This boils my P** Bulgarian gang steal millions of £s from the DWP , Our Tax Money , That money would of helped a lot of people in UK ??

Hello, Anyone see this on Todays news ??, it is bad enough paying millions a day to house illegal boat immigrants , Should we have  more strict controls on who we let in to our country or is it not ours any more ?? Not forgetting the cost to house them in Prison, i would deport them back to Bulgaria and let them rot in prison there, ??

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, islandgun said:

54 million, the question is, how, and what is being done to close this fraud down....l bet it's not the only one

Hello, they have been arrested and awaiting sentence but i wonder just how much of the 54 million will be clawed back and returned to to DWP, Well done to the Police for catching these *******,  Your right I G , there must be more foreign gangs waiting to come here in UK

The UK has a reputation (worldwide) for being very generous with benefits.

By saying generous I include;

• Paying a wide range of applicants - not limited to UK nationals and/or those who have previously contributed
  • Being very receptive to 'assisting' anyone who is 'on the run' from anything they can claim (whether true or made up)
  • Not challenging 'claims' or trying (where possible) to check on any actual 'validity'.

Therefore if someone is prepared to come here, make some claims (true or false) that the would 'suffer' in their country of origin for their beliefs/ethnicity/sexuality etc. they are very likely to be assisted.

Once here and 'on the system', if you are prepared to lie, then there are lots of things you can claim - and make multiple repeated claims for.  The UK system (both benefits and courts/justice) relies a lot on 'truth'.  In the past this has generally worked sort of OK in most cases because the majority in the UK are reasonably truthful - and if they were born here - it is possible to check.   However, some 'incomers' neither have the same culture of truth, nor do we have any easy way of checking on their claims, so they are given the benefit of any doubt. 

We are MUCH too 'easy' in these matters.

Edited by JohnfromUK

There was a program a while back about a Bulgarian small holder. 

Came to England claimed various benefits whilst driving round in a van everyday collecting and selling scrap. 

Then returned home to collect his pregnant wife to have the baby here followed by further claims for child benefits. 

Has now returned home with over £40000 and bought more land and still receives various benefits. 

44 minutes ago, mellors said:

There was a program a while back about a Bulgarian small holder. 

Came to England claimed various benefits whilst driving round in a van everyday collecting and selling scrap. 

Then returned home to collect his pregnant wife to have the baby here followed by further claims for child benefits. 

Has now returned home with over £40000 and bought more land and still receives various benefits. 

Hello, i missed that but thanks for posting

1 hour ago, Rem260 said:

Suspecting he was fraudulent in some way, you still sold it to him.

I'd asked other interested parties to wait till he'd been and it was late. He'd travelled about 200 miles for it - guess I should have refused the sale eh?

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, they have been arrested and awaiting sentence but i wonder just how much of the 54 million will be clawed back and returned to to DWP, Well done to the Police for catching these *******,  Your right I G , there must be more foreign gangs waiting to come here in UK

Foreign or home grown, the fact remains theres some serious flaws in the benefit system that allows 5 people steal 10 mil each, how many others are doing the same as we speak  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Foreign or home grown, the fact remains theres some serious flaws in the benefit system that allows 5 people steal 10 mil each, how many others are doing the same as we speak  

Hello, Your right there IG, yet if your honest with the DWP it can get you no where if you need claim any benefits , 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 minutes ago, islandgun said:

the fact remains theres some serious flaws in the benefit system that allows 5 people steal 10 mil each

One certain 'high risk' thing is that for many (most non UK citizens) you are reliant on their word and that word being the truth.  With UK citizens most claims details can be checked (if there is a will to do so, which there usually isn't).  Being truthful is not a priority for many these days.  Even among our MPs we have a depressingly long list;

• Jared O'Mara - fraud
  • Eric Illsley - expenses fraud
  • Elliot Moreley (formerly a minister) - expenses fraud
  • Chris Huhne (formerly a minister) - perverting the course of justice
  • Jim Devine - expenses fraud
  • David Chaytor - false accounting
  • Denis McShane - expenses fraud
  • Fiona Onasanya - lying on oath

and all of those were convicted in court.  A wonderful example to Joe Public from their elected representatives.  Is it any wonder people have little respect?

For many 'asylum seekers' and similar - it often isn't even possible to be certain who they are and where they have come from.  They have no documentation (apparently often taken and destroyed by smugglers) and you are reliant on what they say - which may in fact have been 'coached into them'.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'd asked other interested parties to wait till he'd been and it was late. He'd travelled about 200 miles for it - guess I should have refused the sale eh?

Yes. I doubt you would have sold a shotgun to someone with a suspected fraudulent shotgun certificate. 

Edited by Rem260

This is probably the tip of the iceberg and the reason so many are desperate to come here, get free everything.

If you apply for PIP there's even a number for "calling from abroad" so presumably you can fiddle the system without leaving the comfort of your own country.

1 minute ago, Rem260 said:

Yes. I doubt you would have sold a shotgun to someone with a fraudulent shotgun certificate. 

had a quick scan of this thread and it has disappointed me.  come on guys you are slipping, not one mention of it being Labours fault.

But on a serious note.  How the F have they been able to pull this off, I’m having to jump through numerous hoops just to get an assessment for PIP

3 minutes ago, Red696 said:

How the F have they been able to pull this off, I’m having to jump through numerous hoops just to get an assessment for PIP

I imagine there will be various reasons, but two possibles that spring to mind (and I am guessing) would be;

1. You will presumably have a UK profile (i.e. Nat Ins no, Nat Health no, various tax/NI records, possibly property ownership records, credit records, tennancy agreements etc.) that they can (and quite reasonably should) check.  That takes time and data.
  2. You are honest, try to help and give true answers rather than just saying 'standard' answers, or pretending you don't speak English(!).

7 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

If you apply for PIP there's even a number for "calling from abroad" so presumably you can fiddle the system without leaving the comfort of your own country.

You really cant make this up, On the plus side it takes away the need to house anyone, deal with their boats, or fly them  to Rwanda..😏

The claim that £54million is the largest fraud ever made me laugh. 15 years ago the figure was 5 times that amount, although this one went to court. The list of previous "largest frauds" was even more laughable. Previously, large scale fraud was merely covered up or ignored.

DWP and HMRC have a solid history of ignoring large scale fraud and coming out with the usual tripe about "lessons have been learned" and "loop holes have been closed". 

The UK squanders taxpayers millions / billions on allowing this level of fraud and overseas aid.

PS - I doff my cap to the team who investigated and pursued this case, as I am sure many, many obstacles were put in their way.

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Anyone see this on Todays news ??, it is bad enough paying millions a day to house illegal boat immigrants , Should we have  more strict controls on who we let in to our country or is it not ours any more ?? Not forgetting the cost to house them in Prison, i would deport them back to Bulgaria and let them rot in prison there, ??

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

No good boiling the water, far too late for meaningful changes. 

When the upper echelons give more worth to all others than the contributors, sadly it's all over?

1 hour ago, Rem260 said:

Yes. I doubt you would have sold a shotgun to someone with a suspected fraudulent shotgun certificate. 

Correct, I'd have checked his ticket for the vacant slot.

There were two of them, very large and I wasn't well enough to demand why the buyer didn't know how to spell the name on the licence, its not my job to check driving licence details.

2 hours ago, Rem260 said:

I find it interesting your outrage is with Dave g rather than potential fraudsters, your silence on the issue on this thread says alot.

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Yes. Stand up and be counted.