Advice on disposing a shotgun please.

You need to transfer it to RFD and send notification to police

OR

do what REC-BALLER said...either hand it to an RFD for disposal OR hand it in to the Police

PLUS

It IS also possible to have an RFD deactivate it, send it to the proof house for a certificate, then you can sell to on & not be looking at a total financial loss

i have recently scrapped three old English sxs I took them int my dealer quick easy and painless.as for taking bits off I would not bother if they are of no further use to you what does it matter.

Any bits he takes off like forend chokes etc could help out someone on here who needs them parts but are unable to get them elsewhere, if the guns scrap then why not.

i would take off what you can, forend, stock receiver bolt etc, you may be able to sell the barrel and put it on someones licence with the serial number as I had a spare barrel on mine for my beretta, have a word with wabbitbosher on here, he is licensed to do such things i believe, even if he isn't i guarantee he will know what can be done.

Any bits he takes off like forend chokes etc could help out someone on here who needs them parts but are unable to get them elsewhere, if the guns scrap then why not.

I would agree to a point however in the past I have tried to give bits away and to be honest sometimes it was hard work even when free you would not believe how picky some people can be and the things they expect.not everyone but some.

I would agree to a point however in the past I have tried to give bits away and to be honest sometimes it was hard work even when free you would not believe how picky some people can be and the things they expect.not everyone but some.

Echos my experiences exactly

Regards remmyman

:yes::yes::yes:

But consider giving it to a RFD if you think it is worthless, he may be able to offer something in his store as a trade, pair of gloves, gunslip, whatever! :good:

:yes::yes::yes:

But consider giving it to a RFD if you think it is worthless, he may be able to offer something in his store as a trade, pair of gloves, gunslip, whatever! :good:

Through a similar sort of deal with my local gun shop I walked out (on my ticket obviously) with a 2nd hand PES moderator for .243 for free!!! To say I was chuffed is an understatement.

What's wrong with it? You can mend those things with forge, anvil and hammer!

Seriously, an RFD will take it off your hands for 50p scrap value or spares.

Hi Whitebridges,

Whats wrong with it, well when cycling after firing one shot, it wants to puts two cartridges up from the magazine. I have striped it down and I cannot see anything that would cause this to happen, any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Whitebridges,

Whats wrong with it, well when cycling after firing one shot, it wants to puts two cartridges up from the magazine. I have striped it down and I cannot see anything that would cause this to happen, any suggestions.

Not intimately aquinted with hatstands but it sounds an easy fix, there is usually a stopper that blocks the mag off, sounds like yours in jambing in on first firing and release! might even just need a strip and clean-up in that area. Cant say without looking though

Hi Whitebridges,

Can you not get by just using it a 2 shot ?

One in chamber and one in mag - can't try and feed what is not there.

Happens on my webley210 when i over oil the the stopper catch does it only do it after firing a shell or does it still do it when you manualy pull the bolt back to eject the shell in the chamber and press the button to feed the first shell out of the tube.

johnnie