EU In or out

old'un

And what has that got to do with the EU. does the EU see us as England Scotland Wales. Or as the UK

England Scotland Wales, and Northern Ireland or the UK. :hmm:

United Kingdom
Country in Europe
The U.K., made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in northwestern Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.
Edited by ordnance

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the government should be neutral until a vote is cast ? They're supposed to either do our bidding or act in the best interests of the country, and until they know what the majority of voters want they can do neither.

Dont believe it they are in the job for themselves and what is in it for them how can a multi millionaire have any grasp on what is best for working class people

Dont believe it they are in the job for themselves and what is in it for them how can a multi millionaire have any grasp on what is best for working class people

"Working class people" certainly don't have a grip on what is best for themselves. If they did, they wouldn't vote labour.

"Working class people" certainly don't have a grip on what is best for themselves. If they did, they wouldn't vote labour.

Although some might find that a little insulting,it is none the less true in many instances.

You have generations of labour voters,just as you have generations of tory voters.

They dont think about what it is or is not anymore,it is just the way they have always done it.

50 years ago,when the lines between working class and the middle to upper classes were more clearly defined, it was a no brainer.

Your labour MP was working class, or working class done good,you could relate to him or her,someone who would fight your corner.

These days ,left or right,they dont even pretend to do that,except for a very few politicians in this country, they are all pretty much self serving.

Blairs government came to power by being more right wing than ever before.

And did their best to stay in power by chucking money everywhere and importing a new grateful (and foreign) electorate.

The problem is,most of the electorate is now so fed up with the system,they dont even bother to vote.

Something else to think on

http://www.atangledweb.org/?p=62780

Unelected "people" deciding that a democratic decision (referendum vote) is not to their liking so will be ignored and over ruled

The "other" side of the Governments dubious propaganda leaflet
http://leave.eu/news/2016-04-07/why-...aflet-is-wrong

Apologies for the below links

Britain's "Better of IN"!!!!! with friends like these who needs enemies

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...escue-UK-steel

More migrants anyone?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...omic-migration

Just come across this on FB, thought it was worth putting up: in the comments section

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuoffi...type=3&theater

FCO 30/1048: Heath knew it was treason

This classified government document dated April 1971 remained secret until it was released under the 30 year rule. It proves Heath's government knew the 1972 EEC Treaty would lead to the loss of sovereignty, and was therefore treason. They had a stunningly accurate picture of the EU, which never was the EEC (an Economic Community), expecting Britain to be abolished after the turn of the century.

The authors, all civil servants or ministers, are very pro EU, their intent is clearly to conceal the loss of sovereignty. But they understood perfectly it would all be abolished.

In public Heath's government all lied the treaty would not affect our sovereignty. This includes Douglas Hurd, still an active senior Conservative, who is also both a liar and a traitor, a point we put to him at the Conservative Conference in Blackpool. He assured us his connections in the legal profession would ensure he was never convicted.

Here are just a few of the damning sentences:

Parliament controlled

11. Membership of the Communities will involve us in extensive limitations upon our freedom of action.

For the first time. Parliament is binding its successors.

Increasing loss of sovereignty

The loss of external sovereignty will however increase as the Community develops, according to the intention of the preamble to the Treaty of Rome "to establish the foundations of an even closer union among the European peoples ".

Small threats to sovereignty, like Burgess, Blunt and Maclean's selling secrets to the Russians, attract 30 year jail sentences. The penalty for actually loosing even small parts of it until 1998 was "to hang by the neck until dead."

King Charles 1st was executed for treason that was, by comparison, relatively minor.

Lord Haw Haw (“Germany Calling” - William Joyce) was hanged for treason on 3rd January 1946. His efforts on behalf of Germany were tiny by comparison with Edward Heath’s.

Our law subservient

12. (ii) The power of the European Court to consider the extent to which a UK statute is compatible with Community Law will indirectly involve an innovation for us, as the European Court's decisions will be binding on our courts which might then have to rule on the validity or applicability of the United Kingdom statute.

The writ of a foreign power is not allowed under the British Constitution, which Heath was breaking.

Predicting monetary and military union

18..but it will be in the British interest after accession to encourage the development of the Community toward an effectively harmonised economic, fiscal and monetary system and a fairly closely coordinated and consistent foreign and defence policy. If it came to do so then essential aspects of sovereignty both internal and external would indeed increasingly be transferred to the Community itself.

No withdrawal, sovereignty diminished

22. Even with the most dramatic development of the Community the major member states can hardly lose the "last resort" ability to withdraw in much less than three decades. The Community's development could produce before then a period in which the political practicability of withdrawal was doubtful. If the point should ever be reached at which inability to renounce the Treaty (and with it the degeneration of the national institutions which could opt for such a policy) was clear, then sovereignty, external, parliamentary and practical would indeed be diminished.

Disinformation

After entry there would be a major responsibility on HMG and on all political parties not to exacerbate public concern by attributing unpopular measures or unfavourable economic developments to the remote and unmanageable workings of the Community.

Transfer of the Executive

24 (ii) The transfer of major executive responsibilities to the bureaucratic Commission in Brussels will exacerbate popular feeling of alienation from government.

Erosion of sovereignty

24 (v) ...The more the Community is developed ... the more Parliamentary sovereignty will be eroded. ...The right ... to withdraw will remain for a very considerable time. ...The sovereignty of the State will surely remain unchallenged for this century at least.

The EU Bureaucracy will rule

25. The impact of entry upon sovereignty is closely related to the blurring of distinctions between domestic political and foreign affairs, to the greater political responsibility of the bureaucracy of the Community and the lack of effective democratic control.

The writers understanding of the future of the EU was bang on. They wanted the bureaucracy to take over from the democracy. The loss of sovereignty was desirable for them, legally traitors working deep inside our government.

More from Daniel Hannan

The great and good urging us to vote ‘in’ have been bought off by Brussels.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/the-great-and-good-urging-us-to-vote-in-have-been-bought-off-by-brussels/

But to have a major impact it needs to be said in simple terms and single syllable words on the front page of the Sun. There's nothing out there that a lot of the voters will (can?) read.

This may help your decision:

I am dreading the backlash after the referendum, because as much as I hope we leave the EU, I don't think we will, and the likes of Germany and France will take great delight in rubbing our noses in it and making us jump through even more hoops - and there won't be a damn thing that we can do abourt it. :mad:

I am dreading the backlash after the referendum, because as much as I hope we leave the EU, I don't think we will, and the likes of Germany and France will take great delight in rubbing our noses in it and making us jump through even more hoops - and there won't be a damn thing that we can do abourt it. :mad:

If we stay in I hope that ukip will gain some serious traction and start gaing some seats. I'm not saying they'll come in and we'll live happily ever after but they can't do worse than lab or cons and something has to change in this country.

I have just received the Government's glossy brochure through the door, it really is almost child like in its wording and the way it is set out. Fairly obvious what they think of us if they believe we would accept that at face value.

Quite insulting really

I have just received the Government's glossy brochure through the door, it really is almost child like in its wording and the way it is set out. Fairly obvious what they think of us if they believe we would accept that at face value.

Quite insulting really

One problem, not everyone will see it in the same light. Some people will love it. And beleive it

See how they are treating the Dutch vote, that might give a clue. They are about to ignore the Dutch and give 44 million Ukranian's and 80 million Turks visa free travel in Europe, wonder what delights they will bring to European culture. How on earth will bringing those two countries in enrich Europe, just vote out.

Quite insulting really

I didn't bother reading it. I just put it in a jiffy bag and sent it back to Downing St without a stamp.

Quite insulting really

Exactly how an "out" leaflet should be worded. The majority of voters like simple dumbed down literature. I employ two "lads" (32 / 33 years old?) and anything with more than one syllable goes over their heads, seriously :good:

Schools have been sadly lacking for decades now.