Airsoft

Davyo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very true. It's a good job we aren't judged by others by the way we dress and what we do.......oh, hang on a minute.

lol. Well said. At least they`re sniping with toy guns not a keyboard. :ninja:

Fair play to the airsoft bunch. If that`s what they like doing, who am I to criticise them. I dare say it`s a good laugh and I`d give it a go with my mates.

You need to get yourselves to the shooting show this coming week end, but for the love of our sport please remove any of the badges, "T" shirts or anything that's traceable back to "PigeonWatch" before you enter that section of the show.

The last few shows there have been PW security taking photos of any member entering the air soft section, and they have been exhibited on here for all to see. Don't say you have not been warned :)

post-2987-0-90145000-1454777615_thumb.jpg

This guy used to be one of the mods on here, but now he's just an ordinary guy. with a past. an "airsoft past"

Edited by Dougy

the sniping looks like a giggle.

had a go at paint balling once, it was a so funny we had a team of hunting and shooting country lads and lass's against a team of weekend warriors with one or two of them being real hard men with a paint ball gun in their hand. The first 5 minutes consisted of our team shooting each other at close range to see if it was painful. The last game to use up any left over paint balls my boy did in jeans and a tee shirt witch turned out to be a good move as when he went any where near someone from the other team they ran away :lol: (mine you i don't blame them)

Wonder how popular this is, I've been thinking of ideas of the old part of our farm, 2 huge cattle holding barns, Dutch barns, parlour and huge milking area, plus the yard itself, big area.

At the mo we make a nominal fee for hay/straw storage.

One of the farms I shoot on rents out a small wood to a guy who runs an air soft site.The guy has put a lot of time and money into it with built up areas,cars disguised as armoured cars trenches and shell holes dug all over.The trenches and shell holes make walking around there in the dark a bit dodgy. Edited by mr smith

airsoft is for girls, paint ball is the way to go, you don't walk about waiting to get shot and you know when your hit, my boys dragged me out last year and made me a bit of a hero having to lift me shirt and drop me pants to show the 32 plum sizes bruises to their mates. :lol:

airsoft is for girls, paint ball is the way to go, you don't walk about waiting to get shot and you know when your hit, my boys dragged me out last year and made me a bit of a hero having to lift me shirt and drop me pants to show the 32 plum sizes bruises to their mates. :lol:

Apparently YOU do!

Went paintballing for my stag, got stitched up royally, white t-shirt with target rings on and a bright red wig, I'm almost as broad as I am tall, and made a great target, apparently. End of the day, only my mate Claire hadn't shot me, so we pooled our ammo, loaded her up, and I got a 15 yard start before she was allowed to fire. No way she'll get me, I thought, as I lumbered away.

Five in the back, elbow, fingertip ( which smarts), back of knee, and the piece de resistance, one which slipped between my huge prop forward thighs and took me right in the back of the sack, dropping me like a poleaxed bullock.

Took her clay pigeon shooting after that, turns out she's a natural shot. Wish I'd known before I agreed to play target drone.

Went paintballing for my stag, got stitched up royally, white t-shirt with target rings on and a bright red wig, I'm almost as broad as I am tall, and made a great target, apparently. End of the day, only my mate Claire hadn't shot me, so we pooled our ammo, loaded her up, and I got a 15 yard start before she was allowed to fire. No way she'll get me, I thought, as I lumbered away.

Five in the back, elbow, fingertip ( which smarts), back of knee, and the piece de resistance, one which slipped between my huge prop forward thighs and took me right in the back of the sack, dropping me like a poleaxed bullock.

Took her clay pigeon shooting after that, turns out she's a natural shot. Wish I'd known before I agreed to play target drone.

Haha.

I know a bloke at work who does it. He's a typical weirdo. He reckons his rifle and scope cost over a grand!! He got talking to me one day before he knew i was into shooting. "I've got a remmi 700 and leupold scope." He told me it was 6mm, so im thinking .243 or 6mm PPC! He tried to tell me the BB's are supersonic and it reaches out to 300 yards!! It took me some time to explain it's not a real rifle!! I'm sure he thinks he's in the SAS.

I know a bloke at work who does it. He's a typical weirdo. He reckons his rifle and scope cost over a grand!! He got talking to me one day before he knew i was into shooting. "I've got a remmi 700 and leupold scope." He told me it was 6mm, so im thinking .243 or 6mm PPC! He tried to tell me the BB's are supersonic and it reaches out to 300 yards!! It took me some time to explain it's not a real rifle!! I'm sure he thinks he's in the SAS.

Funny, 300 yards lol, a common mistake with all shooters. Getting the yards mixed up with the feet. Lol

Been having a look into this due to my son mentioning an intrest,from the little bit ive read at the monent The bb's come in different weights and some are bio degradeable,6mm.The ones ive looked at can travel 100mtrs per second and very accurate (seems to be a lot of tuning so sime may be way over 100mtrs)The other European countries seem to be a fair bit more sensible than the UK as not aiming for the face/head.Price wise for a decent Bb they seem to be anyware from £150 to £900.Didnt realise it was that popular,just thought it was a step up from paint balling.I thought all the expence has stopped when i handed in my FAC/SGC.Looks like its going to be an expensive ride,hes ordered £200 worth if safty gear and clothing already.Havent even started with a rifle and pistol LOL

If that's true I'm getting one so I can Have an FAC rifle without the need for a license :-)

Apparently YOU do!

Ha, ha, but I wasn't standing still, for some reason I entered into a crazed Rambo moment, running for flags, giving my loaded gun to those who were empty and generally just barrel rolling in mud and screaming, brilliant fun, can makes your eyes water though. :lol::lol::lol:

Its a minefield lol

airsoft power limit enforcement

BY UKAPUACTUAL ON OCTOBER 22, 2011 IN NEWS

This week the results of lethality tests performed by the Forensic Science Service were published by ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers).

The full report can be found at http://www.ukapu.org.uk/lethality_oct_2011.pdfhowever the relevant information is as follows:

ACPO Firearms and Explosives Licensing Working Group (FELWG) have proposed that the following power levels should be regarded as the lethal threshold for airsoft BBs (i.e. the power level at which they cease to be regarded as replicas and then become, on paper, real firearms). Nothing has changed in law but most police forces have adopted this as policy, so will very probably prosecute any skirmisher who exceeds them. In simple terms, airsoft skirmishers should now regard these figures as the maximum UK limits for possession, sale, purchase, import and use.

The document has established the following recommended threshold of lethality for airsoft BBs:

Full-auto or burst-fire capable : 1.3 joules (around 370fps with .2g bb)

Single-shot only (including semi auto) : 2.5 joules (around 520 fps with .2g bb)

This means that a full-auto airsoft gun over this limit is now deemed to be in the most restricted category of firearm, section 5 firearms, is only available through a Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) and would not be useable in airsoft. The minimum penalty for possessing a section 5 firearm without a section 5 licence is 5 years.

A single shot or semi automatic airsoft gun over 2.5 joules is now deemed an air gun and can be sold to anyone over 18 (as it is not subject to sections 36 to 41 of the VCRA 2006), but is probably illegal to fire at another human being and therefore also unable to be used at an airsoft site. Air guns are also subject to a number of other laws.

All types of airsoft replicas are affected by this including spring, gas and electric powered guns.

We are awaiting response from PSNI to find out if they will be adopting this recommendation in preference to the current 1J policy in Northern Ireland. There are still other areas of this subject which are unclear, such as the status of gas automatic replicas (the muzzle energy of which can vary greatly), whether it will be deemed acceptable to downgrade a post lethal AEG and whether a semi auto only 1.3-2.5J AEG or even a sub lethal AEG will ever be regarded as readily convertible (and thereby section 5). Again, we will forward any information we receive.

These results do not dictate an increase in UK site limits as site limits can of course be set by the game organiser at any level below the recommendation. Fortunately the vast majority of UK skirmishes are already played within the reccomended limits. UK airsoft is in a much better position now that these results are out as we now have a much better idea of how airsoft replicas will be regarded.

UKAPU recommends that 1.3J/2.5J is adopted by all UK players as the maximum limit for airsoft skirmishing replicas, with immediate effect.

Edited by Davyo

A story I'm not proud of but hear goes. When I was 11 I pestered for a BB gun but my mum wouldn't allow it. But that Christmas there was a present from my sister (she's 17 yrs older) that was 18"x10"x-3" that looked interesting. I started opening it and saw picture of a GLOCK 17 on the box and it was like a dream! Magazine fed,works exactly like the real thing and had the hop up system which made the BB fly straighter and further. In other words it was a good one. Had so much fun with it and a bit of mischief as I lived out in the country and out garden was surrounded by field so i didn't need to worry about neighbours. Then the following Christmas, another box from my sister but slightly larger. Upon opening it was the pictures of a scorpion sub machine gun and again it was a good one but still only single shot but more powerful than the GLOCK. My best mate used to come up my house a lot and we used to play BB gun wars WITHOUT goggles! Yes I know it was stupid and thinking back it was utter idiocy but my parents didn't know. This stupidity very nearly ended in horror when we were shooting at eachother (we were 12) from behind trees in my garden. I had the scorpion and my mate had the GLOCK and he leaned out from behind the tree and I fired and I watched the BB fly up and hit him in the eye!!!! My heart/stomach hit the floor and he dropped the gun and covered his eye and stayed crying. I ran over with sheer dread and worry and he was on the floor but when he took is hand from his eye there was a pea sized lump on his eye lid!! He was so extremely lucky and so was I and from then on we laid off it but when we did it we wore googles.

When in my early teens my friends and I would shoot at eachother with air pistols and air rifles. Shudder now to think of could have happened, the guns in question were never full power as they were all cheap knackers but when I hit my mate in the knee he screamed and walked funny for the rest of the day.

Remember when air soft guns first came out Gilsan sports sold loads to army lads from Catterick Garrison they would shoot eachother in the showers and dorm blocks for fun, until they got banned from use on base.

Brought my young son some air soft guns back from Spain when I worked out there, me and my work mates used to shoot eachother at break times, stung a bit if hit in the nipple or lip. Got my boy an electric machine gun one where you poured hundreds of bb in the top, thing took about twelve batteries. He had great fights with other local boys with them. Had some gel targets for it too.

Think your invincible as a youngster and nothing bad will ever happen to you right up to the time it does.

To be honest most of these air soft boys seem like right Walters. Lads on a stag weekend are just looking for fun so I can see the attraction. Or young lads wanting a bit of a thrill not being able to shoot proper powered guns but to do this as an adult seems a bit off to me.

Edited by figgy

My son and his mates would play for hours outside with BB guns ( I still have them somewhere ) when they were younger. The only condition I laid down was that they shot no pets or birds, neighbours, and always wore the glasses I provided which were Paslode orange glasses from our nail guns at work. They had great fun.

As for 'Walts', well......it's not illegal....yet, but I've no doubt the time will come.