Paris

poontang

Seems like the French capital is under attack at the moment.

Confusing reports at moment but at least 18 dead after bomb blasts and automatic gunfire in streets and at a restaurant. French police reporting that hostages being held at a theatre too.

Gunmen still on the loose.

Live on news channels now if anyone wants to keep up to date with happenings.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

afraid so far 26 dead ,a Korean restaurant ,and a bar near Stade Francais where the French president is watching the match,.lone gunman done the most killing .sad night .thought go out to the families of the murdered .was this in response to all the terror arrests yesturday

Edited by clakk

As I've grown up I now realise the effects of people dying. Those poor parents, wife's,husbands, children missing someone tonight and knowing they won't return.

It makes me have stomach ache for those involved . The mad thing is that the people killed might even of agreed with these nutters.

My Thoughts for those families involved.

News saying it looks like 5 other incidents possible .

Currently 35 dead and 100 hostages

It looks like the French have closed the countries borders and the country has almost been put on a war footing. It was only the other night on the news that there were armed police trying to stop a mass charge by around 6000 immigrants trying to storm the tunnel entrance. Other countries are looking at their borders also. If everyone goes into lock down where are all of the thousands of migrants that are scattered all across Europe going to be kept as the colder winter weather closes in. All of this is going to end up in a lot of tears and bloodshed. Events like tonight will undoubtedly become more common as hostilities and tensions rise. Governments cant just keep printing money like confetti to support all of this structure.

I was out all day and just saw this. I think this is a terrible, terrible thing, and the worse thing is that cowardly attacks like these (and the ones earlier this year as well as the one in London and Melbourne) are so easy to prepare and impossible to predict or react to on time. It is a really sad realisation to see it so plain and raw just how exposed we all are to events so barbaric, so brutal, yet so easy to carry out and so hard to predict or react to that terrifies me. Now is the time to look at what exposed us to this madness, and actually do something about it, rather than having to relive this again soon (as I fear we might). My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.

That is absolutely horrendous news. :/ Was it a bomb attack in the concert hall?

Canal+ reporter on MSNBC: Witness in theater says that the moment the attacker arrived they started shooting without saying a word. After firing on the crowd one of the attackers set off a bomb strapped to his body

Edited by Danger-Mouse