What do you wash your shooting gear in??

sixhills 69

Hi;

I have be trying to find out what people use to wash their shooting gear in as to reduce the UV eliment on the cloths, I have seen that Nikwax do TechWash which is expensive, i also know that use of washing powders with a No detergent in helps.

Any suggestions would be greatful.

Thanks Six hills 69

I just bung mine in a 40 degree wash-( or rather she who must be obeyed does) no soap powder of any kind- sometimes throw in a handfull or 3 of fresh Pine needles wrapped in a sock- gives them a woody smell

They never come out totally clean but do smell a tad better

Les :good:

When my clothes start to feel like a chamois leather and are as stiff as cardboard, I stick them in the washing machine without any detergent, on a 30 degree short cycle spin thing :good: ............... number 4 :yes:

....or at best 1 soap tab (when the instructions would suggest you need about 4)...then EXTRA rinse! B)

When my clothes start to feel like a chamois leather and are as stiff as cardboard, I stick them in the washing machine without any detergent, on a 30 degree short cycle spin thing :good: ............... number 4 :yes:

same here, and its only once a year. B)

When I was game shooting my kit got washed in the rain. My leggings and wellies would get the hose on them in the yard before I took them off. The dog got a wash as well but then he got a good rub down and wrapped in a towel so I could smell wet dog on the way home.

Vic.

Can someone please explain what UV on my clothing is. As a humble farmer I get all sorts of muck on my clothes that Mrs T seems to get rid of in her washing machine but she's never complained about Persil not washing out UV.

when you wash your clothing with wash powder it lleaves a uv film on them and pigeons can spot you from a mile away glowing like a fairy bulb on a xmas tree