lanber or beretta

newarcher

First one to mind is the 686E a great sporting gun. Beretta offered varing warranties on their guns at various points in time (up to 10 years), which I believe these are transferable.

If not covered by a beretta warranty you will need to ask the dealer what warrenty they are offering. I would say they rarely go wrong, but nice to know what support the dealer will offer you in the event of some thing going wrong.

I would suggest not limiting your options 2 just 2 makes (distributed in the UK by the same company) Miroku, Browning and others can be had for similar money Miroku possibly the better value the big B's command a premium in the UK....

IF it fits and you can afford it buy it don't be too keen to chop and change...it's just more money for the dealers....

I would suggest not limiting your options 2 just 2 makes (distributed in the UK by the same company) Miroku, Browning and others can be had for similar money Miroku possibly the better value the big B's command a premium in the UK....

IF it fits and you can afford it buy it don't be too keen to chop and change...it's just more money for the dealers....

Too true !!

Both are excellent makes of shotgun. I used to own a Beretta 303 semi auto, which was a brilliant shotgun. I own a Lanber O/U which I bought 14 years ago. It has proved to be almost faultless during this time,in which I have fired many 1000's of cartridges through it. The only thing that did go wrong was the spring clip that held the safety catch/barrel selector in place. It snapped, and a replacement cost me £2.00. Of all the shotguns I've owned, I would say that the Lanber is about the best. :good:

I'd be happy with either make. Buying second hand is a great way to do things if you don't mind doing it though - let someone else lose the money on it. Then if you do ever come to sell it you'll not lose so much. The Beretta is a better gun than the Lanber, although the Lanber isn't bad by any means.

The chap who taught me to shoot had a Beretta 682. He said it had fired over 100,000 cartridges with nothing but some new firing pins and small parts. That's a bloody good effort. If you buy a second hand one that's still nice and tight it will last for many more years. :yes:

As mentioned in a previous post why limit yourself to these guns. There are plenty of other fine gunmakers out there who produce some mighty fine shotguns. Although, I do own a couple of Berettas and rate them highly and would recommend them I do feel they are sometimes overly rated by some people. Take one of my other Guns a Miroku. I bought this 2nd hand unlike both of my Berettas. The Miroku however in my view is built just as solid and shoots fantastic. But cost me half the price...... :good:

Also you have to think about how the gun fits and feels. Its no good buying something that doesn`t feel right. If it doesn`t feel right you wont shoot right. Its fine to look at top guns like Berreta but dont discount other guns just because the name doesn`t fit. (I was told this by a shooting instructor many years ago and its held me in good stead since!!]

The best of luck with your search.