what to take camping ?

raphael262

Tent, Beer, Sleeping Bag, Beer, Camp Bed, Beer, Fold out Chair, Beer, Lantern, Beer, Head Torch, Beer, Food, Beer, Stove, Beer, clothes, Beer, pots and pans, Beer, can / bottle opener, Beer, no toilets or shower then take baby wipes, Radio, Beer, Rubbish bags for your empty beer cans, bottle of red wine for the evening, Beer, Imodium, Beer.

Hope that helps Fella :good:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the 'bum in the mud' bike rally a couple of years a go and my friend slept with a girl on site in his tent and told me the next day that when she took her kit off he was nearly sick with the smell in the small confines of his tent in the warm! bare that in mind. (To this day he won't eat mini cheddars)

Heavens above! The mind BOGGLES - do you really have to be quite so graphic!

I am sure that relationship did not last.

Baby wipes are a winner with the women too - they'll come-a-flocking knowing they can clean themselves up in your tent lol.

I was at the 'bum in the mud' bike rally a couple of years a go and my friend slept with a girl on site in his tent and told me the next day that when she took her kit off he was nearly sick with the smell in the small confines of his tent in the warm! bare that in mind. (To this day he won't eat mini cheddars)

Nearly sick! what a blouse , just get stuck in you never know when it might be your last :good:

Heavens above! The mind BOGGLES - do you really have to be quite so graphic!

I am sure that relationship did not last.

Haha sorry, being so un-squeamish I forget others are :-). An no, the relationship was only a one night one...

He has a long term girlfriend now, but at least she regularly washes :-).

Nearly sick! what a blouse , just get stuck in you never know when it might be your last :good:

Don't know if I'd agree with that at the time haha warmth and small atmospheres don't go well at the best of times

Don't forget to try to find a very strange bottle of spirits you can guarantee nobody else will have - i.e proper absinthe or similar so all the girlies see you as a stand out.

Baby wipes are a winner with the women too - they'll come-a-flocking knowing they can clean themselves up in your tent lol.

There will come the day when when he will look upon mini cheddars with warmth and fondness

The sunshine!!!!!!!

Camping great when warm and dry!!

Pis wet through and waking up in a flooded tent is not fun with a 5 year old a mrs and a dog!!!!! Never packed so quick we were of the site by 7 and in the laundrette by 10!!

Edited by chady

Lets see, when we went camping we had a 9 berth 3 season dome tent with bedrooms in pods on the outside of the main living area, the kitchen was in the entrance pod.

Had electric hook up, so we had fridge, electric kettle, toaster, halogen oven, camping stove (2 burners and grill), electric lights, ps2 (plays dvds as well as games), flat screen LCD TV, satellite dish and decoder, toilet, toilet tent, power shower shower (bucket 4 kettles cold water to two kettles hot water), second power shower as a tap in the kitchen, halogen heaters too!

Have I seen you on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

where were going theres no electric at all or toilets hahaha

I suspect the hahaha will be kind of .... well.... muted.... after this nightmare of a celebration.

Are you all MASOCHISTS? It sounds like hell on wheels - but in your case, without even the wheels.

The best of luck - you will need it and please do not bleat about the ghastliness afterwards. You have been warned, doubled, cubed and quadrupled and if you expect your girlfriend to EVER speak to you again, it will cost you VERY dear indeed!

I suspect the hahaha will be kind of .... well.... muted.... after this nightmare of a celebration.

Are you all MASOCHISTS? It sounds like hell on wheels - but in your case, without even the wheels.

The best of luck - you will need it and please do not bleat about the ghastliness afterwards. You have been warned, doubled, cubed and quadrupled and if you expect your girlfriend to EVER speak to you again, it will cost you VERY dear indeed!

ahaha !

Hi

Camping is a bit like insest and country dancing

One of the three things you should never do

Hopefully if you try this you won't try the others

Have a good time

All the best

Of

ohh ive been camping once before ! someone else did all the sorting out and it ****** down with rain for the night woke up in a flooded tent but this may be the final time :lol:

I thought some of my friends were a bit soft taking along extra thick roll mats, then I read PW's suggestions! You're a plank away from 'camping' in a hut with a soft bed :P .

If you're camping on an actual site, they will more than often have half decent facilities including showers and running water so no need to worry about having no water.

Basics include a tent (obviously), sleeping bag, roll mat (dirt cheap in the right places, like a few pounds), at the very least spare undies and socks especially if you're to do any significant walking the day before or after, cooking method such as disposable bbq or trangia (I recommend trangia no end) cooking on a fire is fun, but its an acquired skill and can easily leave you with no food or food poisoning, neither of which is fun. Food, again an obvious one but make it dried or tinned, avoid things that need to be cooled unless you're willing to take a cool box. Basic washing kit, smelly people are no fun. If you take a trangia, you can eat out of the pans. Take a cloth and you can rinse them when done under a water tap. Knife, fork, spoon. Matches and tinder (not the app, something to start a fire with) you should get it all in a rucksack with room to spare for plenty of additional 'fluids' and snacks. Would recommend taking some decent boots too if you have a fire, you'll see why when it comes to it.

I've done plenty of camping, and come across plenty of wet, cold and hungry teenagers who have done camping the wrong way. Don't be one of them!