aid worker deaths

clangerman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War is a dirty nasty business, and mistakes are made or choices are made that turn out to be wrong, anyone willingly entering a conflict zone should be aware of the dangers and the possiblity they might die.
My heart goes out to the families, the 3 who died were experienced Veterans, they knew the risk and accepted it.

They should not have been targeted.

Both the UK and US have made similar mistakes, I believe a wedding was once bombed by the US. 

Hamas and PIJ are both well known for using ambulances and aid vehicles to move about unhindered.

Let's not forget the collateral damage done by the allies in eradicating ISIS.

33 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

War is a dirty nasty business, and mistakes are made or choices are made that turn out to be wrong, anyone willingly entering a conflict zone should be aware of the dangers and the possiblity they might die.
My heart goes out to the families, the 3 who died were experienced Veterans, they knew the risk and accepted it.

They should not have been targeted.

/\  This.  It was a mistake, and will be costly to the Israelis because many countries are likely to weaken their support. 

Do remember the attack by Hamas on Israel on October 7th was not a mistake.  It was a deliberate attack aimed at civilians and they still hold hostages.  It was certain to get a massive response from Israel. 

Israel made a mistake resulting in loss of life as part of an ongoing conflict.  Hamas deliberately and calculatedly took lives on purpose to initiate this conflict.

if the business of war covers this we are now in a realm of excuses to blow up cars full of kids local chaps family is still waiting to see an apology nobody can tell me that’s acceptable these lads served this country they deserve more than excuses of war and feet shuffling 

20 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if the business of war covers this we are now in a realm of excuses to blow up cars full of kids local chaps family is still waiting to see an apology nobody can tell me that’s acceptable these lads served this country they deserve more than excuses of war and feet shuffling 

So we pretend there are no terrible awful inevitable unintended casualties of war clouding the issue.

And lets also pretend that ex SBS could not possibly be considered potential current private or otherwise military assets- possibly on the way back from something we are not being told about.

Edited by Dave-G

I thought Israel had apologised. What exactly does anyone expect Israel to do? Forget their people being massacred - a lot more than three? Where were all the critics when this happened?

Were "the lads" serving the UK when they were killed? It's war zone - these things happen.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

I don’t know what you’re expecting. You appear to inhabit a world of black and white with clear cut and defined edges. Lines are blurred. 
It’s a war zone. These aid workers and their support teams deliberately put themselves in a high risk environment; courageous without doubt, but people in war zones get killed, including aid workers, journalists, kids in buses or whatever.

Innocents like kids have been dying in wars for centuries, why you expect this one to be any different seems a bit naive really. 

Edited by Scully
Spelling

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

how is this outrage any form of accident or mistake when their vehicles were clearly targeted ex servicemen deserve a far bigger response than hand wringing from this country 

I don't recall you being so vocal about the 14 British Citizens murdered by Hamas or the 2 who are still held hostage. 

it's generally the Yanks that drop goolies like this.

remember the British troops they "A Tenned" to death in the first gulf war?

think they brushed it off with old "friendly fire" excuse.

it's war and it happens unfortunately.

for some more than others.

Just now, toontastic said:

I don't recall you being so vocal about the 14 British Citizens murdered by Hamas or the 2 who are still held hostage. 

Maybe it’s only an outrage if the victim is not a Jew.

What happened on 7/10 was bound to illicit a response from Isreal, and that response should continue until the threat is eliminated.

The attack on the aid convoy may not be an accident, no aid is reaching the area since the attack on the aid vehicles, could that have been the plan all along?

25 minutes ago, toontastic said:

unlike the gullible I’m not stupid enough to be manipulated into supporting either side in other peoples wars especially as we are wasting millions on Zelenskys while our own people die from want of nhs treatment! 

It IS a war zone, and mistakes do happen, even when you log your route with the IDF, clearly emblazon the aid logo on the roofs of your vehicle ect....

'How many aid workers have been killed in Gaza?

More than 196 aid workers have been killed in Gaza since October, according to the US-funded Aid Worker Security Database, which records major incidents of violence against aid personnel.7 hours ago'
196 'mistakes' so far.
Lets be honest, aid workers helping Gazans with food and medical supplies , are helping Israels enemies, and it matters not where they come from, this is detrimental to Israels aims.
They will be targeted, deliberately or 'accidentally' 
Many aid orgs have already abandoned efforts, as its simply too dangerous to be there, Israel doesnt care, their view is, helping Gaza , helps hamas, and they have the justification to kill as many Gazans as they please, or anyone who helps them.
If you disagree with this , you are obviously 'antisemitic' and support hamas terrorists.
This is the world we live in.

37 minutes ago, Red696 said:

The attack on the aid convoy may not be an accident, no aid is reaching the area since the attack on the aid vehicles, could that have been the plan all along?

have the same thought it was deliberate they certainly read us right when assuming we won’t make a fuss about killing uk citizens! 

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

have the same thought it was deliberate they certainly read us right when assuming we won’t make a fuss about killing uk citizens! 

What kind of ‘fuss’ would you like ‘us’ to make? 

34 minutes ago, clangerman said:

WHAT??????

as if they somehow knew that there were 3 (ex special forces i believe) Britains on board🙄

like i said earlier,the British convoy "depleted Uranium'd" by the A10 was marked up on the roof to show it wasn't Iraqi but it still got mistakenly attacked.

IT HAPPENS IN WAR ZONES

42 minutes ago, clangerman said:

why make a fuss? They went there knowing what they were getting into and the risks that come with it.  If they wanted to give aid they could have helped homeless veterans on the streets of the UK, or volunteered in a foodbank in the UK, or countless other UK based charities.  Oh wait! They were paid ‘security’ advisors not aid workers, that’ll explain why they didn’t do charity work in the UK.

3 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Also in the news today, the Billionaire leaders of Hamas have once again rejected a proposal of aid and a ceasefire in return for freeing hostages.

i my self dont believe all the hostages are alive or they have been abused to the point that it looks real bad for Hamas 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i am far from being an expert but i watch a film on these drones and you can pin point the target with 99% accuracy using the latest software and i think satellites yet the cars hit had the logo on the roof ??

Any missile launched would probably been from an angle/distance that prevented seeing the logo !