65 TODAY BAH HUMBUG

lakeside1000

Well, its here at last, 65 years since I first made my mother scream, she dosn't even recognise me now, shes 94 and counting, shes after the telegram from the queen, wife bought me another half dozen decoys , at least she has it right, took some prompting though, just been down the clay club and shot like a ****, 29 of 50. like my school reports always used to say 'could do better'.

So what to look foward to, from now on - teeth falling out, hearing and eyesight going, a pension that hardly even pays for my cartridges, incontinence, well everyone at the club was ******* themselves watching me shoot so I might as well join them.

Ive got my bus pass incase they stop me driving, just dont know how im going to get the bus driver to drop me off at the shoot with all my gear, do you think he will carry it up the field if I ask nicely.

The worst thing is no one takes you seriously anymore, you hear them wisper , just ignore the old ****, hes losing it you know, minds gone.well its just mind over matter, I dont mind and they dont matter.

The pigeons used to shake with fear when they saw me coming, now they shake with laughter as the shot passes by in the distance.

So its Happy Birthday to Me, pass me that pint and I will have a nice big piece of my cake, why not !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Still on the bright side.............................................................................

Hang on i'm thinking.........

Wait a minute.....................................................

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :lol::drinks::yay::birthday:

Its still better than the alternative, but "big" birthdays ie ones ending in a zero or a five just get more depressing and more frequent.

True wisdom comes to you at the time of your life when you can do nothing with it. You know you are getting old when you wake up in the morning and the only bit of you that isn't stiff is the bit that always used to be.

Edited by Vince Green