Only Jeremy Corbyn could...

chrisjpainter

He as a tallent for holding on to a job he is unfit to do thats a fact, and to crown it all he is that left he is sinister.

Labour have to push him or they are sunk, and we need an opposition of some merit, but Labour are not cutting it right now.

To be fair to him, what this report, as well as a million other instances, highlights is nothing more than his incompetents at looking and speaking like a media-managed automaton. Because of our warped ideas of how a politician should speak he gets ridiculed not for what he means for but his shambling way of saying it.

He is hopeless in so many ways and really should go, but this nit-picking over semantics is just depressing.

To be fair to him, what this report, as well as a million other instances, highlights is nothing more than his incompetents at looking and speaking like a media-managed automaton. Because of our warped ideas of how a politician should speak he gets ridiculed not for what he means for but his shambling way of saying it.

He is hopeless in so many ways and really should go, but this nit-picking over semantics is just depressing.

I think this is more than nit-picking. It's too easy to make the link from what he says to 'Israel is as bad as ISIS', especially after all the stuff about 'our friends in Hamas and Hezbollah.' You'd have thought he could have seen what was going to happen next.

My worry is that, given his pro-Palestinian rhetoric in years gone by, this was a deliberate cheap shot.

Good point.

All to often a debate is silenced or loses meaning because of an excuse to intentionally misinterpret a message.

Good point.

All to often a debate is silenced or loses meaning because of an excuse to intentionally misinterpret a message.

His statements today aside, Corbyn has a long history of antisemitic associations, there's his close friends Ken Livingstone and George Galloway for one thing, hardly beacons of love and tolerance towards Jewish people, and also during the referendum campaign he flatly refused to share any kind of platform or event with David Cameron, so he obviously has enough principles to not share a platform with those he strongly disagrees with, so the fact that he's happy to share a platform with both Paul Eisen, who is a holocaust denier, and Raed Salah, who has been convicted of various offences of incitement involving the medieval blood libel that Jews use the Blood of children to make their bread for Passover, and had been convicted long before Corbyn met him speaks volumes.

The hard left has a real problem with antisemitism, and has for years, and so does Corbyn's Labour Party, just look to see how many Hamas flags are being waved in the crowds at his rallies, this is an organisation that states in its charter that there will be no peace with Israel until Israel is gone.

His statement today, if you pick it apart, says that Muslims can be decent as long as they don't support ISIS, and Jews can be decent as long as they don't support Israel, because they're one and the same, I'm not surprised in the slightest that people are angry, nor do I believe that he stumbled over his words or is being misinterpreted, the man has advisors to pick up glaring mistakes before he speaks, and that statement wouldn't have been there if it wasn't meant to be.

The Telegraph explains it better than I can, but even the Guardian are flaming him for it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/after-comparing-israel-to-isil-weve-got-to-stop-pretending-that/

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/jeremy-corbyn-appears-compare-israeli-government-islamic-state-labour-antisemitism-review

Edited by Jamesey1981

Good point.

Good point.

A bit like on here sometimes :)

He has been a protester for so long that he finds it hard to say anything good about Israel. Actually, I never thought I would end up supporting Jeremy on here but what he said wasn't that bad. Just a bit awkwardly worded.

I do think they were lying in wait for him, he has been a critic for decades and now they can get a bit of payback

Corbyn worked hard for remain but it was just not good enough he failed plain and simple.

This fact alone is reason enough he should stand down. But disgracefully he has decided he is staying, and he has put his own position and desires ahead of the intrests of his party, typical tail wagging dog syndrome he should hang his head in shame.

Labour are not going to recover from this, they had to get rid of him to regain so much lost ground.

Edited by TONY R

It should also be remembered that the well known unbiased activist Shami Chakrabarti produced the report :/ :/ :/ :whistling: :whistling:

Yes, I was little surprised to see her there. I have no doubt she has her political affiliations, but as one who campaigns for 'rights' I thought it strange when she interjected to stifle a question. We all have agendas eh.

Actually it sounds a bit weird, but a bit of limbo might be just what we need as a country. Give people time to think. I may not be the only one tired of knee jerk re-actions and the "something must be done" syndrome. Perhaps a bit of inaction will allow the dust to settle and the markets to settle without too much macho posturing.

David.

FTSI doing well and as one young graduate (what do they teach them at Uni!!!) said to my wife there is still money in the ATMs (who thought there wouldn't be?) so yes Kalahari, perhaps a period of calm, a new PM, hopefully a new Opposition and we might be 'Great' again. I'm hearing several countries are envious of us, our MEPs are hugely relieved to move away from the bloated wasteful EU HQ and foreign companies who are dependant upon the UK are doing deals back door - German motor industry want to secure their position ie BMW, Mini, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, etc etc.

I think life will be different, possibly happier and this will remove a huge cause of dissatisfaction if not the actual problems. I'm optimistic!