mass shooting in orlando

toontastic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You all miss the part that's of most importance. He was muslim, they were gay. When it reaches the situation where muslims wreak havoc in non muslim countries just because they don't agree with their lifestyle then it's muslims that need control, not firearms.

That's the root of the problem, not what he used to kill them with.

No you're missing the point, mass shooting where no "Muslims" were involved (presumably therefore committed by Christians by your logic) outnumber the mozzy one by a practically incalculable factor. :yes: Don't forget mass shooting have gone on for decades there.

This guy was born in the US, we at this stage have zero idea of his Muslimness, whether he went to mosques or prayed or married a practicing woman, for all we know he may have drank alcohol and dated western girls. We don't bring up the previous country of origin of the other 99.9% of nut jobs or their religious leanings, I wonder why.

1) Because Cops cannot be everywhere. 2) Cops are not a personal Protection Force 3) Sadly, too many Americans are violent 4) The most lawless places in the US are the places where firearms are restricted 3) Texas, Florida, where concealed carry is legal - there's less gun crime than New York City and Chicago where guns are severely restricted. 5) Out law guns - and only out laws will have guns 6) Americans believe each person has an inherent right to self defense 7) Go here for the rest of the story: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/493636.html

The rest of the civilised (and some less so) world manages to get by without packin heat.

What do you base your view on that the banning of some firearms are why there have not being any mass shootings in Australia since port arthur, whats your evidence. ? ?

because since the ban there have been no mass shootings using these weapons. But it's probably coincidence right ?

I'm afraid that statement is far from true.

In the context that the US suffers from mass killings as well as gun related violence and accidents on an unimaginable scale compared to anywhere else in the world, it is perfectly true. We'd all like to have a 9mm to point at chavs but the fact that we can't is why we're safer overall.

You all miss the part that's of most importance. He was muslim, they were gay. When it reaches the situation where muslims wreak havoc in non muslim countries just because they don't agree with their lifestyle then it's muslims that need control, not firearms.

That's the root of the problem, not what he used to kill them with.

This is one thing that the PC brigade will never understand these people have a different culture to Christion/judi religion lots of us in the western world may have outgrown the need to have gods but we still mostly live by the Christion rules that we have formed over hundreds of years but it seems to me that they still live in the past and you cannot have it both ways if they do not like the way that we do things they should go back to there own countries that is not rasist its fact.

In the context that the US suffers from mass killings as well as gun related violence and accidents on an unimaginable scale compared to anywhere else in the world, it is perfectly true. We'd all like to have a 9mm to point at chavs but the fact that we can't is why we're safer overall.

People always say that the us suffers from lots of gun related violence and they do but they are not alone there are lots of other countries around the world where guns are used a lot to kill other people south America Mexico lots in Africa and North Africa the list goes on and on I am just pointing out that it is not only in the US.

Pull your neck in,Digger has been a member on here a long time,not two minutes like you m

Oh good grief! It is better to say nothing and let the world think that you are a fool than to say something and remove all doubt.

I'm entitled to my opinion and to disagree with people the same as everyone else, no matter how long I've been a member, so YOU wind your neck in, and while you're at it how about reading the posts properly, if you're going to ban guns that are designed to kill people which is what he is suggesting then you'll be banning everything back to the matchlock and beyond, I'm sure he isn't advocating banning all guns, what I'm doing is making a point.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, but don't you dare tell me I'm not entitled to have one because I haven't been here long enough.

Well said.

As usual, the point is it's not the type of firearms that's the problem, it's the type of people that have access to them.

I don't think banning a any type of firearm is the answer, America doesn't need a "assault rifle" ban, it needs to seriously overhaul the procedure of firearms purchase AND look much,much deeper into the person who wants to purchase the firearm. That's the problem, NOT the firearms themselves.

Some balance is required. As a gun owner who lives in a country with relatively lax firearms laws, I'm quite happy with some of my freedoms being curtailed in the interests of public safety. No civilian needs an automatic rifle, not many have the need for large calibre semi-automatics either (although here at least, there are some pest control situations where they are genuinely required). I understand that law abiding citizens may want such weapons for whatever reason, but tough. Where does it end? 50 calibre machine guns, rocket launchers, tanks?

Americans are dying because of the ridiculous second amendment. It was written over 200 years ago. It was not written by the hand of God, just men in the context of the world they were living in at that time. The world has moved on.

As usual, the point is it's not the type of firearms that's the problem, it's the type of people that have access to them.

It's both. You can never eradicate the problem altogether but you need 21st century solutions to a 500 year old "our fore fathers had guns" :rolleyes: mentality.

Americans are dying because of the ridiculous second amendment. It was written over 200 years ago. It was not written by the hand of God, just men in the context of the world they were living in at that time. The world has moved on.

But according to four-wheel-drive Christian values will stop mass shootings. Funny how those values haven't stopped them from invading half the known world and killing a few million people. :hmm:

Regardless of the context it's still untrue; many governments of many countries ( even the ones you describe as civilised) allow its citizens to carry some means of self defence.

We live in violent times in a seemingly increasingly violent world unfortunately.

All the victims of all the mass shootings in any country you care to mention have one thing in common; they were all unarmed.

What is it about politicians that can express outrage that shootings such as those in Paris could happen, yet don't think it's outrageous that the victims involved had no choice but to be victims?

Some people are paying a heavy price for the privelige of living in a civilised country.

As for the situation in America; like I've said, the problem goes much deeper than the availability of guns.

Regardless of the context it's still untrue; many governments of many countries ( even the ones you describe as civilised) allow its citizens to carry some means of self defence.

We live in violent times in a seemingly increasingly violent world unfortunately.

All the victims of all the mass shootings in any country you care to mention have one thing in common; they were all unarmed.

What is it about politicians that can express outrage that shootings such as those in Paris could happen, yet don't think it's outrageous that the victims involved had no choice but to be victims?

Some people are paying a heavy price for the privelige of living in a civilised country.

As for the situation in America; like I've said, the problem goes much deeper than the availability of guns.

It does go way deeper and at least for one thing we know that particular festering wound is not the fault of Islam. Does the bible's go forth and multiply have a hand to play ? Who knows but man has a habit of justifying murder and genocide if he thinks a verse or two might have given him the all clear.

For what it's worth I think the notion of everybody being armed to make us safe is a non starter.

Either way you look at this the fact is 50 have died and i feel it's not religion or a terrorist act but 1 and I'll say that again . It's just 1 nutter .

Any person willing to take someone else's life is a nut job . Unfortunately you can't stop nutters.

I do feel and as a shooter of 25 years of all types of shooting target,vermin,competition,fac and sgc holder that military weapons belong in the military. The world is evolving and we need to keep up.

I'm not asking people to agree with me but if America does not act soon , many more people will loose their family members.

Gun control is the key.

Even a speeding fine here can loose your guns and I feel safe enough to walk the streets with just my house keys in my pocket.

Banning certain types of firearms in America believe would do nothing to stop these types of shootings, the amount of guns out there and the attitude towards firearms the guns would go under the beds and the black market trade would be huge meaning the type of person who would carry out a shooting would be able to get hold of one as easily as you or I could buy a pack of sweets, I believe the UK should relax firearms restrictions on semi auto centre fire and concentrate on licencing the person not the type of gun, (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe Switzerland has access to many types of firearms even full auto I think, plus gun ownership levels are very high yet their firearms crime rate is very low

It's both. You can never eradicate the problem altogether but you need 21st century solutions to a 500 year old "our fore fathers had guns" :rolleyes: mentality.

200 year old dictats have nothing to do with it. The same mentality that NEEDS an AR also NEEDS a pitbull for a dog. NO-ONE NEEDS an AR for hunting or target shooting except a serving soldier.

For those who don't fall into that category, join a club and leave your weapons locked at the club.

Even the all powerful brainwashing gun lobby in America will accede to restrictions eventually if they want to carry on reaping their dollar. The pressure increases every time something like this happens.

As for the innocents that are with us no more, RIP

I wish we had a 2A like America has . Guns aren't the problem,people are the problem!A gun of any type is merely a tool . If he'd gone round shooting innocent people with a nice over under shotgun and there were public cries of "let's ban them" and "why does anyone need these awful things" then a lot of folk on here would be singing a very different tune .It's very tiring hearing the "your guns bad but mines Ok" argument over and over.

Banning certain types of firearms in America believe would do nothing to stop these types of shootings, the amount of guns out there and the attitude towards firearms the guns would go under the beds and the black market trade would be huge meaning the type of person who would carry out a shooting would be able to get hold of one as easily as you or I could buy a pack of sweets, I believe the UK should relax firearms restrictions on semi auto centre fire and concentrate on licencing the person not the type of gun, (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe Switzerland has access to many types of firearms even full auto I think, plus gun ownership levels are very high yet their firearms crime rate is very low

Of course it's a fact that laws are made for the law abiding citizen and illegal guns would go underground but over time and amnesties would gradually come under control. At the very least it would be a step in the right direction.

None of us want to be told what to do or not do, but remember, laws are made (except for Tory laws) for the greater good of the many not the few.