Small Heart Attack.. Gutted

djgeoff

I had to have a stent put in about 8 years ago I think that in many ways it was a good thing as we here all of the time about people just having a big hart attack and they are dead if they had had a worning shot like I got then they would probably still be with us now all it takes is a couple of stents and take some pills and you can live for ever :good:

Spot-on! :yes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must be happy with you to have let you home awaiting the angiogram . Maybe the enzyme test showed normal levels ? . Everyone gets angios now . There is no substitute for seeing your coronary arteries on x ray so you can have the right treatment . Or no treatment even . All the best .

I Totally agree with you and its amazing what they can really do with heart conditions now as a lad I know of 34 years old was taken ill at work and taken to hospital by ambulance where they did some die test which showed up two blockages and as the cardiologist was on duty whisked him in to theatre and under a local anaesthetic put fine wires up into the arteries in question and cleared them!! the lad said he was amazed how well he felt as soon as they had cleared the blockages and after a few hours observation was sent home.

He actually told us he enjoyed the whole experience :oops: anyway he says he is fitter now than he has ever been and loves life to the full and he was always active and not over weight a non smoker and hardly drank so it can happen to anyone I suppose.

I Totally agree with you and its amazing what they can really do with heart conditions now as a lad I know of 34 years old was taken ill at work and taken to hospital by ambulance where they did some die test which showed up two blockages and as the cardiologist was on duty whisked him in to theatre and under a local anaesthetic put fine wires up into the arteries in question and cleared them!! the lad said he was amazed how well he felt as soon as they had cleared the blockages and after a few hours observation was sent home.

He actually told us he enjoyed the whole experience :oops: anyway he says he is fitter now than he has ever been and loves life to the full and he was always active and not over weight a non smoker and hardly drank so it can happen to anyone I suppose.

That sounds like an angiogram and angioplasty . Coronary arteries do not show on x ray so a narrow tube injects a dye selectively into the 2 main arteries having passed it via the wrist or leg artery . I spend rather alot of my working life in these places and have the bad back to show for it . You have to wear lead gear all day because of x ray safety . Interesting work tho

That sounds like an angiogram and angioplasty . Coronary arteries do not show on x ray so a narrow tube injects a dye selectively into the 2 main arteries having passed it via the wrist or leg artery . I spend rather alot of my working life in these places and have the bad back to show for it . You have to wear lead gear all day because of x ray safety . Interesting work tho

Had 2 angiograms and angioplasty first time 15years ago last litme April this year. It is a big blast of radiation as you say not sure what damamge it causes but ny docter says it will be many years before I would be safe to have the procedure again.

Had 2 angiograms and angioplasty first time 15years ago last litme April this year. It is a big blast of radiation as you say not sure what damamge it causes but ny docter says it will be many years before I would be safe to have the procedure again.

X ray safety is rigorous but unlikely to prevent you having repeat treatment if you needed it . You would not get anywhere near dangerous doses in normal circumstances . Staff wear lead gear because they are there day in day out .

Hurry up and get yourself fit,I like beating you at clays

I'm sure it won't be long before the docs sort you out

Now THAT is a top post :lol: :lol: :good:

Geoff! My old man had 3 heart attacks "of the non killing variety" two were AFTER angioplasty. He then went in for a multiple bypass! Years of smoking and poor diet caught up with him. After the surgery, He is a different man! Fit as a flea.

After the first attack, Dad turned into a grey shadow of himself. The angioplasty gave him a little get up and go! Then he had a further two. This left him in a right state!

He got an appointment for his op and was bricking it. When we seen him after it! My god I wanted to break down. The scars on his chest were horrific. Then of course his legs where they took the veins from to grapht were bad. Not just straight cuts :no: zig zags.

But looking at him NOW! Wow. As people have said, the procedures and staff now to.deal with heart problems is first rate!

I got my REAL dad back! Still here and getting on great!

Of course I will be back in this again soon as my Son has heart disease and will need a valve replaced. Not looking forward to see him go in. But knowing the procedure has a 99.9% rate I look forward to having him a picture of health!

ATVB for a speedy recovery!

• 3 weeks later...

well update 4 ya

had the angigram thingy done, all good in the hood heart pumping away like a goodun, no narrowing of the pipes, they just said there are signs of it starting so keep on the satins an asprin and jack the fags up.

still no explanation to the chest pain i had and what could have caused it, so up to now ive been told small heart attack, an infection of sorts, today they said a discrepancy in my blood count so who knows?

few days rest now then ill be out there shootin away again

Good news indeed, just by way of a confidence booster. I had a heart attack 14 years ago, was in hospital for a week and now I am on aspirin, statins, beta blockers and something

unpronounceable for blood pressure. Have a yearly MOT and twice yearly BP check.

Not had a problem since, no angina or anything.

So young Geoff it looks good for you............however fags have got to go and watch the diet.

Good luck matey ATVB

Bri

I had my heart attack ten years after I'd stopped smoking. I have no doubt that it was my smoking that caused it and I doubt I would have survived if I had still been smoking at the time.

It took me a year to stop but I left it as long as possible before I had my first of the day and, eventually, it worked.

Best wishes and good health:-)

Hey mate hope you are good, my old friend has had 3 heart attacks, has had one kidney removed due to cancer, and still gets out to shoot a few pigeons with me, i am the oldest at 71 so i get to do the hide biulding and putting the decoys out. Get out there and enjoy yourself. ATB Dave