films that should be remade

neillfrbs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with remakes of period films is that unless you set it the original time frame it dose not work .

The 1950 French film "The wages of fear " was remade in the 70's ,the distributor bought the rights to the original to prevent it from being shown as the remake was so bad . To much CGI in my opinion takes away from reality . You could not set something like Casablanca in any other setting than the original time frame so why bother ?

Film 4 is showing [again] The Day the Earth Stood Still , OK the original had some ropey SPFX but it was a much better film over all possibly because in the original the earth did stand still , something that I seemed to have missed in the remake .

Remakes I would like to see would be Metropolis and Went the day Well .

they did it was called flesh Gordon :) however after just watching the latest Mad max I am now on the side that says make em just the once.

KW

Flesh Gordon and the cosmic cheerleaders lol, not even a decent B movie lol, oh how I laughed at that one absolute carp lol

Atb

Flynny

Waterloo is an excellent idea. With modern CGI it could be fantastic.

Not Zulu though. I mean, who would you cast to play Chard and Bromhead that could top Baker and Caine`s performances?

Yes I completely agree with you about the actors- Baker and Caine, well, they played the roles so well. Maybe if it did happen, it'd be a make it or break it situation.

still with new Special Effects etc it'd be good too see I think anyway

CARBINE WILLIAMS......(MGM 1952 B&W)

.....this time with Ross Beard (biographer) and me( Britain's foremost expert on his life, according to Ross Beard) writing the screenplay.

Williams' invention of the floating chamber, enabled the first 'automatic' shotguns to function with a stationary, fixed, non-recoiling barrel.

The Winchester Model 50 and 59 hit the market well before the others.