Safety equipment in cars.

MPT1

Further to the discussion on carrying a knife etc in your car, the reason mostly given is " I might need to cut a seat belt"

How many of us carry fire extinguishers, first aid kits, blankets or warning signs?

I've got a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher. Not a bad buy for £8.99 off eBay, I'm sure you'll agree.

Oh and I have the knives :hmm:

Fire extinguisher, blanket, first aid kit, warning triangle, large torch, 4 flourescent/reflective tabards and a spare bulb kit. If you read the requirements for driving across to France (and you're rich enough to buy some Euro's) legally you have to have most of these on board, so I just leave them in a cubby hole in the back of the car

PS having just re-read my own post.... Bizarre that the exact circumstances in which I leave all that stuff in the back of my 4WD, on a just in case basis, if a penknife were included amongst it, it would leave me in the mire !!!

Edited by Gobfish

I have two first aid kits (one for humans and one for animals) and a fire extinguisher, There is normally a knife or two in there but seeing as they are opinels I probably couldn't find one when I actually needed it.

I also have a towing strop and shackles, gloves, torch etc.

Edited by MC

In my car i have: Tow rope, 4 x hi viz from poundland, Jump Leads, warning triangle, simple tool kit, large fire extinguisher and my medical bag is always in the car as I am quallified to crew an ambulance i have a good setup ! :hmm: The mrs car has hiviz`s, warning triangle and fire exinguisher ! :blink:

Edited by salop sniper

Tow rope, hazard triangle, small first aid kit, usual tools, small extinguisher and a mobile phone.

I am not qualified to do much in the safety/first aid area, apart from apply commonsense.

I think its as important to get someone there much more qualified than me.

However, if Kent Militia is passing I would let him cut up all the seat belts. :hmm:

fire extinguisher, safety cutter for seatbelts, a good toolkit, tow rope, firstaid pack, eye wash station, small hammer in the cab for breaking glass, and a sink in the back with a water heater for washing your dandies.

I also keep a few pharmaceuticals in there too, anti sickness pills, ranatidine, codeine, and bug spray.

Edited by GRAM71

Hi viz jacket and saftey boots.

Hardhat with earprotecion and vizor.

complete tool box

Saw tool box

Saw

Towing Chains

Winch

Rachet straps

Knife

Petroil/saw bar lube

Machete

Warning signs

RAC membership

Fire extinguisher

Large chainsaw firstaid kit and trained first aider(me)

Bout it i think

i only ever carry the essentials....stanley knife.....electric ties.....gaffer tape.......black bags.........6x'd' cell maglite......kevlar gloves.... oh and aa breakdown card

Essential for what, kidnapping someone in the night? :lol: :o

Edited by -oXo-