whats your biggest or best shooting bag you have shot?

-ben-

My most memorable was 9 squirrels the first day I took my air rifle up into the woods. It took me half a day of quiet fieldcraft and I enjoyed every minute of it. Squirrel hunting is still my favourite, lots of people used to walk their dogs through the woods and the squirrels were very wary.

Three greylags from three shots in Cumbria/three canadas from 3 shots on a morning flight in Cheshire/40 woodies from 50 shells in 2 hours with a new beretta 20 bore game o/u - my shoulder was never the same again!!

I think I'd trade them all for 11 foxes in one night !

147 pigeons and 21 crows with my dad last year on stubble

30 squirrels in one morning with the shotgun by myself

115 rooks over silage with a 20 bore

11 cock pheasants, 7 mallard, a pigeon, a fox, a wigeon, a snipe and a Cananda goose in one day to my 20 bore Beretta

10 pheasants, 2 woodcock and 2 foxes in one day with my 20 bore

funny my best days that make me smile all involve one bird a crackin /lucky shot and the enjoyment of thinkin i did hit that...... the cock that 3 other guns missed over the trees to me single shot straight down or the woodcock last season up to my side and behind, straight on it and it literally fluttered like a sycamore leaf to the ground stone dead......for me the quanity does not matter just being out with my mates and the enjoyment and the memories that day out brings......is the most important......

Edited by millrace

One of my most memorable days was a sunny October Saturday morning rough shoot with a mate and his dogs.

We bagged teal, mallard, woodie, pheasant, grey partridge, red-leg, snipe, woodcock, rabbit, hare, jay, magpie, coot, moorhen and collared dove. Neither of us seemed to go wrong and I've never had such a varied bag on any shoot I've ever been on in one session. And all on just under 100 acres.

I only wish I had a picture of the bag.

i remember shooting 6 mallard with 6 shots with 3 rights and lefts. it was a while ago but i remember it like it was yesterday. it was a very frosty morning with a good covering of snow and my uncle dropped me off at a small loch that was frozen solid but it was only to wait till a bit of light came in. there is a burn that runs from the loch that for some reason always stays open when almost everything is frozen up and if you can hit it right there is always a few mallard. i waited till there was enough light to see with and set off and within 100 yards a pair got up and i dropped them both, a drake and a duck both in the bag. i walked a fair bit before i saw anything else, probably about a mile, another pair got up and they too both fell, another drake and a duck in the bag. when i was almost at the end of my walk i was nearly scared something would get up that i would miss but another pair got up and were both secured, another drake and a duck. it wasnt my unusual marksmanship that made the morning (although it did help), it was the perfect conditions, the crisp fresh morning, the fact that the birds fell clean and the scenery was stunning. its not a morning i will forget in a hurry. :good:

Edited by aister