Mansplaining

Cosmicblue

20 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Golf pro Georgia Ball on her viral 'mansplaining' TikTok

As they say, every day is a school day - 'Mansplaining', had to look it up on Wikipedia - I clearly live a sheltered life.

I do wonder if this is really about the unhelpful input delivered by some off camera man or 10m chaps ogling gym-wear?

Not even sure how the hell this makes the news. She could of said thanks but I'm a pro changing my swing, end of. It's a non story where the bloke possibly thought he was helping yet gets accused of trying to be superior.

@ShootingEgg Whilst I agree it’s far from news worthy, it does fall perfectly into the current narrative of men can do no right! And this guy just backed up the claims. Have you watched the video?  Genuinely interested as if you have I can’t understand how you came to your conclusion’s and if not maybe you should watch it and it will likely change your conclusion. 

i saw it on a different platform earlier today and was quite disgusted by the guys behaviour! The initial interaction I don’t believe had anything wrong with it, I actually think it was well intended. But, the guy then missed the obvious but polite marker of I'm not interested in anything you have to say and continued to forcefully impart his knowledge and constantly cut the young lady off every time she tried to speak, absolutely disgusting behaviour on his part and should learn some manners. 

4 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

@ShootingEgg Whilst I agree it’s far from news worthy, it does fall perfectly into the current narrative of men can do no right! And this guy just backed up the claims. Have you watched the video?  Genuinely interested as if you have I can’t understand how you came to your conclusion’s and if not maybe you should watch it and it will likely change your conclusion. 

i saw it on a different platform earlier today and was quite disgusted by the guys behaviour! The initial interaction I don’t believe had anything wrong with it, I actually think it was well intended. But, the guy then missed the obvious but polite marker of I'm not interested in anything you have to say and continued to forcefully impart his knowledge and constantly cut the young lady off every time she tried to speak, absolutely disgusting behaviour on his part and should learn some manners. 

^^^^^^ This. Golf is a man's game you can't possibly know anything about it. 

2 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

I don't understand golf at all, it seems totally pointless....has to be a social activity like busting clays with a bunch of mates which seems like a good idea to me....😀

I know a few shooters who should have taken up golf  !  😁

12 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

No I've not seen it so maybe I am wrong in saying he may have been offering helpful advice. So apologies if I have offended/ spoken out or turn. In that situation if she has politely said bog off then he should accept the reply and go back to slicing his balls down range

@oowee I play with both men and women. And there are some damn good female golfers out there. I am one of the not so good blokes who play hide and seek with a white ball every so often.. 9/10 the ball wins the game 

Seen it heard it on the clay ground when my shooting mates daughter joins us - often with bright hair - studs and pins and generally looking very much like a student! . Watching the face drop when she smokes the clays and hits them all is quite good sport though !

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8