Pleased with weight loss

Cosd

Having got to an uncomfortable 16 stone 4 and 38" trousers being tight on me just over a year ago, I thought enough is enough. I didn't feel good about myself, and hated dressing up to go anywhere.

My wife and daughters are all into their fitness, so I always ate healthy meals; My problem was pigging out on crisps, nuts and anything salty.

I took a conscious decision and sorted out my diet and also started doing a fitness routine called Insanity. I now eat a healthy 2700 calorie diet over 5 meals a day. My body shape has gone from round and "blobby" shaped to "V" shaped and muscular; My waist has gone down to a loose 34" and weigh just under 14 stone.

Anyone tried doing the Insanity workout?

I completed the 60 day challenge and instead of doing it 6 days a week, I now do it 3/4 times a week to maintain my fitness and I play football once a week.

Cosd that is impressive. Chocolate is my downfall.

rimfire, I plan to put weight on before I go on holiday in an attempt to reduce my attractiveness to the opposite sex as I am a very happily married man.

That is very good of you, your generosity knows no limit. I on the other hand am butt ugly but happily married.

Great work fella and the benefits are immeasurable.

Insanity looks a good gig and pretty high intensity with some glowing results by all accounts.

Have lost 2ish stones since starting the weights and still wanting that extra stone gone so have started running again although thats a thought after a days work esp with this weather.

I thought all exercise was insanity :lol:

I need to lose some weight but I am having difficulty in finding a diet that allows cake , biscuits and chocolate , when I do I will transform myself.

Do you know I was thinking exactly the same as you, as the op I am up to 16 stone and really need to loose some weight, let me know when you find that ideal diet fenboy please. :good:

I've just had my induction at the local gym and taken to doing a little cycling in between,

Hell, I've even borrowed a work colleagues dog this AM and been out yomping around a local country park for 2 and half hours,

So far, all I've lost is feeling and movement, Apparently, feeling this sore and knackered, sweaty and breathless is really good for me and healthy, I must try and remember that in oxygen deprived asthmatic state when my heart is pounding out of my chest,

OR,

could just take the spring closers off the gym doors, and stop the warm, sweaty, glistening, skin tight, camel toed,Lycra clad ladies bending this way and that performing in the glass walked studio next door to the gym.

Hmmmm I might just be able to keep going a little longer to see if it's always as bad ;)

I've lost 11kg in one month being in hospital. Just eating 3 meals a day and drinking just water.

My medication means I'm banned from sugar and fizzy drinks so I know I can't eat them and will be very ill if I do.

I plan to try and loose another 25kg over a 12 month period.

Thats the way to do it for sure.More motivation to keep going when you can view the results.

When i started Mac took pics and i wrote profanities on the blown up pics and placed in the fridge and one in most rooms and then took every month and after three months and over 2 stones the difference was great.

I've lost 11kg in one month being in hospital. Just eating 3 meals a day and drinking just water.

My medication means I'm banned from sugar and fizzy drinks so I know I can't eat them and will be very ill if I do.

I plan to try and loose another 25kg over a 12 month period.

I have been reading ...... the 8 week blood sugar diet by ... Dr Michael Mosley. Makes a lot of sense, going to give it a try.

Insanity workouts were banned on some offshore platforms due to to many strains and sprains and people being unable to work. I know there are different types of insanity workout but these lads were nuts. I was in the gym on the rowing machine for about forty mins and they kept coming in and out and getting stuff. The state of them after was a sight, for fit lads they were knackered.