Police have new petty things to fine us for

Chr15j

From the bbc

Among the offences police are expected to focus on are:

Driving too close to the vehicle in front

Failing to give way at a junction (not requiring evasive action by another driver)

Overtaking and pushing into a queue of traffic

Being in the wrong lane and pushing into a queue on a roundabout

Lane discipline, such as needlessly hogging the middle or outside lanes

Inappropriate speed

Wheel-spins, handbrake turns and other careless manoeuvres

Ok I know some people hate queue jumpers, but seriously, fining them! Looks like some easy wins for plod!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have to get money some other way now that the speed camera,s have started to be shut down, just another way of ripping us off,mind you there is nothing more annoying than a driver doing 50mph in the middle lane on a motorway but to fine people and points what will be next ? we will be getting points for putting ya side lights on too early next

You can't fine someone for having bad manners!

call it bad driving but everything on that list seems fair game to me. Naturally when you look at how many traffic plod there are it won't happen often but its another ability for them to cut down on anti social driving

From the bbc

Among the offences police are expected to focus on are:

Driving too close to the vehicle in front

Failing to give way at a junction (not requiring evasive action by another driver)

Overtaking and pushing into a queue of traffic

Being in the wrong lane and pushing into a queue on a roundabout

Lane discipline, such as needlessly hogging the middle or outside lanes

Inappropriate speed

Wheel-spins, handbrake turns and other careless manoeuvres

Ok I know some people hate queue jumpers, but seriously, fining them! Looks like some easy wins for plod!

Good, and about time !!

If you don't drive like a knob, then you'll have nothing to worry about.

Edited by chrispti

Given we hardly ever see a traffic cop - they will hardly ever get to see it happen really. It does give them a bit more scope for stopping a driver to see what attitude they get. I used to be a right stroppy *** to them years ago - never got away with anything.

These days I'm just as bad as every other cabbie but when I get a tug I'm much more agreeable - and get away with almost everything. :)

Haven't we all, at some time said, for nearly all this list of offences, that they were dangerous driving ?

All of them are undoubtedly risky, selfish and inconsiderate - as are very many drivers.

I wonder how many on here use their mobile phone whilst driving - even a handsfree kit is a danger in MHO.

If we all behaved better and more considerately to all road users then there would not need to be these kind of intervention to save us from ourselves.

Very much agree that whilst it seems to be more of the 'Nanny' state - in this case, it WILL save lives and that's all to the good.

One day drunken driving will be considered murder and for me it will be years too late.

You can't fine someone for having bad manners!

Sadly, that is the case. If they brought out a law making it possible to heavily fine the parents of any youngsters afflicted with the condition then within a generation or two we'd get back to the majority of drivers being motorists again. Of course, that won't happen and even if they introduce the points at the OP they won't be enforced so all we have to look forward to is it getting worse.

I agree with everything on the list but practically it will make no difference at all, the police could stop someone doing any of these things under the law now if there actually were any coppers out there watching which there isnt its all speed cameras or nothing to save money but it misses the point completely.

Sorry, but I don't see anything on that list that I would disagree with. Might 'learn' a few people some manners.

:good: and a bit of road sense. Some people seriously need a refresh course on awareness and planning.

Nothing annoys me more than when a road goes from a 30 to the national speed limit. Massive big signs telling you the national speed limit. Yet they go on at 30-35. Grrrrrh!

:good: and a bit of road sense. Some people seriously need a refresh course on awareness and planning.

Nothing annoys me more than when a road goes from a 30 to the national speed limit. Massive big signs telling you the national speed limit. Yet they go on at 30-35. Grrrrrh!

The national speed limit is a MAXIMUM, not a requirement. Patience, dear boy, patience

I used to be a salesman for a living, and drove c. 50,000 miles a year for the last 35 years.

Some days I used to get home and say "Thank you God for preserving me from the tail-gaters, middle lane hoggers, under-takers, and other such absolute pillocks that I used to encounter on the roads".

Accepting that we all have our moments of absentmindedness, I have no objection of the police have the authority to double the fines and points as long as the offences are recorded by camera so that the court's time will not be wasted.

I would not be a policeman for all the coppers in the mint - having to knock on some ones door to tell the bad news of a badly inured relative due to the rank bad driving that I have seen.

And before someone jumps in to knock my do-gooder halo - my last speeding offence cost me £350, but taught me a lesson - that was 23 years ago.

The national speed limit is a MAXIMUM, not a requirement. Patience, dear boy, patience

Its also a GUIDE! No one should be doing less than 50mph on an uncongested motorway but you still get numpties sitting in the outside lanes (inside lane clear) dawdling along at 45mph! No doubt these are the people who whinge about being tailgated :rolleyes:

People who stay in the middle/outside lane for no reason should be blown up by rocket launchers strapped to the overhead signs.

They do my ******g head in.

I drive probs 1500 miles a week, to and from jobs all over the shire. I spend half my life sat behind some **** driving at 69mph. I'm a 85mph man. I find it safer because I'm going past all the nuggets festering at 70mph. And also because I'm not bunched up in the fantasy braking club that congregate up and down our great nations motorways. These guys, also, should be shot with the motorway rocket launchers.

However, pushing in is my forte. There is absolutely no need to sit in the inside lane and que when there's a perfectly good outside lane I can push in, sneak past and carry on. And if the police ever stop me for it and fine me ill give them some proper ear ache.

Theres not a lot i dont disagree with from that list.

As you're not far away in Cambridge you're obviously aware of the A1M between Alconbury and Peteboghorror and maybe even witnessed the penis heads who insist on sitting in lane 3 or 4 doing a mind blowing 55-65mph with lanes 2 & 3 being empty.Yeah-lane hoggers. This road in particular seems to attract more than its fair share of simpletons and needs regular Police patrols,but oddly i rarely see a traffic car on it.

£100 fine for using a mobile while driving? Yep,completely agree with that too.