Bomb disposal unit for this?

Nothing suprises me when it comes to the police in England, i am surprised they didn't call international rescue. Another example of police overreaction bellow.

Thirty police officers, an arsenal of guns and a lion expert... all to catch two dangerous dogs

More than 30 police officers in riot gear surround a suburban house. Some are carrying rifles.

But this was not a deadly stand-off with an armed gang or a lone gunman.

Instead the huge police operation was aimed at two dogs. It went on for 30 hours and is estimated to have cost £30,000.

Edited by ordnance

I suspect (but obviously don't know) it may be black powder or similar taken away as its awkward at best to store at a police station.

If you were moving black powder out of your house, somewhere for safe storage would you call the bomb squad to help you. :hmm: I think you would have more common sense.

Edited by ordnance

If you were moving black powder out of your house, somewhere for safe storage would you call the bomb squad to help you. :hmm: I think you would have more common sense.

Common sense isn't very common any more and secondly I'm sure they would happily move it but where to store it at the police station? Best let xpo collect and take it away is my best guess on this situtation.

As interesting as our hobby is it doesn't feature very highly on the list of daily activities encountered by police. Drugs, burglary, theft, violent assaults, some more rather nasty things best not mentioned all come up far more often amd are what they geare up for on a daily basis.

Black powder? I've never come across it at work and know I couldn't store it anywhere at the nick in compliance with the law.

All this is pie in the sky though as we don't know and can only draw poorly informed conclusions based on opinion and a rumour.

Common sense isn't very common any more and secondly I'm sure they would happily move it but where to store it at the police station? Best let xpo collect and take it away is my best guess on this situtation.

As interesting as our hobby is it doesn't feature very highly on the list of daily activities encountered by police. Drugs, burglary, theft, violent assaults, some more rather nasty things best not mentioned all come up far more often amd are what they geare up for on a daily basis.

Black powder? I've never come across it at work and know I couldn't store it anywhere at the nick in compliance with the law.

All this is pie in the sky though as we don't know and can only draw poorly informed conclusions based on opinion and a rumour.

If i was a police officer i would ask advice from the firearms enquiry officers, take it to a local dealer etc i doubt they would say ring the bomb squad. I know it would not happen here the bomb squads have better things to do.

As you say.

Edited by ordnance

:yes:

So often the situation with a sensationalised report in the media!

Personally I think there's far more danger to the public from firearms officers holding automatic weapons whilst perched on ladders and walls than from a licensed collection of old guns. Their safety record when standing on solid ground is apalling enough without pretending to be Jack Bauer.

Whatever happened to the Bobby on a bicycle? These hugely expensive stupid pantomimes laid on for the media are pure propaganda to convince the gullible that the police really can protect the public.

Edited by Westward

Personally I think there's far more danger to the public from firearms officers holding automatic weapons whilst perched on ladders and walls than from a licensed collection of old guns. Their safety record when standing on solid ground is apalling enough without pretending to be Jack Bauer.

Whatever happened to the Bobby on a bicycle? These hugely expensive stupid pantomimes laid on for the media are pure propaganda to convince the gullible that the police really can protect the public.

lol

I guess people really do just see what they want to see? Those look like shotguns to me not "automatic weapons" I take it you're also aware that photo posted in the thread has nothing to do with the thread title?

I'm interested in the safety record you find appalling, got any statistics you'd care to post as you've obviously done your research?

I take it you're also aware that photo posted in the thread has nothing to do with the thread title?

Its another example police overaction in England, if the police acted similar here they would be a laughing stock.

Edited by ordnance

Another bash at the police, I wonder if you would be prepared to head towards a terrorist attack putting yourself in harm's way like the brave officers in armed response would.

Another bash at the police, I wonder if you would be prepared to head towards a terrorist attack putting yourself in harm's way like the brave officers in armed response would.

Exactly!

As Sir Terry Wogan used to say, 'Everyone's an expert...'

Mike.

Yes they are also good at shooting a unarmed civilian sitting on a train. Every organisation is and should be open to criticism when they get it wrong and praise when they get it right including the police. As for bravery i think the police going on duty unarmed are the brave ones, when was the last time an armed response or any armed police officer was killed in England Scotland or Wales. ? Compared with unarmed officers. :hmm:

Edited by ordnance

Yes they are also good at shooting a unarmed civilian sitting on a train. Every organisation is and should be open to criticism when they get it wrong and praise when they get it right including the police. As for bravery i think the police going on duty unarmed are the brave ones, when was the last time an armed response or any armed police officer was killed in England Scotland or Wales. ? Compared with unarmed officers. :hmm:

:good:

Yes unarmed police are just as brave also, and generally armed police have served unarmed before becoming armed or also serve unarmed, as for the train shooting it was not the officers who took the shot to blame they were told and had an honest held belief that the guy was going to blow the train up yet they ran on to the train anyway, despite the threat they thought they faced as awful as it was, what were they to do, if the Intel they were given was right stand by and watch hundreds of unarmed civilians killed, its easy to sit back and be an arm chair judge with years of hindsight when officers are given a split second to make life and death decisions.

the train shooting it was not the officers who took the shot to blame they were told and had an honest held belief that the guy was going to blow the train up yet they ran on to the train anyway, despite the threat they thought they faced as awful as it was, what were they to do, if the Intel they were given was right stand by and watch hundreds of unarmed civilians killed, its easy to sit back and be an arm chair judge with years of hindsight when officers are given a split second to make life and death decisions.

Yes and they made the wrong decision the bombers had rucksacks he was sitting in a t shirt and jacket. No matter what they were told they were there it was up to them to assess the situation make the decision shoot or doint shoot. They and the superiors should have being charged, thinking someone could be going to do something is not a good enough reason to shoot them, if it was a son or daughter of the people defending their actions they might have a different view. :hmm: As for the officers that threaten to spit out the dummy if any of them are charged, i would sack them.

Edited by ordnance

Yes and they made the wrong decision the bombers had rucksacks he was sitting in a t shirt and jacket. No matter what they were told they were there it was up to them to assess the situation make the decision shoot or doint shoot. They and the superiors should have being charged, thinking someone could be going to do something is not a good enough reason to shoot them, if it was a son or daughter of the people defending their actions they might have a different view. :hmm:

It wasn't the officers on the ground who made the mistake, for all they knew the rucksack they thought he had was planted and he could have blown it up by remote detonation, these were probably thoughts flying through their mind as they bravely ran on to that train wondering if they would be blown up as they did so, that's not to take away from the terrible tragedy of an innocent man losing his life. on your other point on how many armed officers killed in action you might want to do some research on northern Ireland, and I'd say it's a credit to the armed police's tactics, training and skill that so few have been killed.

Edited to say... instead of looking at how many armed officers are killed compared to unarmed, why not look at how many armed jobs they deal with and how few times it ends up with anyone getting shot at all, that I think draws a very much more accurate picture of the restraint they show on a daily basis. You only hear of the very few occasions when someone gets shot.

Edited by 12gauge82

on your other point on how many armed officers killed in action you might want to do some research on northern Ireland, and I'd say it's a credit to the armed police's tactics, training and skill that so few have been killed.

I know how many police have being killed in Northern Ireland i live there. I left out Northern Ireland because my point was about unarmed police in England if it was up to me they would all be armed in the UK.

I'd say it's a credit to the armed police's tactics, training and skill that so few have been killed.

How many armed police have even being shot at i would say very few, again i would say more unarmed officers have being shot at and killed in mainland UK.

Edited to say... instead of looking at how many armed officers are killed compared to unarmed, why not look at how many armed jobs they deal with and how few times it ends up with anyone getting shot at all, that I think draws a very much more accurate picture of the restraint they show on a daily basis. You only hear of the very few occasions when someone gets shot.

That would depend on what the incidents are, from what i see a 5 year old with a water pistol is enough for a armed responce in England. Or walking over the fields shooting rabbits etc.

Edited by ordnance