4X4 MPG

pavman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300TDI 96 Disco. (Not standard)

27mpg.

Only used as a shooting vehicle, lanes , B roads , A roads, light towing and off road.

You should also need to consider anything you've done in the way of modifications and stuff you've bolted on.(Big alloys/tyres, nudge bars, side steps, roll bars, lights and lamps etc = extra weight)

Cheers

If your not sure what you getting, use one of these ............

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

15mpg average according to the onboard computer. More like 12 very Luxurious and comfortable mpg. :yes:

After several tank full of gas equates to approx same as 22mpg if i was paying for Petrol.

2000 Grande Cherokee V8,

Darren

I think you will find the onboard computer is in US gallons ... I get about 18 MPG (Imperial gallons) out of my 2000 4.7 V8 Grande Cherokee.. :rolleyes:

last week i got 145 miles out of £25 quid , at 1.18 per litre in my trooper 3.0l LWB

some one work that out for me , i cant be :rolleyes:

25 quid/1.18 = 21.19l

21.19l = 4.66gal

145miles/4.66gal = 31.13mpg

A levels, good for something :yes:

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

Sniff! That was "O" level maths btw ( back when i were a lad)

Steyr Daimler Puch, Automatic 2.9 turbo diesel Van ( its a "G"Wagen)

24.?? tank in tank out, brimmed & rebrimmed over a few thousand miles, and all logged & calculated

regardless of driving style or type, ie local tootling , flogging down the Motorway with a trailer etc etc

Made NO difference

All 24.?? mpg, never 23. or 25.

Ps

Re the trip computer thinngy our other car has one , when new about 3%optimistic, now about 5% ( at 218,000 miles)

Cross referenced against Odometer milage checked against Motorway marker posts, tank brimmed & rebrimmed over a few thou miles, so its only "variable" is the the quantity dispensed at the pump , and statistically this is probably fractionally low against the readout, commerce being what it is.

Edited by dieseldogg

wow really :lol: , thats pretty good , i had been driving a little more economicaly i must admit , usually i think its nearer 25mpg :lol:

shot shot -- this week i got 135 miles out of £25 at 1.17 per litre , can you work that out for us , pleasssse :good:

Edited by darren m

• 3 weeks later...
I get 30 to a gallon out of my 2 1/4 petrol series impressive

oh sorry its 30 kilometers so about 18 miles

:good: :good:

My 2 n a quarter used about 10 litres in 4 or 5 miles round the farm. Expensive way to get around!

If I knew how many litres in a gallon...

4.54l to the gallon

Last tank my L200 did 445 miles to 59 litres so a pretty impressive 34mpg, however anyone know whether there is any sensor relating to temperature that might cause it to drop below 30 just in cold weather, its a fair difference though most of my diesels have done the same so interested if everyone finds this

• 2 weeks later...
LR Series III lightweight, 16 - 20 MPG. But smiles per mile, uncountable!

Smiles per mile for sure. I just love driving my old Landy. I get 24mpg from my Series IIA with petrol and 23mpg on gas. I only use the petrol in winter to start it, as she just will not start on gas. Summer she's fine. With the gas at less than half the price of petrol, you could say that I am getting 46 to the gallon price wise.

I do drive normally though and do not exceed 50mph, mainly because my fillings start to work loose and I don't hear much for a while when I get out if I do.

I never get held up in traffic this way either, though often notice a long que behind me for some reason. I think maybe they are slowing down to look at her as she is a beaut.

My boy's love going out in her at the moment, as they always do in summer, with the canvas off and the screen folded flat onto the bonnet. This doesn't necessarily improve the mpg with the streamlining, but it does make you wonder where all the thunder flies and other airborne monsters come from, and why do Wasps fly sting first and not head first?