If I lost my shotgun certificate...

defender

A better option would be for someone with a SGC to take over the guns, but NOT using your safe.

The issue over your safe being used, is there'd be no proof that you'd not had copies of the keys made prior to passing the safe & keys to your SGC-non-safe-owning mate.

(& HOW does someone GET a SGC granted without a safe? I know there is NOT a minimum security standard in law, but SOME security is normally req'd?)

A better option would be for someone with a SGC to take over the guns, but NOT using your safe.

The issue over your safe being used, is there'd be no proof that you'd not had copies of the keys made prior to passing the safe & keys to your SGC-non-safe-owning mate.

(& HOW does someone GET a SGC granted without a safe? I know there is NOT a minimum security standard in law, but SOME security is normally req'd?)

This.

Girlfriend got a SGC if some clay grounds didn't allow non holders to shoot, and If she had any guns they go in my safe, but that's complicated so only me with gun keys

I really can't see any Firearms Officer agreeing to that and nor would I.

yea it was a "straw clutching" idea

You need to be careful about what you say or do. If you are genuinely suffering from stress, your FLO might want to know. If you aren't - and are just saying that to "stick it to the man", it could have consequences.

It was a hypothetical question weighing up the situation. I'd posibly be suffering from stress by the end of my notice, it'd be easier to just walk out and into my new job :good:

It was a hypothetical question weighing up the situation. I'd posibly be suffering from stress by the end of my notice, it'd be easier to just walk out and into my new job :good:

If your present line of work is genuinley making you ill then start looking for a new job sooner rather than later.Getting your certificate revoked needlessly will ultimately backfire on you.

This is an area of major worry and is difficult to manage on a one to one basis by the Police, I'm sure there are many out there( and I'm not referring to you Defender) that do not go and visit their GP with stress/mental health problems because it would probably mean they would have to give up the passion they love. Then you have a problem of someone who needs help but won't get it and is on a downward spiral with a firearm in his possession. Unfortunately the way we approach and generally view mental health problems is still in the dark ages yet we live in a society of pressure which is conclusive to the problem itself.

This is an area of major worry and is difficult to manage on a one to one basis by the Police, I'm sure there are many out there( and I'm not referring to you Defender) that do not go and visit their GP with stress/mental health problems because it would probably mean they would have to give up the passion they love. Then you have a problem of someone who needs help but won't get it and is on a downward spiral with a firearm in his possession. Unfortunately the way we approach and generally view mental health problems is still in the dark ages yet we live in a society of pressure which is conclusive to the problem itself.

Knowing some who is suffering currently from work induced stress (enough to create seizures) I agree, NHS prescribe drugs and send you packing Private patients get a rest on the sofa and a chat! I have always found the better thing to go fishing or shooting for a few days, weeks, months or years LOL

As someone who has recently had his sgc revoked I can only say don't give them any more reason than they may find anyway. I.e. Don't go off sick with stress just to stick it to your old boss.

It seems they don't need much reason to cause you a major head ache.

happens more often than you think...

devon and cornwall will grant a cert without a safe being in place, but if you buy a gun before installing one and having it inspected your in the brown stuff.

Is this the new bad back get out of work card or a genuin bout of depression ??? if its the latter then fine you would need proffesional advice, and there aint many on here that can give that, a few maybe :yes:

But if its just a way of wagging off work for some extra paid then man up hand your notice in and leave.

I dont agree in wagging days off sorry,

You don't need a safe to have a shotgun licence any more than you need a car in order to have a driving licence. There are lots of reasons you might want a licence without having a cabinet.

everyone is assuming the OP would lose his SGC if he said he suffered from depression/anxiity, is this down to what the doctors report says or fact that this condition means the end of your sgc no matter what the report says

Work stress, was thinking of handing in my notice and going off sick with stress/anxiety to "stick it to the man" :) ,

but thats the kind of thing that could potentialy get my SGC revoked so I'm better toughing it out.

:thanks::good:

everyone is assuming the OP would lose his SGC if he said he suffered from depression/anxiity, is this down to what the doctors report says or fact that this condition means the end of your sgc no matter what the report says

No body should be assuming anything really as its in the above reply from the topic starter. Its a case of

"can i have a load of time off work because i dont like my gaffer" by using stress as an excuse. and possibly put a claim in to while he's at it :rolleyes:

Now thats an assumption :yes: