What you do for a living

dob

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I work for an electricity company. Was a linesman for 25 years but promotion took me to planning engineer role. I design and quote for electricity networks from 4 properties to 33000 volts. I also do all the network studies for generation jobs, ie solar and wind turbines. Good money but with that comes pressure and hassle. Lookin for a nice easy job where I don't get any hassle. Would love to go back to digger driving as still have my tickets.

I was a sparky for 17 years before I sold out and took a promotion to customer services manager I now have 14 engineers of various skill sets working under me delivering building maintenance to some of the uk's largest retailers and it sucks as I'm now stuck behind a desk 50hrs a week

I work for an electricity company. Was a linesman for 25 years but promotion took me to planning engineer role. I design and quote for electricity networks from 4 properties to 33000 volts. I also do all the network studies for generation jobs, ie solar and wind turbines. Good money but with that comes pressure and hassle. Lookin for a nice easy job where I don't get any hassle. Would love to go back to digger driving as still have my tickets.

ukpn??? if so we subcontract to them doing vegetation clearance around the lines!

Deck/heavy lift supervisor on the worlds biggest wind turbine installation vessel this is my second trip here and i am looking to go back into the oil industry as its pants working here!!!! leaving the oil industry was a big mistake! i may be earning more but it dont help the lack of a safety culture or job satisfaction!

Andy that was a quick change of hearts .

Andy that was a quick change of hearts .

yeah the ship is an awesome and amazing machine but sadly the company is ran by idiots who could not organise a bang in a bomb factory! it could be a great place to work if the management was to change! i need back into the oil industry!

yeah the ship is an awesome and amazing machine but sadly the company is ran by idiots who could not organise a bang in a bomb factory! it could be a great place to work if the management was to change! i need back into the oil industry!

Mutiny I hear , eye captain abandon ship :lol: do what's best for yourself Andy money ain't everything :good:

I've been a photographer for almost 20 years. Editorial, advertising and commercial mainly but do the odd wedding if I have to. I do a fair amount of brochure photography for a cruise company so travel around quite a bit - but I'm currently doing a science degree so I can get out of the business, too many people with cameras, but no ability or knowledge, that are willing to work for peanuts.