bacon and eggs a food made in heaven

islandgun

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the basic combinations are the best, ham and eggs, digestive biscuit and cheddar cheese, ready salted crisps on a buttered roll, beer and peanuts, gin and tonic, soft boiled eggs and toast dippers, scone, jam and clotted cream, etc

I though a pie roll was peculiar to some parts of Scotland.

That will be a deep fried suet pie

Bacon and eggs takes some beating in my opinion, but as a lad my Dad used to make what he called a 'cheese dream'. It is basically a fried bread cheese sandwich, but it has to be done in the fat that has fried at least a couple of weeks worth of bacon and eggs. It is unbelievably delicious and you can feel your arteries panicking just looking at it. :yes:

Most of the above sounds good, one of my favourite "emergency teas" when we have got no time or a crucial ingredient is missing/mouldy/frozen is a big bowl of pasta, butter, black pepper and some cheese.

Although the fish, chips and mushy peas we all had after a wet keepers day on Friday went down well!

just completed a large plate of smoked bacon and free range eggs (the sort were the yoke leaves a thick smear all over the plate) and wondered what, if any food combos others prefer. digestive biscuits and hot tea are pretty good as well :yes:

yum!

flash fried parma ham and gull eggs are a bit of a treat, but my all time favourite are pancakes and maple syrup.

bacon, fried egg, tattie scone all in a fresh morning well fired roll with a dash of HP brown sauce. also sometimes add a bit of fried banana although it becomes a little messy

on a similar line try and have a look on the tube for baby & bacon it will make you laugh and maybe desire a piece of bacon . I cant upload from work as the nanny watch wont allow me

Im waiting on fatcatsplat ! to say " foie gras de provence on a toasted thin slice of hand made pain de campagne" :)

Whilst waiting on the cultured contribution of fatcatsplat, how about baked Vacherin Mont d'Or cheese with finocchiona salami, pickled walnuts, cornichons and focaccio crocacante alle olive e rosmarino?

continental fusion giving a stylish cheese, ham & pickle on toast.

Edited by grrclark

surprised no-one from up north has said ..."full stottie"...........or is that just a snack............(i could just manage a half stottie )

a half stottie opened like a pocket with 4 bacon 2 sausage 2eggs tomato, beans, brown sauce and mushrooms was a common feature to Gosforth Autos "scrap yard" was £1.50 and enough to keep you going all day.

Which reminds me! Savaloy, pease pudding and stuffing in a bun with the top dipped in the savaloy juices :yes:

Edited by Lord Geordie