Cat topic with regard to dogs

henry d

I have never, and it is a dodgy subject on it`s own, owned a cat, however any time I have been in a house that has cats, they never do the dog/human thing of sleeping and REM/dreaming movement, they just sleep.

Or do they ?

My premise is they are satan`s animals and humans/dogs are the chosen ones !

Discus

My sister is/was a mad cat woman (Baldrick please note - this is the correct terminology) and I tell ya, it's not something anyone should ever have to experience... EVER!

She had 14 cats in her flat when she lived in Hastings. Totally, totally mad. And they all had names. Not being satisfied with just the normal names, she would cat-ify there names too. For example, she had one called Frankie which is fine. But she would refer to him as Mr Frankles :good:

She also knew which was which and who was mum to which.

Not a pleasant experience. It took me years to come to terms with it, and a lot of counselling. It's ok now, I can talk about it without breaking down.

On a slightly different subject, the other half wanted to see Cats the musical before it finished it's run last year. Reluctantly I agreed to take her. It was just what I thought The Lion King was going to be like - A bunch of bloody homo's jumping arond the stage in leotards (as it happens, I did enjoy the lion king as it was nothing like I thought it was going to be).

But they are definately the devils spawn. Once they're in your system, you'll never get them out :look:

As I have said in an earlier post, 'er indoors breeds and sells them, I don't care about the money I hate them and 'er indoors,

who in their right mind would spend in excess of £200 for a cat??

Imagine the amount of ammo, bait or kit that could buy, what a waste,

and yes cat women are totaly irational, nuerotic, nutters, this is why I try and spend all my spare time shooting or fishing, anything to get me out and away from her and the cats.

We have always owned "outdoor" cats of no particular breed and they are a pleasure to have around.

As we fortunately have lived our lives in rural semi isolation, the "upsetting the neighbours" issue has never arisen.

All of our cats have been reasonable hunters and seem to prefer the furry prey (of which there is plenty), as opposed to the feathered kind.

Their independant nature is one of their attractive qualities, but when they lay down in front of the fire with the hound, they definitely also have an "Aaaaaaah" factor.

Each to their own.

I don't understand the attraction of keeping fish, aviary birds, or reptiles as pets, but good luck to anyone that does.

I find the correlation of how neurotic a woman is is directly proportionate to the amount of cats she owns. Devils critters is right, and ungrateful ones at that, wouldn' give em floor space

my ex had close to 18 cats when i left :)

ive always had cats and dogs, no cats at present though will be getting one very soon (theres a cattle market and a warehouse within 100m of my house, spent all afternoon putting down rat traps :( )

Only plus side I can think of my cat is the screams and squeals she produces from my brother when she attacks him in the middle of the night while walking to the toilet stark naked.

FM :(

The cat walks to the toilet naked?:)?? And stark at that. And how do you know? You've been hanging round Emo too long

bought up round cats and dogs together

when i was in the early years of marriage Cole fire in the kitchen, cosy

we had a kitten adopt us rubbed round legs become pals with my rabbiting dog

so i said to the misses if they take we will keep the kitten

me dog lass used to sleep in the chair next to the fire

the kitten jumped on the chair and refused to let lass up, spitting and hissing

said kitten was grabbed by the scruff of the neck and launched over the next doors fence :)

We have 2 old cats, last year one was on its last legs, so a "mate" told my wife she could have a kitten, we ended up with two, then the old one got better :)

anyway I get no grief for having 4 dogs :(

and they all get along fine until they all want to be in front of the fire.

my ex had close to 18 cats when i left :)

ive always had cats and dogs, no cats at present though will be getting one very soon (theres a cattle market and a warehouse within 100m of my house, spent all afternoon putting down rat traps :( )

I knew it cats are the preserve of fudge packers, especially Irish ones

Only plus side I can think of my cat is the screams and squeals she produces from my brother when she attacks him in the middle of the night while walking to the toilet stark naked.

FM :lol:

Tell him to put the mouse back in the house :good: