There is a God

JDog

Yesterday I posted some pictures of pigeons going into a bean field and I was bemoaning the fact that due to work commitments I wouldn't be able to shoot the field until Saturday. Last evening at 9pm a client called me to cancel our appointment for today with profuse apologies. I was so disappointed that I almost wept. However it did leave today free to shoot the bean field. Hooray.

I got there at 9:30, watched the lines and I was set up by 10:00. There was a very strong wind and I was unable to use my normal netting as it was being blown down as soon as I erected it. I simply used a small net to cover the dogs and my 'see through' net to watch incoming birds through and the most measly bit of netting plus scrim in the middle. I had to leave an enormous gap in the middle to let the wind through and I hope that this shows up in the photo.

The wind blew hard down the hedge and I set up the pattern very close in on my right and a bit further out on my left to encourage birds to fly past me into the pattern proper. This worked pretty well and again I hope it shows up in the photo.

I knew that I must have had a good day as I had to go back to the car twice for cartridges. When I laid the birds out for the photo I counted 209 and there are 209 in the photo. This was a potential disaster as I started with 10 meaning that I had shot 199! I scoured the fields for half an hour before I picked the one bird I need for 200. I found it dead three fields away.

This is the largest bag I have ever shot and the day ranks in the best three or four that I have ever been out in the shooting field in over 1000 days out decoying pigeons.

DSC04555.jpg

brand-logo.png

loading.gif
DSC04552.jpg
loading.gif
profile_male_large.jpg

DSC04545.jpg

Edited by JDog