The McCanns

bicykillgaz

Be realistic, if events had played out as you suggest those events would be at odds with their continuing actions.

I feel sorry for Madeline NOT the parents!!!

There was forensic evidence that found hair and blood samples in the boot of the Mcanns hire care, it was dismissed when they explained that she ha cut herself previously....to me that was dismissed a little too easily. :yes:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe The McCanns are so wrapped up in the media circus to take the spot light off of the fact that it is down to there neglect that Maddie was taken. I bet it helps them sleep at night pointing the finger elsewhere. One of the most publicised cases of abduction globally, I personally assume the worst about the poor nipper but considering the potential living hell she could have gone through i think the worst isn’t always the worst. Does Mrs M really think a book will assist the search for her daughter or just boost her P.R and her bank balance?? Of course I sympathise as a father myself but i also have a huge amount of anger towards them for the stupidity and selfishness.

NickP is right,why isn't the name Ben Needham being mentioned in the media as he was taken in Kos a few years ago now!?

Because his parents wernt "Doctors"

The two cases in theory are the same.....parents lose child to "kidnappers"

The Mcanns had the wherewithall to push it a lot further and keep it in the public eye.

My two bobs worth is i dont think the parents harmed her/drugged her but were negligent in leaving the children alone while they went out for a meal and something should be done about that,

As has been said before i hope she was taken by a childless couple to order, that way there is always some hope.

If she is still alive then when she is a lot older she may somehow read all the stories about a missing child and see the defect in her eye and put 2 and 2 together

shaun

A different aspect on this. I used to own quite an upmarket travel agent in an affluent area, at least once a week we had families coming in to the shop asking for a family holiday, more often than not they then asked if there was a childrens CLUB or special childrens facilities, ie a kids pool. Some if they were going skiing asked for a kindergarten or creach or special request for child friendly things.A very odd few asked for babysitting services saying they would deal with it themselves in resort.It was very easy to pick out the differance between the parents that were happy to keep their children with them and the Is there somwhere to dump my kids types. This behaviour has been going on for years and I often used to wonder why they had kids in the first place.I sincerly hope there will be a happy ending to this but I fear the worst. from Auntie.

This whole thing stinks. Their story is unbelievable. They won't account for significant parts of their activities and their 'friends' refuse to fully support the police. On top of that the footage of the cadaver dog in their apartment strongly suggests to me that there was a death or serious injury at the botom of the stairs. The dog's indication is absolutely indicative of a murder or serious injury having taken place.

I think the McCanns have a brass neck in trying to court publicity in this way.

I just can't buy all the conspiracy theory stuff. She was either taken for a family that wanted a child or for a nonce. Let's hope it was the former.

I too pity the parents both for the original significant error in judgement (and I maintain that non-middle class parents would have been crucified by the press for what they did) but also for the fact they seem unable to draw a line under this, accept they'll never see their daughter again, and get on with their lives. Can't to begin to imagine the issues this must be creating for their remaining children.

On the notion of sedation - is there evidence for this or just speculation.

On the 80% DNA match - so the blood could have been from a pig of chimpanzee.

"On the 80% DNA match - so the blood could have been from a pig of chimpanzee."

That will give the conspiracy guys a whole munch of ideas!

I think alot was done at the time! they asked us to look for Maddie and we did, she wasn't down my street thou! I really think for the sake of thier family they need to except, whatever happened, she is gone and except it was a tragdy and get on with their lives, it sad what happened and I know it will be difficult with out closeur but I find it hard to believe that if she was going to be found Interpol, British and Portugeusse police would have by know, but no leads even. It is sad what happened to Maddie, but I still have question like why was she left alone, and how did some one know there was a kid on her own? I'm sure these are question the police have asked to! A 4 year old girl, now 8 who's face was all over Europe, not found? I think I know what happened to her. Sad.

I just can't buy all the conspiracy theory stuff. She was either taken for a family that wanted a child or for a nonce. Let's hope it was the former.

I too pity the parents both for the original significant error in judgement (and I maintain that non-middle class parents would have been crucified by the press for what they did) but also for the fact they seem unable to draw a line under this, accept they'll never see their daughter again, and get on with their lives. Can't to begin to imagine the issues this must be creating for their remaining children.

On the notion of sedation - is there evidence for this or just speculation.

On the 80% DNA match - so the blood could have been from a pig of chimpanzee.

'If they are totally innocent' then i do not believe they could or ever would draw a line under this and would ever be able to move on.

I think its appalling that people are still speculating that they killed her.Yes they were stupid and selfish to leave the children alone while they went to dinner,but they've got to live with that awful decision forever.If there was a shred of evidence indicating they were responsible for Maddelines dissapearance they'd be in prison now,but there isnt and they're not.

Being British citizens paying their taxes they're fully entitled to UK Police investigating.

I think its appalling that people are still speculating that they killed her.Yes they were stupid and selfish to leave the children alone while they went to dinner,but they've got to live with that awful decision forever.If there was a shred of evidence indicating they were responsible for Maddelines dissapearance they'd be in prison now,but there isnt and they're not.

Being British citizens paying their taxes they're fully entitled to UK Police investigating.

They didn't act like innocent parents when initially interviewed and the circumstantial evidence is stacked up against them. The lack of evidence sufficient to bring a prosecution does not mean that they are innocent. It only means they haven't been prosecuted.

They didn't act like innocent parents when initially interviewed and the circumstantial evidence is stacked up against them. The lack of evidence sufficient to bring a prosecution does not mean that they are innocent. It only means they haven't been prosecuted.

Were you the one doing the interview? I know you're a copper,but you're only going by what you've read on the interweb.

UK poacher if I remember you are an ex Copper, i am right in saying in the majority of these cases it is found that the relatives or close contacts are the perpetrators ??

Not quite 'ex' Another four months to go :D

Yes, the majority of murders are domestically related and the majority of child abductions are by someone known to the child or child's family. Of course that doesn't mean that no child is murdered or abducted by strangers, it just makes it very unlikely. In this case that is just one part of the equation. Gerry buying copious amounts of cleaning materials, Kate shaving the twins hair, their friends reluctance to fully co-operate and other matters all point towards the McCanns not telling the truth about what happened.

i don't buy the random paedo snatching her story personally, as some one else mentioned how would he of known the kids was unattended and surely an unplanned snatch would be a quick in through the window snatch and run job and would have left forensics. And if she was snatched to order surely this would need a lot of planning, following their routine and planning an escape route and having time to leave the scene clean?

The thing i found most strange at the time is what the mothers first words was when she found maddie missing from what i can remeber she was quoted as saying 'oh god they've taken her' not 'oh god maddies got out' or 'oh god maddies missing', who did she think gad taken her? I may have miss read it but i'm quite sure it was words to that effect.

I genuinely hope maddie is alive and well with some rich couple who had her snatched to order and that they are better parents to her than her own was as the alternatives are terrible. Poor little lass.

Gary

Not quite 'ex' Another four months to go :D

Yes, the majority of murders are domestically related and the majority of child abductions are by someone known to the child or child's family. Of course that doesn't mean that no child is murdered or abducted by strangers, it just makes it very unlikely. In this case that is just one part of the equation. Gerry buying copious amounts of cleaning materials, Kate shaving the twins hair, their friends reluctance to fully co-operate and other matters all point towards the McCanns not telling the truth about what happened.

Have to say always been my feeling, supported by their behaviour since the event

Its very blurred I'm not sure what to think, part of me thinks they are definitely not telling the truth the other thought is there are some very odd people out there. Leaving them in the room 100 yards away and checking every half hour isn't necessarily unknown of among parents possibly believing the complex was safer than it was. Local police are also pretty inept as they were with the other girl that went missing local to there which I believe had a load of them suspended during this investigation.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth which means we'll have Kate and gerry on the tv far more than most would want.

A little light reading:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic41.html

4078 "Okay so how long have you known the MCCANN family?”

Reply "I think, I’ve been trying to work out the first time I actually did first meet them but it

was around about the time that Exxxxx and Madeleine were born because Russell was

working with Gerry at the Royal and I can remember, I honestly can’t remember the

first time I actually met them exactly but it was around that time and we met them, I

think it was at Dave and Fi’s house, because Fi knew Kate well at that point because

they were both doing anaesthetics together at that stage.”

The last bit is a response to ;-

Are you saying that they overdosed the child so they could have a quiet night out?

Neither is an anaethetist. She's a GP, and he's a consultant cardiologist.

Seems you put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

Edited by Gordon R

i don't buy the random paedo snatching her story personally, as some one else mentioned how would he of known the kids was unattended and surely an unplanned snatch would be a quick in through the window snatch and run job and would have left forensics.

Trouble is, it was a holiday apartment. How many hundreds of peoples hair, fingerprints, blood or semen is going to be in there? A nightmare for collecting forensics I bet :oops:

Check this out:

I have worked with both these dogs and even allowing for the handler being a total winker and making lots of exagerated and blatently false claims about his dogs, you cannot ignore the dog's indications. Blood was spilled in that apartment. I am 100% sure of that.

If they had done it they wouldn't keep pushing for more investigations. Also, I would have thought the strain would have taken on one of them and one of them would have cracked.

If you're going to do something naughty, do it by yourself and tell no one.

Besides, if they had bumped her off being Doctors they could have come up with something more convincing - she got out of bed and got hold of the medicine bottle, slipped down stairs, fell in the pool. They could have come up with something quite convincing and a lot easier to manage - there would be no need to move or hide the body.

All this blame being steepd on them for an single error in judgment. I would still think it appropriate to blame whoever it was that did kidnap their daughter.

My two bobs worth is i dont think the parents harmed her/drugged her but were negligent in leaving the children alone while they went out for a meal and something should be done about that,

Your 2 bobs isnt worth a penny dude....they ADMITTED TO SEDATING HER!!