Small piece.

Scully

Am busy creating work for the up and coming Borders Art Fair in Kelso next month. 
It is a seriously good art fair with around 100 professional artists and galleries displaying work. 
I really like this town and we look forward to staying there each year. We stay at Ednam House and have breakfast overlooking the Tweed. 👍
Anyhow, this is one of several acrylics I’ll be displaying. 
image.jpeg.d8ba8b5d7ffe98445775de62986c2c96.jpeg

Very nice work, Scully.

When you create a piece of work like this, do you use photos as a reference, or do you work from memory ?

One of my regular walks, with the spaniels, is along a stone wall which is on the perimeter of the forestry, and very similar to this painting.

Well done 👍 

1 minute ago, harrycatcat1 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are wasted as a bus driver,  you should be on the stage 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍

You took your time finding that comedic whip 🙈😆

13 hours ago, Scully said:

Sorry, just seen this! Thank you. 

I paint insides as well. 🙂👍

Scully, I have always admired your talent and understand the enjoyment you get from your art work…...but!...painting and decorating for a living, no thank you, I am in the middle of decorating our hallway, stairs and landing, walls emulsion, woodwork vinyl eggshell.

I have no nails left from sanding/keying the woodwork, I have used a box of poly-filler on the walls and woodwork filling all the blemishes then sanding, I have now started the painting, walls two coats and the woodwork will have the same, Christ, how can anyone do this full time? :no:

5 hours ago, old'un said:

Scully, I have always admired your talent and understand the enjoyment you get from your art work…...but!...painting and decorating for a living, no thank you, I am in the middle of decorating our hallway, stairs and landing, walls emulsion, woodwork vinyl eggshell.

I have no nails left from sanding/keying the woodwork, I have used a box of poly-filler on the walls and woodwork filling all the blemishes then sanding, I have now started the painting, walls two coats and the woodwork will have the same, Christ, how can anyone do this full time? :no:

Thank you. 🙂

It’s all in the prep’, which is why people loathe it! It can be a chore at times but once I’m painting and there’s some decent music on I just switch off. 
Zinsser Cover Stain negates the need for a lot of ‘keying’. Great paint. 👍

The artwork can be as much of a chore at times. People think it’s relaxing, and as a hobby it probably is, but as a profession it can be a grind at times. Unlike the decorating I can’t just switch off; there’s a lot of concentration involved. 

Some can’t understand why I do it if it’s not relaxing, but I’m driven to do it I suppose. Get quite restless if I’m kept from it for too long. 🤷‍♂️

The end result of course is immensely satisfying.