JonD

Would you order from them again?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion

• Maybe after a few months
    • Yes
    • No

Hi All,

Interested to get views here, a take away that I use once or twice a month were shut down last week due to an infestation of (well established) cockroaches, I know the owners well after saving the business when they took it over by sorting out their computer systems.

Food had been good for the 6 years but have been rough a couple of times after eating their food recently.

It's a Chinese if that makes any difference.

Jon.

Edited by JonD

Hi All,

Interested to get views here, a take away that I use once or twice a month were shut down last week due to an infestation of (well established) cockroaches, I know the owners well after saving the business when they took it over by sorting out their computer systems.

Food had been good for the 6 years but have been rough a couple of times after eating their food recently.

Jon.

Odds are it's German Cockroach, but regardless, if they want to continue in business give them my details and I can have their problem solved quickly!!

PM or ring if you want a chat! :D

Hi All,

Jon.

[/quote

most restaurants who tow the line,pay monthly for pest control contractors to make sure this never happens,if you find any pest evidence theese guys sort it,any eho worth their salt will also check you are using a contractor at you routine inspection so if it has got so bad the eho has slaped a closure order they should be shut until the problem is sorted,if the restaurant is cutting corners or are not understanding the law ,chances are they will have no cleaning schedules and makes you then think they are not turning food over so resulting in poor quality,its all basic hygiene law to which everyperson working in the food industry are recomended to hold a basic cert

I never, ever eat at Chinese or other oriental type restaurants or chippies run by any Chinese as (IMHO) they're mostly dirty ******* with little regard for health or hygiene of the punters. NONE of my local Chinese or other oriental restaurants have a very good record on hygiene. But if you can't resist a bit of out of date chicken soaked in two day old sweet and sour and covered in MSG fill yer boots (and most likely your pan the very next day).

If it doesn't make you sick or unwell it's best not to worry too much about it :hmm:

Even Heston's restaurant has had its wrists slapped >here<

A health report last month concluded that oysters tainted with sewage and poor staff hygiene led to guests falling ill after eating at the restaurant in Bray, Berks

There's a kebab shop near us (and very near Shenfield station) that's been shut down at least 3 times and now, alas, is perma closed. The health inspector's report didn't make good reading, but I was never unwell and boy did it taste nice :hmm:

Incidentally, the way they tried to get round the bad rep of the health inspector's report was to change the layout so that all the cooking / kitchen area was right before the customer's eyes i.e. they brought all the grills out front.

Edited by Mungler

If it doesn't make you sick or unwell it's best not to worry too much about it :hmm:

Even Heston's restaurant has had its wrists slapped >here<

There's a kebab shop near us (and very near Shenfield station) that's been shut down at least 3 times and now, alas, is perma closed. The health inspector's report didn't make good reading, but I was never unwell and boy did it taste nice :hmm:

Incidentally, the way they tried to get round the bad rep of the health inspector's report was to change the layout so that all the cooking / kitchen area was right before the customer's eyes i.e. they brought all the grills out front.

Good old Colchester creek oysters,

Anyone want a few bucketfuls I can pick them up all day long on the shoreline. Personally I have never had one, never wanted one.

Had to do a job at Indian once - owner - oldish chap had chesty phlemy cough and each time we passed sink in kitchen down sink it went -

Don't do takeaways or eat ins now.

Dave

it reminds me of a good mate a few years back, delivering wines /beers to the only indian restaraunt in glossop just be fore opening time. he walked past the stove an among the pans was A MOP BUCKET with a curry bubbling away :good: true . i still have a chuckle about it now an then. they were good currys though. owner burnt it down an did time.

I have worked on a few floors after the H&H has had a visit to some of these take aways..can honestly say..I wouldn't eat from many of them

there is one though..who is fantastic and all the cooking is done in front of you...no brick wall and spotless funny how the ques are long :good:

I have worked on a few floors after the H&H has had a visit to some of these take aways..can honestly say..I wouldn't eat from many of them

there is one though..who is fantastic and all the cooking is done in front of you...no brick wall and spotless funny how the ques are long :good:

Flattery will get you everywhere!

Hang slack though, Jasp, had a superb meal, possibly the best ever, on Saturday. They have a Christmas season menu published, quite "gamey", toying with the idea of seeing if you and Dave fancy it. Will be in touch.

Cheers,

Phil

Flattery will get you everywhere!

Hang slack though, Jasp, had a superb meal, possibly the best ever, on Saturday. They have a Christmas season menu published, quite "gamey", toying with the idea of seeing if you and Dave fancy it. Will be in touch.

Cheers,

Phil

is it the one down town..the one panda's eat :look: tis good in there...don't forget..a fortnight saturday.... my wedding :look:

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

In 2003, I had a takeaway from a kebab shop in St Ives Cornwall. I was pretty ill the day after and couldn't walk properly. I vowed never to have another takeaway. That didn't last.

Recovered temporarily, only to find it was actually Septicaemea, which came close to killing me. Totally unconnected with the kebab place.

There's no way i'd order from anywhere that had been closed by EH.

If they cant abide by simple hygiene laws the 1st time round, what makes you think they'll get it right second time around?

It just says they don't really care about their customers and only want the money.

Most of the time it's just laziness and poor training that gets them closed down.