What you do for a living

dob

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently an information security manager working on a 400 mil contract coverin uk europe africa and india, i did 16 years in IT working my way up from 1st line support to it site manager, worked for the mod as an it service bod and completed 175000 miles in 2 years, worked in the publishing world sending out samples and also trained for 4 years at an auctioneers.

Dad was a game keeper and i used to help out on the estate.

full time dad

:good:

motorcycle courier controller in central london

good job and fun but not enough pay anymore

15 years on the circuit london and nationwide, worked for most of the top firms last one was City Sprint. Decided to jump out and join the real world 10 years ago. Best job in the world for 6 months then worst job in the world for the other, loved my time as a courier. Sadly i saw the influx of NEWCOMERS doing minimums for less and less this was begining of the end for me.Good luck :good:

was a game keeper and stalker for years rearing 60thou birds and culling 130 head of deer a year....

since i got paid off thou its been awsome! mainly mole catching but also killing and selling most things rabbits deer and fish mainly. get paid to kill em get money too sell em!

ohh and rigging gill nets and lobster pot makeing.

Ten years in seismic business/ used a lot of dynamite-fun. Then about 10 years as a crop duster and bush pilot- exciting and dangerous/wife suggested I quit. Spent my last 20 years farming and guiding hunters. Now I rent my land out and shoot and ride my Triumph rocket 3.

I worked in the Vehicle rental industry for 10 years running the maintenance department for then,

Then moved to a Windscreen company to look after there eastern division for a few years.

I then got a job working for a company that looked after Land Rover parts as there call centre manager.

After 3 months I was made redundant due to the company being taken over, now I am still looking for work.

It is killing me being unemployed.

I am tempted to retrain and go self employed and this thread has given me some options to look at.

I'm a welder fabricator, I fix and mend Westlands and sea king helicopters for the RAF, have all sort of other helicopters that come out of war to have body damge fixed. Also build parts for MOD, have build gun turrets etc for military land vehicles. have taken on a contract to build and fabricate all the part for the typhoon fighter. It's very high end welding and sheet metal, I'm only 23 so have spent most of my life at college learning welding and fabricating, passing x ray weld tests etc and I'm now heading back to college for 6 years to do my aircraft e engineering diploma. it draining and hard work but I enjoy it. Very interesting. we have to sign paper work and hand phones in before working with MOD drawing and parts etc, on the jets we hand out passports in (for some reason)

So if u want welding done or u want me to fab u up a black hawk I'm your man hahaha