Michael Gove for PM

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just been watching Goves speech on the TV and I think he sounds quite impressive if people are going to pick on him would you at least have the decency to watch his entire speech not just the bits that are on the news as I have said before I am no big fan of the tory party but I do like Gove he comes over as a good person even if I may not agree with everything that he says.

I watched his numerous speeches in full on education, I watched his numerous attempts to force through an unworkable policy on education. I watched his ridiculous timetable screw up kids lives, if he had implemented it for school starters rather than leavers taking the exam the very next year it wouldn’t have been as big a problem. I watched him cancelled his education reforms mid-stream again screwing the same poor kids then accept no responsibility for the mess he caused. I watched him then get removed from education.

I don’t need to see anything more from this man, he did not heed the warnings given by just about everybody, his arrogance that he was still right even though his policy’s failed numerous times and still claiming he was right even after being booted out of education means he is not a good person to have any power in my eyes at all.

I recall someone calling Gove a "wannabe wolf in wannabe sheep's clothing.

The article was about his henchmen who went around strong-arming his fellow MPs. While at the same time he considers himself incredibly intelligent.

As Timps says, whatever he was trying to do while at Education he utterly failed and cost some children dear. I don't think there's any way he could argue that the outcome was what he wanted or intended - it really was just utter failure.

I was suspicious of gove all the way through his campaign, what he's done now just confirmed my suspicions of him, I know Teresa may can't be trusted and don't feel it's right someone who backed remain should take the top job, I know very little of fox although I like everything I've heard him say so I'm backing him at present, after researching farage during the campaign, he is currently the only politician I trust in politics and while I don't share all his views and feel he can be blunt at times I hope he and his party gain massive support at the next election.

I was suspicious of gove all the way through his campaign, what he's done now just confirmed my suspicions of him, I know Teresa may can't be trusted and don't feel it's right someone who backed remain should take the top job, I know very little of fox although I like everything I've heard him say so I'm backing him at present, after researching farage during the campaign, he is currently the only politician I trust in politics and while I don't share all his views and feel he can be blunt at times I hope he and his party gain massive support at the next election.

Fox is my local mp and i have had many an email conversation with him regarding housing and he actually backed our village in trying to stop building on green field sites.. We failed but atleast he tried...

so you are a NIMBY fill the country with people but they must not live by me.

I take issue with this,because so much of it is happening in my area.

The builders want to build on green belt land and in nice villages because the houses are worth more there.

There are literally 100s of empty brown belt sites in Nottingham,but they have been empty for years,the builders ignore them because they are not in 'nice' areas.

They put planning apps in on beautiful areas outside the city ,as they know the houses are worth twice as much = more profit for them.

And despite the fact its green belt,the apps get granted,strange isnt it ?

And what type of houses are they building ?

Affordable 1 or 2 bed starter homes ? No, 4-5 bed houses that only the well off can afford.

Anyone can recognise that we need more houses,but someone in government needs to bring this racket to account.

Shocking isn't it, just goes to show the politicians just don't get it. Vote ukip, let'snot stop with brexit and have a proper revolution

Shocking? Ill say its shocking, just done a google search on Cloning from old DNA extraced from bones, Now where is Mathew Hopkins grave anyone know. :lol:

Laugh nothing to Laugh at here if she gets in there is not a single man jack of us on this board wont be crying...A LOT! :unhappy: :unhappy:

Shocking? Ill say its shocking, just done a google search on Cloning from old DNA extraced from bones, Now where is Mathew Hopkins grave anyone know. :lol:

Laugh nothing to Laugh at here if she gets in there is not a single man jack of us on this board wont be crying...A LOT! :unhappy: :unhappy:

😂😂😂 Just googled who he was, your right we could use a guy like that at the moment

I take issue with this,because so much of it is happening in my area.

The builders want to build on green belt land and in nice villages because the houses are worth more there.

There are literally 100s of empty brown belt sites in Nottingham,but they have been empty for years,the builders ignore them because they are not in 'nice' areas.

They put planning apps in on beautiful areas outside the city ,as they know the houses are worth twice as much = more profit for them.

And despite the fact its green belt,the apps get granted,strange isnt it ?

And what type of houses are they building ?

Affordable 1 or 2 bed starter homes ? No, 4-5 bed houses that only the well off can afford.

Anyone can recognise that we need more houses,but someone in government needs to bring this racket to account.

I think (was told by builder) that it's due to eu regs regarding contamination of the brown sites. Apparently the regs are now so strict the costs involved just make it not worthwhile. Although we built on them for years with no problem the eu say no now.

On some sites several metres of soil has to be sent away for cleaning before being returned, or buried in a sealed pit and new stuff brought it.

Has anyone else worked out that there is the distinct possibility that all the major parties could be run by women soon?

Tory : Teresa May

Labour : Angela Eagle

SNP: Nicola Sturgeon

Plaid Cymru: Leanne Wood

Green: Natalie Bennet

Maybe this should be in the Conspiracy Theory thread :)

I'm pretty sure they're all blokes in drag. (This could of course be a conspiracy theory).

and between her and her husband they are well loaded millions not very working class

And your point is? That only a working class person is suitable to lead the Country?

We're all working class my friend- just some have worked differently to others and have benefitted by their decisions.

I'm guessing you also wish to abolish the Monarchy too..........

And your point is? That only a working class person is suitable to lead the Country?

We're all working class my friend- just some have worked differently to others and have benefitted by their decisions.

I'm guessing you also wish to abolish the Monarchy too..........

Too many politicians are completely removed from the working class(I hate calling it that but everyone knows what is meant by calling it that).

I'm guessing you also wish to abolish the Monarchy too.......... To rite I do

My point is most of the tory people in government are as the saying goes Tofs not ordinary people

Edited by four-wheel-drive

No doubt about it and she is the best of all of them

You dont like shooting then, hate guns and think only the police should have them, i saw her on question time around the time of dunblane, she was a minor politician back then, was as anti gun as anyone i ever saw, there was a bloke on with her and a woman whose name escapes me now, but she was anti gun, brown tight curly hair, the bloke was called LORD MCENZIE ill never forget that show as long as i live that Bloke and your best friend MAY gave the most disgusting displays of anti gun propoganda i have ever seen in my life.

No good will come when she takes power for guns or this land. :unhappy:

You dont like shooting then, hate guns and think only the police should have them, i saw her on question time around the time of dunblane, she was a minor politician back then, was as anti gun as anyone i ever saw, there was a bloke on with her and a woman whose name escapes me now, but she was anti gun, brown tight curly hair, the bloke was called LORD MCENZIE ill never forget that show as long as i live that Bloke and your best friend MAY gave the most disgusting displays of anti gun propoganda i have ever seen in my life.

No good will come when she takes power for guns or this land. :unhappy:

I've never spoken to a copper or prison guard who has a good thing to say for her either

I think (was told by builder) that it's due to eu regs regarding contamination of the brown sites. Apparently the regs are now so strict the costs involved just make it not worthwhile. Although we built on them for years with no problem the eu say no now.

On some sites several metres of soil has to be sent away for cleaning before being returned, or buried in a sealed pit and new stuff brought it.

Look at where the brown field sites usually are and ask yourself if you would like to live there or somewhere else.

Look at where the brown field sites usually are and ask yourself if you would like to live there or somewhere else.

Or,if you were a developer, ask yourself 'how much will it cost to decontaminate the land, how many potential delays are hidden underground and how much can I sell the house for after I've fulfilled the 25% affordable housing quota'.

If I was a developer I'd go for the easy option every time, it's the planninf dept that should be there to protect green belt and focus on brownfield.

Or,if you were a developer, ask yourself 'how much will it cost to decontaminate the land, how many potential delays are hidden underground and how much can I sell the house for after I've fulfilled the 25% affordable housing quota'.

If I was a developer I'd go for the easy option every time, it's the planninf dept that should be there to protect green belt and focus on brownfield.

There`s a site not too far from me where they`ve built a lot of new houses. The site`s previous use was for making tar. It`s been closed for years, long before I came here, but on hot days you could still smell tar. The developers have had to strip several metres of topsoil out to make it habitable. I`m not sure what the situation is now but I know at one point they were having trouble selling the houses.