is still there now.

We only have private dentists locally.  As far as I know, any that do have an NHS list is closed off to 'new patients'.  I have been with my dental practice for over 60 years, initially NHS, but it's been private only for around 30 years.  A routine visit is £35 now.  Fillings are £100 - 150 each.  My (then) dentist moved to private only as the NHS insisted on a mass of paperwork that was costing a lot, and paid very little.  For a time they did kids NHS, but they don't even do that now.

There was just a piece on the Scottish news a girl went to Turkey to have a Gastric band fitted as the price here was £8000/£12000 while in Turkey she Paid £7500 i think but they nicked her small intestine and didn't know 2 days later they put her on a plane home and the plane had to divert so they could unload her and take her to a hospital where after her mother flew out she died two days later 

Sorry if this is too personal for you Ditchie but.... How are you doing with getting your teeth - or lack of- dealt with?  Any good news?

Cheers mate.  Pushkin:good:

Theres a guy i knew bought a extractor tool from Amazon and pulled the two teeth that where bothering him loaded up with painkillers and back to work mind you the guy was self employed . Ditchie you pull your tooth get a set of wallies and sorted 

Not dentistry, but on the Turkish thread, when we were in Turkey several years ago, my wife had to have an emergency operation due to a blockage in her intestine. The service we received was second to none ........ once they had details of our insurance policy !!

A doctor drove us to the hospital, X-ray and blood tests done straight away with results within minutes and a diagnosis requiring urgent surgery (told it was life threatening). She was operated on within the hour. Like Mike170874`s friend experienced, the hospital (Bodrum) was like a 1st class hotel. After the operation we were given a suite for her recovery and the surgeon came personally every morning to dress the wound. One morning he spotted a dead fly right in the corner of the room, got on his phone and within 3 minutes there was an army of cleaners sanitising the whole suite.

The hospital administrator came to me explaining how poorly paid the nurses were and that if I gave a donation, then he would ensure that we got the best treatment and that I could use his office for free phone calls and his fax machine (prior to emails !). He  introduced himself "My name is Fahti", which is obviously a name I`ve never forgotten :w00t:.

However, once I had made the donation, suddenly all the nurses who previously only spoke Turkish, then spoke good English and nothing was too much trouble. It was certainly a good investment and most gratefully received.

She was unable to fly home for nearly two weeks and we were put up in a top hotel for that period with all taxis, 1st class flights home and a taxi home from Gatwick.

Fortunately, we had really good insurance which covered the total bill of £28000. No wonder we received good treatment and that once at the hospital, all the doctors, consultants etc suddenly came out of the woodwork.

Having said that we have had some brilliant holidays in Turkey at various resorts and always found the locals really friendly.

On our earlier holidays, we could go out for the day on a Gullet including a barbecue lunch midday all for £6 each !!

I suspect that prices have increased tenfold by now.

Sorry to derail  the original thread somewhat.

OB

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

For years I’ve gone on a hand luggage flight to Croatia or Hungary for my dental work which is done by a private dentist (one is an English expat) and is 30% the cost of the U.K. 

Could you possibly DM me his details please? I have had a bit of an incident last week that will require some dentistry and I am keen to lower costs. Thankyou :)