Barn Owl in flight

poontang

I popped out a couple of days ago in the hope of catching the local Grebe's displaying at my local reservoir. They weren't really playing ball but I managed a quick shot of them exchanging some weed pulled up from a nearby reed bed...

IMGP7453.jpg

Shortly afterwards I caught a glimpse of a Kestrel dropping into a nearby tree, and just managed a distant shot before he took to the air again...

IMGP7514_1.jpg

I was quite chuffed with some of the activity around the area, and was lucky to catch a nice Chaffinch sunning himself in a nearby churchyard...

IMGP7527.jpg

After a quick drive around I arrived back at the reservoir. I hadn't been out of the car for more than 2 minutes when something caught my eye over the meadow grass which borders the waters edge. The sun was going down, and there was a chill to the evening air, but it didn't seem to bother this chap...

IMGP7539.jpg

IMGP7540.jpg

IMGP7541.jpg

IMGP7538.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photo's as much as I enjoyed taking them.

I have a Barn owl comes to see me when I'm in the high seat. When I'm not there he leaves his calling sign (pellet) just to let me know he's about. My High seat is at Colchester the other side of the A120 from Ardleigh res, is that where you took the pics.

Cracking pics makes me want to take my Camera with me next time.

Cheers Steve.

• 3 weeks later...