Police shooting in Southwark, LOndon

Penelope

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Good on them, shoot 1st then ask questions. Hope there is not a enquiry.

There is nothing more certain than an enquiry. The Officer concerned will also be grounded, if not suspended. 

Yeah but how do you see the situation where some  bloke rang up and said that he was armed and was going to shoot himself and plod zoomed off out there and  ended up shooting him.???  Did they have a  negligent discharge OR... did they think,,, well he's going to shoot himself so we'll have a bit of realism target practice or some other random  idea.  Surely the idea should have been to calm the situation and get the bloke to stand down and get help. 

3 minutes ago, Minky said:

Yeah but how do you see the situation where some  bloke rang up and said that he was armed and was going to shoot himself and plod zoomed off out there and  ended up shooting him.???  Did they have a  negligent discharge OR... did they think,,, well he's going to shoot himself so we'll have a bit of realism target practice or some other random  idea.  Surely the idea should have been to calm the situation and get the bloke to stand down and get help. 

Are you a snowflake?  Thats whats wrong with this country too soft.

Surely the idea should have been to calm the situation and get the bloke to stand down and get help. 

When he has rung up, saying he is armed and going to kill himself, I think it was past the point of a chat.

4 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

And we will be more than £100,000 poorer when we have to keep them in the life of luxury. i.e. jail!

prison is a necessary cost to punish the guilty not a £100,000 that could have been saved by asking questions first! 

52 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Are you a snowflake?  Thats whats wrong with this country too soft.

Billy, steady now.  That attitude is back to the dark ages.  Just because someone is in a hole of depression it is generally a call  for help.  IF the guy was walking the streets taking pot shots at people then fair enough drop him but what does it matter how long it takes to talk him out of it and yield.   There is no justification for just going out and splogging the bloke.  This just leads to more problems like Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes. They just went out and shot the bloke in the head in front of a carriage of passengers.   He was a. Electrician.   Then there was the bloke who had a chair leg tied to his pushbike crossbar they shot. And the bloke in Hastings who was naked in bed who was shot because they thought that he was armed.??  What with.?  A banana.? Think about it.  It could be you.

59 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

When he has rung up, saying he is armed and going to kill himself, I think it was past the point of a chat.

So why did have plod had to go out there shooting.  Unless he is a danger to others. He may not have had a weapon. He may have laid it down or sadly shot himself but that would have been his choice.

So why did have plod had to go out there shooting.  Unless he is a danger to others. He may not have had a weapon. He may have laid it down or sadly shot himself but that would have been his choice.

Are you in possession of more facts than the rest of us? You are blaming the Police without any knowledge whatsoever. By the way, they are the Police, not the disrespectful "plod". Your choice of word suggests an attitude.

WHY did the Police not try to shoot his trigger finger   ?  This would have prevented him from firing the crossbow  ?   Yes, the idiots have taken over the asylum.........I'm out  🙄

Edited by Westley

11 minutes ago, Westley said:

WHY did the Police not try to shoot his trigger finger   ?  This would have prevented him from firing the crossbow  ?   Yes, the idiots have taken over the asylum.........I'm out  🙄

The Lone Ranger was not real you know?

Just now, johnphilip said:

There is always someone who has to spoil things 😀😀 me and my big brother. Were Cisco and Pancho , I had to play the part of the little fat one 😀

I got to be Cisco, because my sis was younger.

I see the usual suspects have come out with their brilliant, Hollywood inspired ideas.

De Menzes has been mentioned again, by people who’ve clearly done zero reading on the subject.

It can’t be long before someone suggests the officer “should of (sic) fired a warning shot above their head”.

On a forum where people are supposed to understand the realities of firearms.  It would be comical if it wasn’t so worrying.