What does everyone do for a living?

NorfolkAYA

A chap yesterday delivered a log cabin for my garden and was telling me that his company are doing really well, but limited in being able to grow any more because they are struggling to get an additional delivery driver and sometimes cabin installer, he just delivered mine.

The pay is above average for the role apparently, but because the job involves some overnight stays nobody is up for it.

He gets to drive all over the country and after the truck is loaded he is his own boss, he has a reasonable schedule and the job is fairly interesting, yet people just don't want that number. I found it completely bizarre as I thought it would be a great job, but apparently nobody wants to do it.

More power to your elbow Mel for making the right job decision for you and your family.

PM me details of the firm - to say I'll do ANY job that will enable me to reloacate away from the "Forth Reich" is an understatement - so knowing my luck they'll be in Glasgow!!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whisper nicely and they might come out

I'm always nice :)

PM me details of the firm - to say I'll do ANY job that will enable me to reloacate away from the "Forth Reich" is an understatement - so knowing my luck they'll be in Glasgow!!

They are based in Tamworth according to my paperwork. I shall send you the details.

I share your concern about the "Fourth Reich" too.

Left school today become a moulder/coremaker in a foundry, joined the army and was booted out on medical grounds, made furniture, barman, grouse beater, had big accident and trained in computing, became a transport manager in road haulage, had another big accident, did more computer training, can no longer work now due to the effects of my injuries. Still fix computers, made fishing flies and bird nesting boxes on my good days, write quizzes, dabble in chutney and pickle making, annoy people on this and other forums, known to judge Outer Hebridean Groin Clenching competitions, fallopian tube tuner for Mariah Carey, Victoria Beckham smile coach, Ronseal applicator for David Dickinson and cultural advisor to Kate Hopkins.

Squaddie AND an Airman? Rare these days

Which Bakery for Warburtons?

:shaun:

4 years Army in the Signals, doing the same job overall as techs but I didn't have the qualifications to be a tech. Left after my 3+1 and applied for RAF (tech), Navy (Tiffy - passed the tests but I had to be signed on before my 21st birthday - my last day of service in the Army was the day before my 21st!); Police and Prison service - the only one I didn't get was the Police technically but took the Air Force as a Telecomms tech for 9 years

Meanwhile I was working as a second man delivering Guiness around the North West

Warburtons was working out of Bicester untill they had a new bakery built in London. First time I drove a truck (on the roads) was delivering bread around East London!! That was a bloody experience.

Funny enough, a few years latter I nearly had work to design a one off solution for the Labs in Bolton for Warburtons however the person wanting IT then left the company to go elsewhere so the project died

This should help any who haven't worked out what I do

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=dd7c56df6292305916571179ef00c2aa&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=320830&p=2907008&md5check=80da71d0ff132be1e9b3f81362d1214e&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,7ESal5CTsEs');//]]></script> E4050DDE-B19B-4AF5-8E88-724AF7734004_zps&&0

Of

You lay concrete, .............. badly ? :hmm: