Rich list, asylum seeker housing

islandgun

13 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Thought this was telling https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/may/17/british-asylum-housing-tycoon-breaks-into-sunday-times-rich-list also Euan Blair, £ 1.4 bn has outstripped his dads paltry worth of £47 million, its an ill wind that doesn't benefit someone

Fancy that, ah, who'd have thunk it??

Government pays him 3.5 million a day how much are these asylum seeker’s really costing this country a day to keep? Don’t bear thinking about millions that could be far better spent elsewhere that’s for sure!

it has been reported in Ireland (i think)....the contractors who are building a big houseing thingy found out it was for asylum seekers and they promptly downed tools and walked off the job..:lol:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

it has been reported in Ireland (i think)....the contractors who are building a big houseing thingy found out it was for asylum seekers and they promptly downed tools and walked off the job..

Why don't the U K get the dentist crisis sorted first  , even the asylum seekers will want there teeth sorted out as well as us poor ole brits , I am up to the stage where even chewing on a Banana take some doing 😁

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

it has been reported in Ireland (i think)....the contractors who are building a big houseing thingy found out it was for asylum seekers and they promptly downed tools and walked off the job..

Top blokes

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Why don't the U K get the dentist crisis sorted first  , even the asylum seekers will want there teeth sorted out as well as us poor ole brits , I am up to the stage where even chewing on a Banana take some doing 😁

i know excactly how you feel...😭

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

And this is what ****** me off. All these do gooders welcoming illegal immigrants won't be the ones who can't afford basic necessitys, probably have private health care, live in areas where the increased crime rates won't affect them. Every illegal they welcome here has real world effects for the average UK citizen, from unaffordable housing, all the way to women being raped.

Netherlands announced it wants to stop asylum seekers coming to their country and guess what the Commission said no and everyone in the EU must follow the rules on asylum  Interesting times ahead

Surely our Civil Servant must know the daily cost of keeping these people in luxury compared to some of our own who have worked on low pensions and unable to claim anything This cannot go on the country will go bust and then what?

9 hours ago, islandgun said:

Euan Blair, £ 1.4 bn has outstripped his dads paltry worth of £47 million, its an ill wind that doesn't benefit someone

So….. since Blair the younger set this company up with one of his friends, it has just recorded its 7th straight year of losses leading to redundancies.

Some US company described it as a Unicorn company worth £1.4 billion.

His share is worth some £400+ million for a company that makes year on year losses.

AND her gets an MBE for services to Education 🧐

And the little oik is 39 years old, when did that happen 🤦🏻‍♂️

:shaun:

12 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

So….. since Blair the younger set this company up with one of his friends, it has just recorded its 7th straight year of losses leading to redundancies.

His share is worth some £400+ million for a company that makes year on year losses.

:shaun:

I imagine the company is very profitable until the end of the year when they have to repay some sort of “loan” or “rent” to a company also owned by themselves, based on an island somewhere that’s a tax haven. 

The big company declares a loss. The off shore company another record profit and pays an insignificant amount of tax to that haven. 

All above board chap, nothing to see here, move along and say nothing! 👀

12 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Daddy fixed it :big_boss::mad:

44 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I imagine the company is very profitable until the end of the year when they have to repay some sort of “loan” or “rent” to a company also owned by themselves, based on an island somewhere that’s a tax haven. 

The big company declares a loss. The off shore company another record profit and pays an insignificant amount of tax to that haven. 

All above board chap, nothing to see here, move along and say nothing! 👀

Some acumen has rubbed off, his dad has gone from a politicians wage to having 47 mil, guessing they have invested wisely 😇

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, What a Legacy to leave our young people in the UK, 🤔 There be opening Food Banks in schools soon when there is no money left in the Governments ( Our ) Bank

And our children( white British), grandchildren, great grandchildren depending on your ages will most likely be the minority and treated like 2nd class citizens in their own country . ******* joke!

If it costs this much here what is the cost to all other European countries no wonder they send them here.This is leading to dissent in many countries so why do the leaders keep filling the pot with persons that do not want our way of life but our health and accomodation but at great cost to the paying nation

On 17/05/2024 at 16:27, mossy835 said:

in stead of paying money for them we should get our house in order,in stead of people going to food banks,

The problem maybe is the fact that our sad self seeking politicians are still trying to portray a position to the world that this country is major league?

The reality that escapes them is that we are seen worldwide now as a very weak easy touch, treated with derision by some.

I sometimes wonder how previous generations who often gave their all would feel about where we have sunk to today?