distance to permissions

jonboy1

I have two permissions that start on the boundary of my garden, so we are talking inches. :innocent:

The furthest is about 10 miles, although I still have some of my old permissions that are about 50 miles away.

Although I don't visit them much now, I will always have permission there as long as the farmer is alive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two permissions that start on the boundary of my garden, so we are talking inches. ;)

The furthest is about 10 miles, although I still have some of my old permissions that are about 50 miles away.

Although I don't visit them much now, I will always have permission there as long as the farmer is alive.

Maybe you can get me on one of those you don't visit often cranners ;):innocent:

I rent a house from a farmer friend, fox and vermin can be shot. First fox I shot on here was in daylight out the bedroom window. If someone gave me a house for free, I wouldn't move from here. Also very handy for testing homeloads just outside the back door.

Andy

• 1 month later...

about 50 paces :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :no:

Just moved house and there is a large country house with bundles of land that abuts my rear fence. Just got permission for the whole estate (how chuffed) as the owners have big issues with pigeon, bunnies etc etc.

Gone are the days of a lengthy drive to shoot now I just hop over the fence straight into the wood. Gunna be handy as Mrs is pregnant with 3rd one so might even see how far the baby monitor will work over?:(

Gunna talk to owners of estate about putting small gate in my back fence as having to climb a 4 foot fence can be a bind (****)

Now thats me 12 guage but if we are talking air guns well I suppose its technically zero as (oddly enough) my new shed windows are against the rear fence and have been modded to slide down - how sweet is that.

Edited by Dirtboy

mine is 11.81 miles each way hoping to change this soon and get knocking again all the local farms i did try a few years back and got told the normal answer but i think its time to try again also living on the out skirts of a big town dont help

anyone with some land they dont have time for you are welcome to chuck it my way references can be supplied

(i can dream lol )

i'm quite lucky with mine, the nearest is about 3/4of a mile as the crow or about 11/2 by road 350 acres, i can watch birds flighting that way from the garden, the furthest permission by road is about 3 miles to the nearest edge and about 7 miles to the far end 3000 acres, i have another permision between the two about 2 miles to the nearest end and about 5 to the far end 1750 acres,

mikee

70 mile round trip for me which I can only get to once a fortnight but it's got to be done if I want to shoot. :blink:

You guy's with the permissions on your doorstep are so lucky so take care of them.

My house is only 100yds from a farm and I have known the farmer all my life but he won't allow any shooting because it upsets all the horse people that use his fields. Its so frustrating as my back garden backs onto one of his fields and the trees on the edge of that field are usually full of pigeons. :rolleyes: