Scafell pike today

Wiggum

Well done decent time four hours. Hate the feeling of being in a Tupperware bowl effect of low cloud.

I know what you mean the trig points were quite had to see today and with 60/70 mph wind gusts on the summit it was quite challenging just to stay on your feet.

I did all three in 1968 and 1969 twice in 24hrs, on one of the trips we started Nevis in a blizzard and had a white out on the top. - interesting :good::) None of this breathable Gortex stuff then. Cotton anoraks and oliskins :sad1:

Edited by Fisheruk

We did the three peaks challenge four years ago, 22hrs 48mins, done scafell a few times and found it the toughest by far, the last time i reached the summit was a 2am ish and its much easier in the dark when you cant see how steep it is lol.

Im too fat to climb the stairs now lol

Ps, those jumbo sausage rolls in the cafe on top of snowdon are well worth the climb, i once ate six of them as quickly as the young lady could pass them across the counter and i felt sick all the way back down lol.

Edited by mel b3