UKIP - merged threads

lee-kinsman

Never said that, :no: that's your take not mine, its just strange that the **** heads who I dislike are the ones who are up their own Harris's, the ones who bash those on benefits at each and every opportunity (cherry bobs in the scheme of the welfare budget) whilst at the same time applauding the big boys who avoid or simply evade paying their dues.

They are also the ones who love the ability to exploit cheap imported labour at the cost of driving down wages and making the ability of our youth to build a home's and families based on a living wage now just about impossible, they are the ones I have no time for funny how they tend to be tory's :yes:

KW

Sorry just woke up and walked into this nightmare of a post...

KW you should look back through your last 500 odd posts of the last 5 years or so and then tell me where I might have bashed people on benefits, lauded people for tax evasion or exploited cheap labour...

If there is any one who constantly posts on this forum just to court confrontation and then post vexatious and inflammatory comments then its you.

You must have been through some serious **** in your lifetime to be affected in this way.

Sincerely hope you can find some peace with yourself and come to terms with it. :)

Really am going to sleep now that's enough Politics for Five years..

Good night all.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FalconFn - I am concerned with the effects of unlimited immigration. That is not xenophobic.

There is no easy way to say it - you are as thick as two short planks. Your grasp of the English language is basic to be polite

Oh we noticed all right :yes: most of the **** in it was from you, even after you bowed out and had your ha ha ha famous last word on it :whistling: what did they call archers book about the cons? ah that's it Honour Amongst Thieves. sleep tight it just may be your last night under your con men rule PLEEEEEASE.

KW

YOu must have read a different book KW, you did read it didn't you?

The economy, education and NHS will survive under any government. They are side issues to me. I worry what the country will be like for my grandchildren, with unlimited immigration.

I believe this is where the major difference between kippers and the rest of the electorate is. What you see as side issues are of paramount importance to the rest of us, and you seem to lose sleep over something that really is not such a big issue (in absolute numbers but also in severity and impact on social, financial and public life).

But education ,economy and nhs are all tied to immigration,you cannot try to fix one without the other as they all interplay.

Sure, there is a tiny influence. But that is all. Tiny...

My argument that ther above are hugely influenced by other factors like good financial management, investment, social and public wellbeing etc.

FalconFn - I am concerned with the effects of unlimited immigration. That is not xenophobic.There is no easy way to say it - you are as thick as two short planks. Your grasp of the English language is basic to be polite

No it isn't, I'm concerned with the effects of unlimited immigration too; on the economy, NHS and education because they are real issues. What are your main issues Gordy? Please don't say housing is your biggest concern for your grandkids? Or would it be that all the immigrants are taking the best carer jobs?

Sure, there is a tiny influence. But that is all. Tiny...

My argument that ther above are hugely influenced by other factors like good financial management, investment, social and public wellbeing etc.

But immigration has an effect on the three mentioned,the nhs and education are struggling in parts of the country to keep up with the influx, it was never planned for and the expansion of those services will take many years and cannot at this moment in time keep up.

The economy is a double eddged sword, if the country is doing well we have an influx of people,if the economy falls that influx tend to stay as the economy they left has probably fallen,so we have a situation where more benefits are paid,and you then start the spiral into the nhs and other agencies.

The trouble we have is there hasn't been good financial management,and a lack of investment in social and public amenities,And each government has tried to make cuts in all these areas blaming the ones before.

Short term fixes for long term problems is not the answer, but politicians don't seem to want to make those long term plans anymore.

I employ a small proportion foreign workers on the industry agreed rate..They are brilliant, don't moan, or complain, just listen, learn and work like Trojans, contrast this with your average British sloth and any Employer would be a fool not to employ them.

Camerons policies as hard as they may seem have created genuine opportunity for employment for millions in the last 5 years, whether your average British worker wants to take advantage of that is of course an issue for another topic. In my experience they are beset with apathy, blaming the migrants is the easy way of justifying their laziness. I'm bloody sure if I had 3 children and a mortgage I would do my upmost to find employment rather than sit at home and blame it on someone only looking to improve their life.

Many believe migrant workers, and foreign skillsets have radically improved Britains culture, employment and commerce in the last 50 years and I must agree ...

You should be grateful for them, conversely if we had none UKIP would have no reason to exist, because lets face it, its the fundamental basis of their manifesto.

The NHS would grind to a halt overnight if it wasn't for the migrant workers and that's a fact.

Hi FM, I understand where you're coming from but need to point out a couple of things.

Firstly you are right there are a lot of bone idle Brits who are perfectly capable of doing the jobs that are taken up by immigrants. UKIP should focus on this group first- perhaps immigration would drop naturally if less opportunities were available because the natives already had them filled. However we are in a cycle where the genuine home grown good eggs are competing for ever lower wages with people from other countries with poorer economies, where their money will go further so they can afford to accept lower wages. Of course this suits you and other employers, but it doesn't help with solving the depressed wages issue. Result: increased immigration and proportionally less tax income to support those who would work but find they're better off on benefits. I don't know enough about universal credit to comment but suspect it'll not fix this elephant in the room.

I personally do not feel threatened by immigration due to the nature of my work but I take a wider view that if the depressed wages issue for many is not addressed then we all have a problem in ever increasing welfare bills (paid for by taxes). Solutions from the mainstream parties that do not involve national bankruptcy, immigration controls or vote losing acceptance of long term lower living standards aren't exactly abundant.

Also your comment about the NHS collapsing overnight without immigrants is absolutely right. Except UKIP do not pledge to bar skilled immigrants from coming so it is a flawed argument.

M

Edited by margun

What about important things lauch as who is going to serve me my soya, decaf, cappuccino if we ban unskilled European staff? Let's get some perspective here.

Or do they count as skilled?

I think you'll find those sectors already have a large percentage of foreign workers in the UK.

I would recommend that the European states start sending over their bankers, lawyers, executives etc, and all the other, high earners over here for work, then see who starts moaning about a foreign workforce stealing their jobs?

Whatever the issues, some just don't see the bigger picture or the future. Lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing, more so than a little.

That said - it is Polling Day. I trust everyone will vote according to their own conscience and not because of some patronising idiot on TV, trying to tell us the future is safe in their hands. Good luck to all and I hope posters get what they wanted.

My last contribution to the thread, before what promises to be an historic election.

Let's not forget that the 'numpty' that made those 'between the eyes' comments was a Tory party member for some 20 odd years first. There's good and bad everywhere , in every party - of course, none of the Labour, Liberal Democrat or Tory MP's and candidates have ever done anything rascist, or been charged or accused with lying and fiddling expenses, tax avoidance or good heavens, paedophilia have they. Oh hang on...

Locally I could vote for the incumbent Tory MP, who has done a good job of securing 3000 new homes for the building company that he acts as 'paid advisor' for (no hint of corruption or self interest there then) or could vote for the UKIP micro brewery owner (understands the problems facing small businesses) who arguably has a better grasp on the issues facing our children and their education (works part-time at a school for children with severe epilipsy) and is a member of the local parish council (understands issues facing local communities at grass roots levels).

Hmmm. Which way did this former Tory voter swing :hmm: ...

I should add to that that I'm the son of immigrants from Europe that had professional skills and came here to work.

Edited by mick miller

Well after a lot of soul searching and re reading FM's comments i made the hard decision to vote for the Tory's,sorry if i let people down but i just couldn't go through with it.

Then i woke up from the nightmare i was having and voted for the only party that matters UKIP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently there has a been a massive faux pas up north as the UKIP candidate was left of the ballot paper but voters were urged to keep voting. Haven't read it all but here it is - http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12937373.UPDATED__Ukip_candidate_missed_off_Darlington_ballot_papers_at_one_polling_station___but_voters_urged_to_keep_voting/?ref=twtrec

I'll read it later when I get chance :-)

Candidate even!