Cruise control

officerdibble777

I have cruise on my jeep and use it all the time,this past week I have made the trip to Orlando 3 times to take the grand kids to the parks and noticed that if you think well ahead you can do it on cruise for the whole trip,now that for me is 110 miles without touching a pedal and cruising at 62mph.

Does anyone else use it like this ?

I think it works so good her because there are no hills in Florida,and the main highways,(interstate roads )are long straight flat roads.At the on ramps the road widens by 2 lanes sometimes ,then narrows back down .Also you have long stretches of road where lorries are not allowed to use the left lane,so no hold ups there,not that they hang about .Another thing that helps,you drive in one lane ,none of that lane jumping thing you have in the UK,if you need to pass another car then change lane then stay in that lane .You have to be more aware,you can pass and be passed on both sides,and you never get flashed or hooted at nor do you get hands and arms waved at you, but be ready for the ones that cut in when you are in traffic,any size space you leave is seen as their space,just be ready

John

Is that a 1.6 diesel ? - I have a 2.0ltr diesel which will be 3 yrs old in Oct and best I have got is 50mpg - more realistic is 45 on Shell V Power diesel. - It is powershift though. - When using CC I use box in manual and just keep it revving smooth.

dave