K Pieterson

digger

Surely it's not a case of building around one man but picking the best player for the job. Why not pick a man on form?

Not picked because of "trust issues" but still a massive part of the one day scene??? Doesn't seem to make sense to me but hey what do I know?!?!? Plenty of others in the cricket world with the same opinion though.

Edd

Personally think he should be in the test squad and team but think the ECB probably did it all on purpose to teach him a lesson.

Not that it will be admitted.

Also think Vaughan should have got the roll as he played a far better type of game than Strauss

Don't think much will change unless the new coach is given a free reign and wants to play positive cricket.

Trouble is who is the most positive batsmen?

Yes the one that isn't allowed to be picked!

We are the laughing stock of world cricket.

Personally I think there's a certain amount of snobbery involved in the upper echelons of most sports, and if you upset those in positions of authority then politics plays its part regardless of ability. It's just my impression and I don't mind being wrong.

It must be heartbreakingly frustrating to have the ability to represent ones country and be denied because you've upset someone. Despite what others may think of him, if he has the ability he should be playing, in my opinion.

So you're a race horse stable owner, and your best nag bites other horses and kicks a few stable lads/lasses.

Would you leave it out of the Derby or national because he's been a naughty boy off the course?

What about Suarez? OK.... You can never condone him biting anyone, but are liverpool suffering? Barcelona certainly aren't!

If ya face fits?

Far too much of a disruptive figure in the dressing room. That also bore true when he was captain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/10950204/Andrew-Strauss-keeps-Sky-job-despite-his-obscene-abuse-of-Kevin-Pietersen-on-air.html

Ability wise, he has/had his faults (scratching around like an old hen when fresh in, wanting to dominate the bowler all the time) but is a talent at the crease none the less. However, cricket is more than just a singular figure and he is just not worth the negatives he brings.

And he's a cock.

Far too much of a disruptive figure in the dressing room. That also bore true when he was captain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/10950204/Andrew-Strauss-keeps-Sky-job-despite-his-obscene-abuse-of-Kevin-Pietersen-on-air.html

Ability wise, he has/had his faults (scratching around like an old hen when fresh in, wanting to dominate the bowler all the time) but is a talent at the crease none the less. However, cricket is more than just a singular figure and he is just not worth the negatives he brings.

And he's a cock.

This sums it up.

Cricket is a team sport, he isn't a team player, he is by all accounts completely self obsessed and would destabilise the team

Yes he hit a load of runs at the weekend but doesn't change a thing.

Should never have played again after the Strauss texts

These 2

Once not selected he has proceeded to slag them off all over again.....Would never pick him again

What example does it give to the youngsters if he is selected.....yes you can be a proper **** and still get picked?.......NO

:shaun:

Good comments from both sides. I think he's the epitome of a mercenary. During the world cup warm up he offered to play for an Aussie side against England. He didn't play for Surrey today due to some spurious injury and flies out to India on Friday to play the silly pyjama noise fest league. No loyalty to any thing other than money sadly. His record as captain in the last IPL season was dire, his innings over the weekend was against a team that hasn't won for two years and he was dropped five times in his knock. as a Surrey fan I'm glad to see him go. As an England fan I hope his next flight is Delhi to joburg and he stays in his native country and invites his bosom buddy Piers Morgan to live with him.

Good player or not he should have never have played for England, purely on the bais that he is a South African. I would rather England loose than win with a team of foreign mercenaries.

And what of the new top man in the ECB? Edited by twitchynik

Like wise. My personal opinion is that if a player came to the UK as a child and then became a pro later on fair enough, but if a person came here with the sole intention to play sport professionally then they should never qualify, ie Kevin Pietersen

And he's a cock.

This. He's showing some form now, but you book him in for a few tests, and should his form drop, then thereafter all hell will break loose as he screws the whole squad up and over, and the world then says 'why did they put that lady's front bottom back in the squad?'

Edited by Mungler

And, Ballance, root and bell have all shown form in the last series and look set as a unit. I feel sorry for KP - but only so far! He's clearly lost the trust and will of the ECB. Graves was a fool to dangle the carrot, but i have to say, it's fair play to Strauss for sticking to his guns.