THE RESULTS !!!

ditchman

Well there you go folks...................whilst the Prime Minister is away in the EU crawling up the fundermant of the EU.......the Deputy Prime Minister....(The red queen) will have control of the nuclear subs and the amergaddon button

"cry havoc....let loose the dogs of chaos..."...................

Mandelson will no doubt be advising behind the scenes...........

jeesus christ..........i am beyond printable words.........

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the polls are correct you have to respect the work that Starmer has done to transform Labour. At the same time despair at the mess that the Tories have made of the last 14 years that put him there. 

Let's hope he can deliver. 

that is a big vote for reform in a Labour safe seat..........the IPSOS pollers were NOT AT EVERY POLLING STATION.......if these Reform figurers pan out for not so safe seats that the pollsters havnt covered........Reform might be doing better than the IPSOS pollesters have indicated

im very enthused at the number of reform votes in Bridget Philipsons domain.............

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that is a big vote for reform in a Labour safe seat..........the IPSOS pollers were NOT AT EVERY POLLING STATION.......if these Reform figurers pan out for not so safe seats that the pollsters havnt covered........Reform might be doing better than the IPSOS pollesters have indicated

im very enthused at the number of reform votes in Bridget Philipsons domain.............

Similar results in the second seat that’s been called as well. 

It doesn’t translate to seats but they are leagues ahead of the cons vote wise.

you have to respect the work that Starmer has done to transform Labour.

oowee - this made me smile. Sadly, Labour still harbours anti-semites and what I would describe as tenth rate MPs such as Rayner, Ashworth, Lammy. Whilst I acknowledge he has made some progress, I still think he isn't in full control, but the unions are.

The public will now get what they voted for.

20 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Similar results in the second seat that’s been called as well. 

It doesn’t translate to seats but they are leagues ahead of the cons vote wise.

The second seat is my area 😢

To be fair Liebour could have put a donkey up and it would have won.

If you ask anyone round here why they vote Liebour they will say because Maggie Thatcher closed the pits 🤦🏻‍♂️

:shaun:

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

oowee - this made me smile. Sadly, Labour still harbours anti-semites and what I would describe as tenth rate MPs such as Rayner, Ashworth, Lammy. Whilst I acknowledge he has made some progress, I still think he isn't in full control, but the unions are.

You regularly speak up about anti-semites in Labour but rarely, if ever, seem to balance that with reference to Islamophobia  in other parties.

It’s difficult to ascertain if this apparent bias is predominantly politically or religiously motivated.

Not an unexpected win for Labour

Appreciate the disdain for the Tories but the Labour swing isn’t totally accurate when u look at the figures as they stand as of this min. 
Labour 9,021,106 votes - share +1.5

Lib Dem 3,094,754 - share +0.5

Conservatives 6,023,035 - share -19.6

Reform 3,732,531 - share +12.1

So to see Rayner etc gloating and lauding Kiers magnificent turn around, is like many things in Politics, a stretch of the truth. When it really was the Tories own fault for carrying on as they were and handing votes to Reform and the other parties. 

Oh well, didn’t wish to retire or inherit anyways, yet alone carry on shooting! 

4 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Not an unexpected win for Labour

Appreciate the disdain for the Tories but the Labour swing isn’t totally accurate when u look at the figures as they stand as of this min. 
Labour 9,021,106 votes - share +1.5

Lib Dem 3,094,754 - share +0.5

Conservatives 6,023,035 - share -19.6

Reform 3,732,531 - share +12.1

So to see Rayner etc gloating and lauding Kiers magnificent turn around, is like many things in Politics, a stretch of the truth. When it really was the Tories own fault for carrying on as they were and handing votes to Reform and the other parties. 

Oh well, didn’t wish to retire or inherit anyways, yet alone carry on shooting! 

I can't disagree with any of that.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The main contribution of the Reform votes so far seems to be strengthening the Labour majority, bit of an own goal for our shooting fraternity.

Not at all. Drastic change takes time, no one was deluding themselves that reform would win. However for a start up party, they really have won, my prediction, if the Cons don't do something really drastic to change, watch reform grow. 

There's no excitement for Labour, they've simply gained from the vacuum the Conservatives have left. 

Anyway, well done to Labour, it's time for us all to get behind them for the sake of the UK, I sincerely hope they make some positive changes to our country, it's desperately needed, but I've got to add, I have serious reservations. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Anyway, well done to Labour, it's time for us all to get behind them for the sake of the UK, I sincerely hope they make some positive changes to our country, it's desperately needed, but I've got to add, I have serious reservations.

Indeed, but there is likely to be a lot that I cannot 'get behind' ........

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not at all. Drastic change takes time, no one was deluding themselves that reform would win. However for a start up party, they really have won, my prediction, if the Cons don't do something really drastic to change, watch reform grow. 

There's no excitement for Labour, they've simply gained from the vacuum the Conservatives have left. 

But Farage is saying he’s coming for Labour.

And I’d counter that drastic in political terms is a large step change, it gets diluted over time.

So you don’t think Reform votes have been to the benefit of Labour and to the detriment of Conservatives and our shooting fraternity. 

13 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Reform got more votes than the Lib Dems yet only get 4 seats compared to LD 68 - how can this be in a democratic society?

It’s democratic and how it is with the current political constitution. The rules haven’t changed recently, arguing they should be different after the event is a bit wonky, surely. 
I’d at least be charitable enough of reform voters to assume that they were aware of this when they placed their X on their ballot paper.

Reform do appear to be a somewhat pointy shouty minority in the current landscape.

18 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Me too unfortunately 

21 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Which is a shame since they are now in power. The way I see it give them a chance and punish them at the polls if they don't deliver. 

7 hours ago, Gordon R said:

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The main contribution of the Reform votes so far seems to be strengthening the Labour majority, bit of an own goal for our shooting fraternity.

The public certainly will,  I've just seen on the news Lizz truss area, Labour won by 600 seats, call it 11,600 Labour,  11,000 Cons and 9000 Reform,  Labour will have won because unhappy voters have voted Reform, its not a surprise. 

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

But Farage is saying he’s coming for Labour.

And I’d counter that drastic in political terms is a large step change, it gets diluted over time.

So you don’t think Reform votes have been to the benefit of Labour and to the detriment of Conservatives and our shooting fraternity. 

Farage/Reform looks set to be the new opposition, the only reason that's happened is because the Conservatives have moved to close to Labour in policy, they're virtually a uni party. 

The Conservatives were finished at this election with or without reforms help, the only ones to blame for that are the Conservatives. 

The stat that struck me was Starmer has won on 10m votes and Corbyn lost (big) on 12m votes

Low turn out and voter apathy - who can blame anyone for not voting.

Do we have the best on offer for the country to vote for? 😆

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Farage/Reform looks set to be the new opposition, the only reason that's happened is because the Conservatives have moved to close to Labour in policy, they're virtually a uni party. 

The Conservatives were finished at this election with or without reforms help, the only ones to blame for that are the Conservatives. 

From the figures quoted, it would seem that may not have been the case had Reform not been in existence, unless all of those who voted Reform, abstained

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Agreed.

The writing was on the wall for some considerable time. Nothing changed and everyone had enough.

I really do wonder who control the Tory party? 

Just now, Jaymo said:

From the figures quoted, it would seem that may not have been the case had Reform not been in existence, unless all of those who voted Reform, abstained

I think the majority of reform voters would not vote a Con after their betrayal after the last 14 years. I'd look at it the other way around, it's thanks to Conservative votes that Labour have taken the share from reform, which is now the true Conservative Party. 

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Agreed.

The writing was on the wall for some considerable time. Nothing changed and everyone had enough.

I really do wonder who control the Tory party? 

👍