Who is fired up. Olympics

ditchman

cant say i am......in the past years and the increasing drug use...i always wonder when they are on the rosterum "who a druggie"

anyone care to hazard a guess who is screwing up the railways ..setting fire to track control boxes...

1. Alkieeda
  2. Just stop oil
  3. PETA
  4. BLM
  5. Norfolk liberation front
  6. Asda Bin-liner
  7. kwis packham
Edited by ditchman

I was motivated to go watch the surfing in French Tahiti.

Was offered various tickets by colleagues and partners but they all involved going to Paris, bad enough when I HAVE to do that for work. That said, I must admit I do harbour some small regret for not taking the women’s volleyball tickets offered.

I hope there will be no pointless demonstrations. They achieve nothing.

Not as keen to see the Olympics as I was many years ago. Highlights over the decades are:-

Bob Braithwaite - Trap Shooting Gold Mexico

Richard Fosbury - High Jump Mexico Olympics - obviously nothing like it had been seen before.

Dave Wottle - 800m Munich - never seen a better race. He was absolute last at the bell.

Charlie Greene - 100m Mexico  - injured in the final and only got bronze. Up to that point, his rivalry with Jim Hines was brilliant. He looked super cool running in shades.

Chris Finnegan - Middleweight Boxing Mexico.

Mary Peters - Pentathlon Munich.

Jason Kenny, Laura Trott and Chris Hoy - Cycling.

Steve Redgrave - Rowing.

Edited by Gordon R

Multibillion euro glorified school sports day for the thick kids who sat at the back of the class.

I just can’t take athletics in general, and track & field in particular, seriously. Do they do Olympics for French vocab too? Medals for woodwork?

It’s almost, but not quite, as unbearable as football.

Still, chacun à son goût and all that.

31 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Multibillion euro glorified school sports day for the thick kids who sat at the back of the class.

I just can’t take athletics in general, and track & field in particular, seriously. Do they do Olympics for French vocab too? Medals for woodwork?

It’s almost, but not quite, as unbearable as football.

Still, chacun à son goût and all that.

I totally agree.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ive been abused on the other olympic thread............im not popular....they told me to go away.........just because i told them the opening high jinks were ...woke....luvvy.....gobdribble ...nonsence

It's OK Ditchy, you can be in our gang.

well that was totally underwelming.........must have been on a budget...........i thought celine dion sang well ...i dont like her or streisend....just grates on my nerves.......

thought she was Canadian.....not french.........

i can see that fire ballon coming to grief.....its burning for 2 weeks......when it catches fire it will proberly take a couple of catherdrals with it,,,