bacon and eggs a food made in heaven

islandgun

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a half stottie opened like a pocket with 4 bacon 2 sausage 2eggs tomato, beans, brown sauce and mushrooms was a common feature to Gosforth Autos "scrap yard" was £1.50 and enough to keep you going all day.

Which reminds me! Savaloy, pease pudding and stuffing in a bun with the top dipped in the savaloy juices :yes:

pease pudding. I haven't had that for years. I thought it was a southern thing. Boiled bacon and pease pudding. yummy

Wikipedia says the same. How on earth have I been eating northern food.

wash your mouth out with Chablis and nibble on a quails egg to rid yourself of the filthy filthy northern goodness.

Pease pudding stops at the border, but probably only because we couldn't deep fry it.

Beef dripping on toast with the jelly, or a slice of bread dunked into the hot cooking juices rof a roast beef joint and then a liberal sprinkling of sea salt.

Oh Phil......you have hit the nail on the head for a running snack,

Bacon and egg sarnie on fresh white bread for breakfast.....

Chip shop round here used to deep fry their pies,

Not had them since it changed hands.....

:shaun:

Egg, bacon, sausage, with a potato waffle on white bread with a good helping of sea salt and ketchup with a cup of tea. Breakfast of Champions!!

What I like to do now is the "Manwich". Basically whatever you can get ur hands on from the fridge, provided there's lots of meat in it you can't go wrong. Usally takes place at the end of a heavy night.

If you can, fry your eggs in goose fat too, don't need a lot but it just does something fantastic to it!

Right i'm stopping now.....making myself hungry.

ATB

Sausage, bacon eggs, mushrooms, toast. And a large mug of tea.

All cooked on the shovel in a fire of a steam loco........bliss, and luckily I get the chance to do it most weekends!

My dad told me he had never tasted anything better,when he was a fireman in the fifties on a steam loco,before he was an engine driver, your a lucky man

Starting to see why we always have the annual pigeon watch weight loss thread :good::lol:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned a proper good steak... tried a few dry aged ones lately and they're bloody lovely! Especially with all the sides, peppercorn sauce, chips, onion rings and mushrooms mmm

Fish and chips on a cold day with lots of salt n vinegar and tomato ketchup

Or I am partial atm to a proper good chilli , especially when warmed up the next day!