scottish independance

armsid

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me the argument is as ,when andy murray does well he,s british when he loses he,s scottish thats why youl get no sense from the press or politicos on this .the scots want to run their own country but most are sensible enough to know union works .going solo doesnt .by the bye im i yorkshire born son of scots and i think 3 lots of politicicians is bullfeathers and costs all of us a fortune.only 450ish run 300 million americans why does england need 650 cretins and wales n scotland need hundreds more of the blood sucking parasites claiming expenses.as billy connelly said anyone who wants to be a politician should be banned for life from public office

to me the argument is as ,when andy murray does well he,s british when he loses he,s scottish thats why youl get no sense from the press or politicos on this .the scots want to run their own country but most are sensible enough to know union works .going solo doesnt .by the bye im i yorkshire born son of scots and i think 3 lots of politicicians is bullfeathers and costs all of us a fortune.only 450ish run 300 million americans why does england need 650 cretins and wales n scotland need hundreds more of the blood sucking parasites claiming expenses.as billy connelly said anyone who wants to be a politician should be banned for life from public office

That's an interesting combination!

It will mean the Scott's will need a passport to come to gods country.

For me if they choose independence, it should mean exactly that, no money from our coffers, no military/navy cover, get their own. Independent should mean to stand on your own in all matters.

Figgy

That is right, no naval, army or air force bases to be north of the border, also a nice bill for all the infrastructure we kindly put in for them, like electricity, gas, phone, water, road, rail, air and sea ports. Think you might find the Westminster government invested in a lot.

Ask David Cameron

I take it thats your educated answer then? Scotland may just and I mean just! about balance the books and thats if they could claim and recieve the the income from their (ahem claimed oil ) but thats not going to happen is it, and of course that oil capacity IS starting to reduce, so sorry without the revenue recieved per person via the barnett formula, Scotland with its present spending would soon be bankrupt, thats a fact rather than a risk and one which having spoken to many scots in my industry, they are not even prepared to chance it being "just" a risk.

KW

As I've said Independce is just that. If the vote for it they should be truely Independant no handouts and no nothing and certainly their own passports.

If they want their own country and vote that way, we should sever the umbilical cord overnight.

Same with Wales, want their own Parliment fine should stand on their own then.

Figgy

Careful what you wish for,most of your gas is landed just a couple of miles away from me then piped to England,and also the refineries that make a good percentage of your oil and petrol are also on our haven.

At least we will be warm and have fuel for our cars :)

Careful what you wish for,most of your gas is landed just a couple of miles away from me then piped to England,and also the refineries that make a good percentage of your oil and petrol are also on our haven.

Funny that because we have two refineries on our doorstep and gas pumped ashore at Theddlethorpe..just a few miles from me. :yes:

That being said I am not getting into long drawn out arguments so having a laugh rather than a go at you.

I support the Union but hate the EU.

I would like independence from the EU and to be self governed again which to be fair is what the Scots want (although if still within the EU will they get that) which is why I am staying neutral in this argument rather than be seen to be hypocritical.

I live in the SNP heartland and most folks I speak to cringe when they think about King Alex and his gang of three cronies being in charge of an Independent Scotland .

The Scots are too canny to fall for the skewed rhetoric and damned lies , The Scottish Nazi Party might be here to stay , sadly but I think that Independent Scotland is a bridge too far.

Few words .. lots said ... well done !

Careful what you wish for,most of your gas is landed just a couple of miles away from me then piped to England,and also the refineries that make a good percentage of your oil and petrol are also on our haven.At least we will be warm and have fuel for our cars :)

A lot of gas and oil comes in to the east coast near where I live aswell. I'm sure all the cross country pipelines could be used more if needed.

Figgy

A lot of gas and oil comes in to the east coast near where I live aswell. I'm sure all the cross country pipelines could be used more if needed.

Figgy

Have a google of south hook LNG,I shoot all around the perimeter of this site and it is vast,each holding tank can swallow the Albert hall a few times,it is part of the future of gas imports into this country,and it's in Wales :)

All located on Milford haven port,

Milford Haven is a natural deep water port safely handling over 29% of Britains seaborne trade in oil and gas. Widely recognised as an energy hub, it is the third largest port in the UK and the biggest in Wales.

- See more at: http://www.mhpa.co.uk/#sthash.PuOB7zgi.dpuf

Edited by welsh1

This is a funny one.

I'm presuming the issues for the Scots is will they be better off in or out of The Union? (Or is it more about the "old enemy" and misguided patriotism)

So my question which I haven't seen answered is "will the rest of The Union be better off with a yes vote or not"?

I presume a lot of this depends on the deal but let's crack on with it.

I'm fed up with the whinging about how hard done by Scotland is, has been etc!!! So what the heck PLEASE vote yes!!! Then we can all get on with life!

I hope we stay together. My main reason is if you look at a map of the world and see how small Britain is and think how well we are actually doing in this world, then imagine if it's broken up into smaller parts! We're small enough already thank you. Don't think it will happen anyway.

Like :)

I would like independence from the EU and to be self governed again which to be fair is what the Scots want (although if still within the EU will they get that) which is why I am staying neutral in this argument rather than be seen to be hypocritical.

I agree with being out of the EU but to say to be "self governed is what the Scots want" is making a broad statement. Not all of us do and I for one will be ticking the NO box in September

actually most of our gas comes from russian states or the middle east, and of the gas thats landed in Scotland via pipeline (st fergus) the vast majority is Nowegian gas.

KW

This is a funny one.

I'm presuming the issues for the Scots is will they be better off in or out of The Union? (Or is it more about the "old enemy" and misguided patriotism)

So my question which I haven't seen answered is "will the rest of The Union be better off with a yes vote or not"?

I presume a lot of this depends on the deal but let's crack on with it.

I'm fed up with the whinging about how hard done by Scotland is, has been etc!!! So what the heck PLEASE vote yes!!! Then we can all get on with life!

This made interesting reading!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2424713/Scots-MUST-vote-independence-Itll-save-rest-fortune-says-SIMON-HEFFER.html

I suppose it doesn't count as it was in The Mail?

Ive been living here since 2005 and Im dreading the vote of independence, I do like it here but I have strong ties within England/RoUK. I for one will sure be voting no and if there is a yes vote will be moving back down south as I cant stand SNP or Labour.

I also hate how people here say that westminster/England get more than Scotland, I dont think they realise how good we have it up here we get a hell of a lot more than what they get down in England.

In my opinion it will be mainly the young 35< that will be voting for Independence as Ive asked a few why they want independence and the answer was 'I dont know just do'.

And I also cant work out the sums, how are we going to be able to pay for all the stuff we have already? Oil/gas revenue will not last forever, only higher taxes.

They'll get a yes vote from a few hundred Celtic fans if their lucky.

Think you have it wrong there ma freind .... ,irish team, probably a big no from the rangers fans in my opinion ,but its nice to know there are a few concerned english members on here (that dont stay in scotland) that take the time to voice their opinion on a scottish matter,I shall make my own mind up regarding my vote as i missed out on the last vote to include scotland in the union. :whistling:

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN