Decent Flask

ollie

I have a Thermos metal flask

I just fill it with boiling water for 30 minutes, empty out them make as coffee and find this will be still really hot (too hot to drink) 9 hours later.

archi

Guy where I used to work many moons ago bought a stainless steel flask which had been advertised as unbreakable. Gobbed on about it in the test dept...when he went to the washroom he found out it was not unbreakable when he returned. Circuit testers are strange people.

Still using a Thermos steel 1ltr from 88 , preheat as advised by archi above , plastic cup liner is loose now and I am always supergluing it but for 25yrs use its not bad , a bit battered but I was fed up of breaking the ordinary ones .

Last year I bought a Thermos Stainless King 1/2 ltr for walks etc and its proved as good as the old one .

Guest rimotu66

Still using a Thermos steel 1ltr from 88 , preheat as advised by archi above , plastic cup liner is loose now and I am always supergluing it but for 25yrs use its not bad , a bit battered but I was fed up of breaking the ordinary ones .

This sounds the same as mine, pre-heat and fill in the morning, mine is still 'warmish' the next morning, my cup liner is also loose :good:

I have a Thermos Poineer flask i have had from new (about 15 years) .

Very Big and bulky yet keeps my drinks Hot for 12 Hours and warm for up to 24

There are a few used one on E Bay for about £12

The trick is to pre heat them, and avoid removing the stopper (use the pouring channels)

I have tried the smaller cheapie jobbies and whilst they are fine for a few weeks they tend to fail if they have a ding on them, i think it must be the outer touching the inner causing a cold leak

I have a Stanley flask that I believe is made by Aladdin (I'm not sure if the new ones still are) and it is excellent.

I can make a drink at 6 in the morning, and it still be hot at 5pm after using it all day.

As others have said the key is pre heating it, and if I am making coffee I also pre heat the milk as there is no point spending ten minutes letting it heat up, and then firing half a pint of cold liquid into it.

Stanley. And a life time guarantee.

Mmm. I would question that guarantee. Mine after 9 months didn't keep my tea hot. So went online to find out what to do.

Sent the flask off and waited.

And waited

And waited

Three months later I phoned them and they looked it up. Found my paperwork and said

'Well, the guarantee is lifetime but we don't make that flask anymore'

I said I'm not fussy and I would have any 1.5 litre flask they have.

2 months past and I chased them up many times. I ended up writing a proper stroppy letter (it became a matter of principle) and finally they agreed to send me a flask and did.

Gone back to supermarket own now. £3 and when they give up I just get a new one

I have a Thermos metal flask

I just fill it with boiling water for 30 minutes, empty out them make as coffee and find this will be still really hot (too hot to drink) 9 hours later.

archi

Yep. Thermos Work Bottle mine's called. Good little mug on it too. Well insulated. Keeps the tea hot for ages when you're outside in the cold. I only put boiling water in mine though, and take the makings in seperate jars. Water stays hot longer, you get a better brew and the flask doesn't go rancid. You can still make a piping hot brew 12 hours later. Sometimes if I forget to empty it when I get home the water is still too hot to touch next morning.